• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New York City Police Department harrasing owner of legal antique revolitionary era rifle.

Legba

imported post

Let's hope they see reason and decline to prefer formal charges.

-ljp

Tomahawk

imported post

The NYPD learned about Littlejohn's $825 rifle when he left a receipt inside a Staples copy center, prompting a call to the cops.

Wait a minute, somebody saw a piece of paper and called the cops? Wow, New York is worse than I thought.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I am now paralyzed on my left side because of the stroke reading this story caused me.

TFred

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
The NYPD learned about Littlejohn's $825 rifle when he left a receipt inside a Staples copy center, prompting a call to the cops.
Wait a minute, somebody saw a piece of paper and called the cops? Wow, New York is worse than I thought.
Some poor moron saw a piece of paper with the word "gun" on it, and probably thought they were saving NYC from the "next 9/11".

I'll leave it to you what the operative word in that sentence is...

TFred

milkmanjoe

suntzu

imported post

what idiocy....

never underestimate the level of stupidity a politician suffers from...

and it sounds like the Fascist Bloomberg suffers from a great deal of it.

TFred

imported post

milkmanjoe wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
How about this....now they will have "ammo" against vintage guns...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/07/26/2009-07-26_nypd_officer_shot_while_confronting_gunman_in_queens.html
And from the article:

"They grabbed him, they tussled with him. They took the weapon out of his waistband. It fell to the ground, and a round went off, striking Officer Lewis."
So the cops wrestled the gun away from the man, dropped it on the ground and it went off and hit someone. Nice work.

TFred

milkmanjoe

imported post

New York's Finest at work...........

Finding a vintage replica, by mistake, then trying to prove it illegal........then wrestling an old pistol away and getting shot with it when it falls.........I am, for the first time in years, speechless

I have to believe Police are good, don't cut me up for it, but I hope I never have need for these particular individuals

Alexcabbie

imported post

Well, the OP deleted all his posts so I have to go by the gist of all the other posts. SO. Once I heard about a little boy who got into some big trouble in Kindergarten. It started when the Teacher asked the kiddies to write a story about how they were going to spend "Spring Break" (formerly Easter vacation).

Well, one little boy got kinda confused and raised his hand. The teacher said "Yes, James?" and the boy asked, "How do you spell 'gun'?"

Just a bit perplexed, the teacher replied: "G-U-N, James."

A few seconds later, the boy raised his hand again. "How do you spell 'DIE'?"

The teacher blanched. She was visibly shaken, but tried not to show it as she fished for her cell phone while she told the boy: "D-I-E, James".

While James was doing his writing the teacher was busy whispering the situation to the 911 operator. Before too long a SWAT team kicked in the door and ordered everybody to put their hands where they could be seen. Then the Sergeant asked the teacher where the boy was, and she pointed to James. The Sergeant walked slowly to the boy and said: "Why did you ask your teacher how to spell "gun" and "die"?"

James responded: ""Cause we're Gun Die Easter Eggs!!"

WE ARE SURROUNDED BY IDIOTS.

milkmanjoe

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Well, the OP deleted all his posts so I have to go by the gist of all the other posts. SO. Once I heard about a little boy who got into some big trouble in Kindergarten. It started when the Teacher asked the kiddies to write a story about how they were going to spend "Spring Break" (formerly Easter vacation).

Well, one little boy got kinda confused and raised his hand. The teacher said "Yes, James?" and the boy asked, "How do you spell 'gun'?"

Just a bit perplexed, the teacher replied: "G-U-N, James."

A few seconds later, the boy raised his hand again. "How do you spell 'DIE'?"

The teacher blanched. She was visibly shaken, but tried not to show it as she fished for her cell phone while she told the boy: "D-I-E, James".

While James was doing his writing the teacher was busy whispering the situation to the 911 operator. Before too long a SWAT team kicked in the door and ordered everybody to put their hands where they could be seen. Then the Sergeant asked the teacher where the boy was, and she pointed to James. The Sergeant walked slowly to the boy and said: "Why did you ask your teacher how to spell "gun" and "die"?"

James responded: ""Cause we're Gun Die Easter Eggs!!"

WE ARE SURROUNDED BY IDIOTS.
Aye...Thank You...