• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man convicted of making online threats to Obama

smoking357

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
ixtow wrote:
Armed wrote:
I noticed he waived his right to jury trial. I would think that was a bad move.
Depends... In the particular County in FL that I live, I have witnessed plenty of circumstances where the defendant has no choice. sure, the technicality of law exists that says you have a right to a trial, etc... but One Judge in particular around here, is quite bold in stating that if you choose to go to trial, then his mind is already made up that you are guilty and if you waive your right, at least you'll see the light of day again someday. This man also forbids any public viewing, monitoring, or recording of any of his proceedings (no public trials) not even other defendants ('the guilty' as he calls them) are allowed in the room. His SOP is that if you have been charged with a misdemeanor, you'll get the maximum allowable for it if you waive your right. But if you choose to fight the charge, he'll find any way possible to make the most serious felony of it that he can imagine, and you are guilty no matter what evidence (or lack of it) is presented in your defense. This man has NEVER, not even once, determined that a defendant was 'not guilty.' Most of his 'trials' have no minutes available to review.

Been this way for almost 15 years.

Have you ever been before this judge you're describing?

For what charge(s)?
Just agree with him. You don't know what it's like here. Florida is not America. The courts and the cops are liars, and the citizens like it that way.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
In fairness, nothing in the constitution says "There shall be no czars"
Here we go again. Nothing in the Constitution AUTHORIZES "czars" or for that matter czarinas or czardines. Although I do find the notion of a pack of Neo-Bolsheviks running around demanding "czars" a bit amusing; if bizarre.

KS_to_CA

imported post

ixtow wrote:
Armed wrote:
Depends... In the particular County in FL that I live, I have witnessed plenty of circumstances where the defendant has no choice. sure, the technicality of law exists that says you have a right to a trial, etc... but One Judge in particular around here, is quite bold in stating that if you choose to go to trial, then his mind is already made up that you are guilty and if you waive your right, at least you'll see the light of day again someday. This man also forbids any public viewing, monitoring, or recording of any of his proceedings (no public trials) not even other defendants ('the guilty' as he calls them) are allowed in the room. His SOP is that if you have been charged with a misdemeanor, you'll get the maximum allowable for it if you waive your right. But if you choose to fight the charge, he'll find any way possible to make the most serious felony of it that he can imagine, and you are guilty no matter what evidence (or lack of it) is presented in your defense. This man has NEVER, not even once, determined that a defendant was 'not guilty.' Most of his 'trials' have no minutes available to review.

Been this way for almost 15 years. I'd rather not mention the name, because I've already been locked up for Opposing Obama... I like being a thorn in their side, but push too much and you're just another missing person.

Where is this... North Korea??? :what:

Is recall applicable to Judges?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

KS_to_CA wrote:
ixtow wrote:
Armed wrote:

Been this way for almost 15 years. I'd rather not mention the name, because I've already been locked up for Opposing Obama... I like being a thorn in their side, but push too much and you're just another missing person.

Where is this... North Korea??? :what:

Is recall applicable to Judges?
It is the methamphetamine capital of the world. The cops aren't 'unable' to stop it....

There is not one single official 'channel' or person here who is not on the take. Every last one of them is involved, either directly, or by just keeping their mouth shut so their families can live and they get their pensions. I venture a guess it isn't the only place like that in this country.

'Everybody knows it.' But the majority of the locals are 'happy to see zero tolerance because of the drug problem.' Leaving out the part that there are virtually no prosecutions for drugs taking place...

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Il_Duce wrote:
Here we go again. Nothing in the Constitution AUTHORIZES "czars" or for that matter czarinas or czardines. Although I do find the notion of a pack of Neo-Bolsheviks running around demanding "czars" a bit amusing; if bizarre.
Everything not forbidden is allowed. Welcome to law.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
Il_Duce wrote:

AMENDMENT 10: "The powers NOT DELEGATED TO THE UNITED STATES BY THE CONSTITUTION; Nor prohibited by it to the States; are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

In other words, the Feds (thats Ubama & Co) can only do what is specifically PERMITTED. It is for the States or the individual People that "everything not forbidden is allowed".

Welcome to the Supreme Law of the Land.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Il_Duce wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
Il_Duce wrote:

AMENDMENT 10: "The powers NOT DELEGATED TO THE UNITED STATES BY THE CONSTITUTION; Nor prohibited by it to the States; are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

In other words, the Feds (thats Ubama & Co) can only do what is specifically PERMITTED. It is for the States or the individual People that "everything not forbidden is allowed".

Welcome to the Supreme Law of the Land.
Constitution, Bill of Rights; that old thing? We don't use that anymore! Silly Wabbit...

smoking357

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
Well, sorry to hear about your incident.

I find it hard to believe that Judge X has "NEVER, not even once, determined that a defendant was 'not guilty.'"

Are you sure about that? Never?
Dude, let it go. He's talking about Florida. You don't know how bad it is here.

They just sent a guy to jail for two years for freedom of speech.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20...ison-for-Rap-Song-Threatening-Police-Officers

Florida is shedding residents for good reason.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Here is an example of a serious miscarriage of justice.

