• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

iPhone CCW Application

steinm10

imported post

For all you iPhone users, I will be releasing a CCW/CPL/CHL application into the iTunes store in the next couple weeks. The functionality will include reciprocity states, government offices contact information, permit cost and information, FAQ's and much more. The first release will only include Michigan, Florida, Texas, Arizona, California and Ohio.

Do you think this is something you iPhone users would be interested in purchasing? I'm trying to get a feel for the success of this application.

steinm10

imported post

Good point dougwg! I'm very optimistic the value this will bring to CCW/CPL holders will be invaluable. Nothing like that type of information right at your fingertips!

maahes

imported post

As I dont have an Iphone (WM6.5 here) its useless to me.
But just having things like permit cost seems kinda a one shot deal. Having things like firearm laws per state including constitution, phone numbers or contact info for state law enforcement firearm divisions, and AG opinions would make it more than a one time use app.

Edit: I see your changes. any port to WM6.5? lol

steinm10

imported post

maahes - No plan on WM 6.5, at least at this point. If this goes well with the iPhone, my next target was going to be Blackberry users. We'll see where the iPhone application takes me. All platforms would be great, since I already have the content/design of the application layed out. Just need to find some developers!

I have provided state laws, phone numbers to AG offices and State/Highway police. Not a bad idea about the AG opinions.

steinm10

imported post

malignity - The possibilities are endless...that might be down the road as well. Although I'm not sure the audience for the G2 would be that great. They didn't sell quite as many G2's and they did iPhones or Blackberry's.

If you have an iPod Touch, you could also use my app. It doesn't require a network connection.

malignity

imported post

The G2's aren't out yet! :D (You're probably referring to the G1 :) )

6 more days baby! Hopefully it'll be on par with the iphone; the G1 kinda failed due to one of the major G1 application companies going out of business right after the phone was released.

malignity

imported post

It looks pretty good. Can't wait to get it, as my RAZR is on it's last legs, and is almost 3 years old. Not having a land line, this should be a considerably upgrade for me.

It's called the MyTouch now, they decided before release to rename it to that, but it's the same thing.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

If this is going to become acell phonebashing session, I'm removing my account to this site. I'm not going to be a part of any sort of this crap. Just a forewarning. I'm for all cell phone companies, Apple, LG, etc. However, I'm not going to play a part in any sort ofcell phonebashing.

This site is about OPEN CARRY, not cell phone!

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Guys, you can get a "iPod touch" that does everything the iPhone does without a phone for a few hundred. Think of it as a pocket computer that works off wi-fi. I have had one for a few years and it was the best business purchase I have ever made.

if you go forward with this app, how about adding open-carry states, which states require permitting and which states l;et you exercise that right without asking for permission. restricted area's and all other relevant things. I have the constitution on my iPod touch, it even includes notes and discussions.

steinm10

imported post

I'll be working hard to get all the states in their. The first release will only have the following states:

Michigan, Ohio, Florida, Texas, Arizona and California

The remaining will be added on a weekly basis (maybe Colorado will be first on that list!)

Once all the states are in, I will be adding some additional functionality/information for all too download! I'm looking forward to this release and I'm hoping to reach a large population of CCW/CPL holders in the US (of course with iPhones/iPod Touch)!

FogRider

imported post

I understand that there's only going to be a limited number of states to begin with, I've just got my stick out and in your cage. Incidentally, how much were you thinking about charging? If the price is right, I may just get it immediately just to test out the functionality.