Thread: Question answered

Post imported post

You read a story like this and wonder how people can ask: "Why do you feel the need to carry?".

http://www.wyomingnews.com/articles/...p_07-28-09.txt

If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Post imported post

Matie wait till all the facts are known as a segment of the population can not own firearms legally, should not own firearms legally and some people make bad choices and suffer due to personal actions.

Now i am not saying that Adonnis Whitehead was asking to be killed or even robed but chances are he made some bad choices and might possibly have not been allowed to carry a legal firearm in the 1st place.

This very possibly was not a typical home invasion but it could have been that the shooters were in Cheyenne following the rodeo and carnival around working the food booths or the rids and games and got in with some locals doing illegal things and the locals did not realize or understand what kind of people they were dealing with.

Only time will tell what actually happened.

Post imported post

What you say is true, butI guess I should have elaborated on my point. The fact that this kind of stupid stuff happens in a town that the people think of as "safe" just reinforces my belief that I should carry everyday wherever I go.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Post imported post

MatieA wrote:
    What you say is true, butI guess I should have elaborated on my point. The fact that this kind of stupid stuff happens in a town that the people think of as "safe" just reinforces my belief that I should carry everyday wherever I go.
    Unable to argue that point.

1 family dead in Cheyenne due to a double murder and suicide and then less than a week later another murder.

It opens up the old argued to death arguement about carrying concealed or openly and if one is better than another.

Post imported post

This whole "prohibited person" insanity just keeps getting worse. Anyone who is actually violent and criminal should either be dead at the hands of thier intended victim, or locked up for good.

Anyone who is truly incompetent to defend themselves needs a guardian.

The idea that anyone, including government, can render ordinary people helpless at their whim, the vague fear that someone "might" misbehave, is insane.

And, in case you didn't notice, the real criminals among these "prohibited persons" have no problems either obtaining weapons or using them.

Laws do not prevent violent behavior. They are sometimes applied after the fact.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.