Saying you hope someone gets shot and saying you want to shoot someone are two very different meanings. I read this mans post when the news first broke... someone posted a copy of what he wrote on another blog.... and at no time did he say he was going to shoot the Obama, nor did he say he wanted to shoot Obama. Granted, the man was ranting, but at no time did he even imply a direct threat. So I have no idea how they were able to convict him. I sure hope the ACLU is on this like white on rice as it is a clear case of a 100% violation of this man's 1st Amendment freedom of speech. While hoping for someone's death may be in poor taste, it isn't illegal, nor should it ever be illegal.

If this conviction stands, this is a very sad day for Liberty in our quickly deteriorating Republic.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:

Saying you hope someone gets shot and saying you want to shoot someone are two very different meanings. I read this mans post when the news first broke... someone posted a copy of what he wrote on another blog.... and at no time did he say he was going to shoot the Obama, nor did he say he wanted to shoot Obama. Granted, the man was ranting, but at no time did he even imply a direct threat. So I have no idea how they were able to convict him. I sure hope the ACLU is on this like white on rice as it is a clear case of a 100% violation of this man's 1st Amendment freedom of speech. While hoping for someone's death may be in poor taste, it isn't illegal, nor should it ever be illegal.

If this conviction stands, this is a very sad day for Liberty in our quickly deteriorating Republic.
Hell, I hope Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Kenedy, Schumer, and Feinstein all get shot. No, blown up. No, a homemade cruise missile through their bedroom windows. No, poisoned. No, mortars. No, Grenades. Aw, I can't make up my mind, I just hope they all die a violent and ugly death.

I don't drink, not a drop. No drugs either. But if that happens, Keg Party in the Street! I might even fire up a joint, except, I have no idea where to get one....

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ixtow wrote:

Hell, I hope Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Kenedy, Schumer, and Feinstein all get shot. No, blown up. No, a homemade cruise missile through their bedroom windows. No, poisoned. No, mortars. No, Grenades. Aw, I can't make up my mind, I just hope they all die a violent and ugly death.

I don't drink, not a drop. No drugs either. But if that happens, Keg Party in the Street! I might even fire up a joint, except, I have no idea where to get one....

Threatening online to shoot someone....saying online that someone should be shot...or wishing/hoping onlinethat someone should be shot....

Ahhh, especially coming from gun guys.....that kind of stuff ....is the stuff of bubbas.

People who say that kind of shiz (with a Z) online are simply not to be taken seriously...

I'm sure they are burping, farting and drooling when they do it.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:
ixtow wrote:

Threatening online to shoot someone....saying online that someone should be shot...or wishing/hoping onlinethat someone should be shot....

Ahhh, especially coming from gun guys.....that kind of stuff ....is the stuff of bubbas.

People who say that kind of shiz (with a Z) online are simply not to be taken seriously...

I'm sure they are burping, farting and drooling when they do it.
I'm scratching my balls just for you, Hank.

and just for the record, I'm, not wishing or hoping it online, that occurs in my heart and mind. And, I get warm fuzzy feelings all over whenever I do!

I have lots of guns, and even more ammo, what of it?

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow.

Those mentioned above, could possibly create such a scene of glee and rapture that I should not be in public upon receipt of such news, when they come to pass. I am perpetually glad to see evil removed from the world, and always hope for it.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ixtow wrote:

and just for the record, I'm, not wishing or hoping it online, that occurs in my heart and mind. And, I get warm fuzzy feelings all over whenever I do!

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow.

Those mentioned above, could possibly create such a scene of glee and rapture that I should not be in public upon receipt of such news, when they come to pass. I am perpetually glad to see evil removed from the world, and always hope for it.

"So it’s not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Guy nailed it.

Have a, um, good time, ix.

BTW, are you sure it's just itching?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:
ixtow wrote:

"So it’s not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Guy nailed it.

Have a, um, good time, ix.

BTW, are you sure it's just itching?
Scratching is an action, an itch is what prompts it.

That was (so far) Obama's ultimate "Dr. Phil" moment. He speaks only of his own attitude in that sentence, replacing keywords for projection deflection.

See, I can do it too: Good ol' 1 dimensional Hank, at it again...

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. But at this point, I'm speaking under so many layers of entendre, it could mean just about anything to you...

You absolutely need the threat of my door being kicked in to maintain yourself.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Okay, Ix. Lemme get this straight. You said online that you hope someone shoots the President and you are dismayed at the attention given you by the SS?? For what? So JOE BIDEN CAN BE PRESIDENT? Or, maybe him too so we can have NANCY PELOSI for prez? Her too? Oboy, PRESIDENT HILLARY CLINTON. The possibilities just get worse and worse the further down the line of succession we go.

At least with Obama we have someone who has quickly established that, whatever the folks who put him over the top were voting for, he is not and never was it. He managed to fool them enough to get their votes. He is finding out quickly that Americans will NOT just follow like sheep. Democrat apologists for Obamacare have in the last couple days been jeered off the stage at these phony "town hall" meetings. Despite our misgivings the American people are not complete idiots (despit decades of effort to render them so). Asassinating a politician so the nation will return to conservative values is like shooting out all the streetlights to make the sun go down.

