• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

iPhone CCW Application

malignity

imported post

Per month? Or a 1 time deal?

I hate 'per month' apps.. By the time you pay for 4 or 5 of them, you've practically got an extra utility bill each month.

steinm10

imported post

No...this is a one time deal with updates included.

I will have some additional functionality that I will charge probably $.99 for, but v1.0 will be a one time fee.

steinm10

imported post

Yes, all the information is "offline". No Internet connection is required.

Some of the additional functionality will require an Internet connection.

malignity

imported post

I'm definitely waiting for this application for the mytouch! I just got it about a week ago, and it's amazing. The OS used is Google Android, so as long as it is compatible with Android, anyone using Android will be able to use your application. (G1's, mytouch, G2 when it comes out; I actually found out that this is a different phone than the mytouch, and is scheduled to be released Q1-Q2 2010)

If you release it for Android, LET ME KNOW! :D

KBCraig

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Guys, you can get a "iPod touch" that does everything the iPhone does without a phone for a few hundred. Think of it as a pocket computer that works off wi-fi. I have had one for a few years and it was the best business purchase I have ever made.
A few years? It was released less than two years ago!

FogRider

imported post

Looks good dude. Add Colorado and I'll be happy.

The only suggestion I have is to add (either in the gov offices or possibly a new section) would be a list of police offices, at least at the state and county level. I know a visit to them is required in many states as part of the permit process, so it would be handy to be able to find them with the app.

steinm10

imported post

Thank you for the feedback. That is a great idea. I'll put it on my future release list.

CO will be in the next release! Hopefully in the next few weeks. If you have some time, please write a review for the application.

I greatly appreciate your support.

FogRider

imported post

If it will help save you some time, I could get a list of the CO police offices to you. I'm sure you could find some other folks on the forum to do the same for other states.

steinm10

imported post

I'm wondering if there is a national database of information of police stations by state/county? That would be a rather tedious process of adding the police stations by hand. Any body know of anything like this?