• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw someone OC in Sparks today (Wed 7/29)

jfrey123

imported post

So I wondered if it was one of the guys on the board. I was in Sparks at the Terrible's gas station on Greg and McCarren, came out of the bathroom and saw a fella with an XD (maybe?) and educating the lady behind the counter.

I was the guy that gave you a thumbs up for OC when I walked out the door.

The only think I'd say is you were wrong on the empty chamber requirement. There is no requirement to carry your pistol with an empty chamber, like you told the lady. Otherwise, Carry On!

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"Empty chamber" is a from a Utah law. In Utah, without a concealed license, anyone OCing must have the chamber clear (two actions to fire). The slide could be retracted so both actions could be performed with one hand, but the chamber must be clear. Very probably someone from Utah or confused between their law and Nevada's. By the way, that law may no longer be in effect (they recently made a number of pro-gun law changes). Check with the folks on the Utah forum to be sure.