• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question answered

Mjolnir

imported post

Matie wait till all the facts are known as a segment of the population can not own firearms legally, should not own firearms legally and some people make bad choices and suffer due to personal actions.

Now i am not saying that Adonnis Whitehead was asking to be killed or even robed but chances are he made some bad choices and might possibly have not been allowed to carry a legal firearm in the 1st place.

This very possibly was not a typical home invasion but it could have been that the shooters were in Cheyenne following the rodeo and carnival around working the food booths or the rids and games and got in with some locals doing illegal things and the locals did not realize or understand what kind of people they were dealing with.

Only time will tell what actually happened.

MatieA

imported post

What you say is true, butI guess I should have elaborated on my point. The fact that this kind of stupid stuff happens in a town that the people think of as "safe" just reinforces my belief that I should carry everyday wherever I go.

Mjolnir

imported post

MatieA wrote:
What you say is true, butI guess I should have elaborated on my point. The fact that this kind of stupid stuff happens in a town that the people think of as "safe" just reinforces my belief that I should carry everyday wherever I go.

Unable to argue that point.

1 family dead in Cheyenne due to a double murder and suicide and then less than a week later another murder.

It opens up the old argued to death arguement about carrying concealed or openly and if one is better than another.

MamaLiberty

imported post

This whole "prohibited person" insanity just keeps getting worse. Anyone who is actually violent and criminal should either be dead at the hands of thier intended victim, or locked up for good.

Anyone who is truly incompetent to defend themselves needs a guardian.

The idea that anyone, including government, can render ordinary people helpless at their whim, the vague fear that someone "might" misbehave, is insane.

And, in case you didn't notice, the real criminals among these "prohibited persons" have no problems either obtaining weapons or using them.

Laws do not prevent violent behavior. They are sometimes applied after the fact.