I am glad the SS is protecting this poltroon and I hope the continue to do a good job. Because if they fail, he will be a martyr to the socialist scum and it will likely breathe new life into the statist movement. He and the DemonRatz are sinking into the very quicksand they have attempted to lure the American people into. No need for force of arms. They will drown themsilves quite handily.

Now take your meds and cool it, Ixtow. For real.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Okay, Ix. Lemme get this straight. You said online that you hope someone shoots the President and you are dismayed at the attention given you by the SS?? For what? So JOE BIDEN CAN BE PRESIDENT? Or, maybe him too so we can have NANCY PELOSI for prez? Her too? Oboy, PRESIDENT HILLARY CLINTON. The possibilities just get worse and worse the further down the line of succession we go.

At least with Obama we have someone who has quickly established that, whatever the folks who put him over the top were voting for, he is not and never was it. He managed to fool them enough to get their votes. He is finding out quickly that Americans will NOT just follow like sheep. Democrat apologists for Obamacare have in the last couple days been jeered off the stage at these phony "town hall" meetings. Despite our misgivings the American people are not complete idiots (despit decades of effort to render them so). Asassinating a politician so the nation will return to conservative values is like shooting out all the streetlights to make the sun go down.

I am glad the SS is protecting this poltroon and I hope the continue to do a good job. Because if they fail, he will be a martyr to the socialist scum and it will likely breathe new life into the statist movement. He and the DemonRatz are sinking into the very quicksand they have attempted to lure the American people into. No need for force of arms. They will drown themsilves quite handily.

Now take your meds and cool it, Ixtow. For real.
This is an entire parade of straw men.

Did you not read? I want them ALL to die. I want revolution. I want secession. I want the Phoenix to be reborn in the ashes of it's decapitated tyrants. I believe (note the qualifying term) that there is now no other way. Whichever we vote, we get Statism. So let it come, so my children may know peace. Stop dragging it out as you grasp at your delusive phantom of hope (and change). I want their dire predictions of 'blood in the streets' to come true; with their own blood! Water the tree, blah blah blah.

This 'civilization' has become unlivable outside of self-delusion. You (and that means you) cannot earn a buck without riveting the chains around the necks of your fellow sufferers. No one can. It has invaded every tiny detail of life. It isn't Free Trade, it's State induced Piracy; and every penny goes back to them. We destroy each other while they sit back and enjoy the show. It is self-perpetuating at this point, which I perceive to be the event horizon; it mush descend tot he darkest depths before anything can be rebuilt. It cannot be saved but at the price of your Childrens' enslavement. Unacceptable!

Until you recognize my perspective, one other than your own, it is only natural that you continue to mis-perceive (is that a word?) my commentary. I guess refusing all perspective but your own is an easy way to 'not get it.'

kthnksbai.

Dave Workman

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Great.  Well, try this on for size.  I WILL SAY WHATEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE.  i DO NOT LIKE THIS PRESIDENT AND THINK HE GOT INTO THE WHITE HOUSE BY FRAUD AND LIES.   I WILL OPPOSE HIM UNTIL HE IS FORCED OUT, AND I HOPE WE CAN IMPEACH HIS COMMUNIST ASS. 

Now arrest me.  I f*&king DARE YOU. 

What you said falls within fair comment.
You didn't suggest anybody be shot. You didn't threaten to shoot anybody.

Vast difference.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
Great. Well, try this on for size. I WILL SAY WHATEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE. i DO NOT LIKE THIS PRESIDENT AND THINK HE GOT INTO THE WHITE HOUSE BY FRAUD AND LIES. I WILL OPPOSE HIM UNTIL HE IS FORCED OUT, AND I HOPE WE CAN IMPEACH HIS COMMUNIST ASS.

Now arrest me. I f*&king DARE YOU.

What you said falls within fair comment.
You didn't suggest anybody be shot. You didn't threaten to shoot anybody.

Vast difference.

Do you think that saying "I hope so-and-so gets shot" should be a crime? What constitutes a crime when talking about people getting shot? What constitutes a crime when expressing a desire to see someone shot?

Honestly, I thought it was only a crime if you actually threatened to shoot someone without a good reason, and by a good reason, I mean they're actually in your face threatening you or someone very close in proximity to you with grave bodily harm.

I'm just curious as this latest case really scares me and makes me lose hope for the future of this country. I mean, if we cannot express the desire to see someone shot (not threaten, but just say that seeing it happen would bring pleasure to us), no matter how sick the idea is to someone else... it isn't a threat.

Bull Frog

imported post

It also says there shall be no cars, and if you do not wax mine, the paint will get dull. Threaten a sitting president, and you will be found stupid, and the Secret Service will be on your doorstep stupid, el pronto ....

Bull Frog

imported post

and that's a scarey thought, considering big insurance, drug companies, oil and energy, and of course, the save the planet group .... yeah, that's what big money (government) is deparately trying to defeat ....

Save the planet? No, they just want to save their bank accounts.