Thread: I was snooping

McX

Post imported post

Post imported post

Yep, it is so true. I don't like looking at other states, cuzz it hurts.

Most can carry in a car. Some can OC and CC, and no 1000 foot school zones... I guess we just have a lot of work to do. We are working on it though.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

But still those with broader and less parochial experience are damned as elites and elite wannabes.

Please, read every substantive thread on every forum.

McX

Post imported post

Post imported post

I don't ever remember volunteering to be taxed to OC. I already have the "permit", it's called the Constitution.

Post imported post

I have yet to volunteer for any tax.

Banned

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    they were all posting of getting their permits to Open Carry in the mail, and complaining that it took some 45 days to get.
    No thanks, I can Open carry without a Permit and I would like to keep it that way.

McX

Post imported post

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Saw in the paper and on the news, store employee murdered in Kenosha, 2 killers still at large. Looks like it's going to be an Open Carry day here all day!
    Yup, and the 2 scumbagsallegedly fled to the Green Bay/Aushwebenon area, on late Monday or early Tuesday.

I like to read the forums in other states, especially Michigan. Those guys have got organized events happening every week and it impresses me how far they have come.
    But at the same time, they are required to get a "permit to purchase" from local law enforcement before they can go buy any firearm. If our legislators tried that here, I think we would see some sort of revolution take place and protest all over the state.
    But once they get their "CPL" (concealed pistol license) any and all waiting periods and NICS background checks are avoided.

Every (almost) other state has what I call a "PAY TO PLAY" system, they get some more privileges, but are also required to jump through expensive government hoops to do so. Maybe we'll get a concealed carry provision, all I ask is that it just gives us another option on method of carry and open up more legal opportunities to be legally armed, (such is in a vehicle, and near the criminals that do their business in school zones)

Banned

Post imported post

As an elected member of a taxing body I would be interested in knowing just what tax might be levied in association with drywall and shop equipment.

An 'assessment' sounds like something that you contracted for in exchange for your location, who ever is the landlord.

Please, for my peculiar interests, provide a citation to the law re drywall and shop equipment taxes.

As to your quarterly taxes, don't feel like the lone stranger. I/we live off our annuities and investments and are required to pay estimated quarterly income taxes - and have them refunded every year after the State skims the investment interest.

McX

Post imported post

McX

Post imported post

McX

Post imported post

McX

Post imported post

Banned

Post imported post

You need to learn about your assessment process from sources independent from the taxing authority, like the black letter law and from your assessor.

'My' assessor is very open about his protocol and to all comers.

I sit as the certified trained member of our Board of Review and what you tell does not follow my understanding.

If you want then I'll provide URLs of State taxing authorities.

McX

Post imported post

McX

Post imported post

Now here's something that relates directly to OC:

Lady came to the shop gate this a.m. Asked if she could park in our lot for an hour while she tended to buisness across the street. I was obviously OC, didn't seem to phase her in the least. I was polite, and accomodating, another non-incident to report.

Getting a little notice from the civil authorities; they at least glance over as they drive by- they never used to, they don't slow down, nor give me any evil looks. Probably just curious. Another non-incident of a good nature to report!

Banned

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    In this year alone I've been hit with 3 new taxes as a buisness owner! All put upon me in the most deceptive ways: A man came to the shop, and said he was with the city, and wanted to see my drywall in the front office. He whips out a tape measure, takes some numbers down, and announces to me he's from the assessment dept. and I will be being taxed on the value of my drywall?! Then another one comes, and says he wants me to fill out a "survey"> Being a good citizen, I comply, only to find out he's there to tax me on the value of my equipment in the shop.
    Wouldn't this be some type of ethics violation?

McX

Post imported post

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

McX

I have uploaded it again, this is the one I am handing out all over the state. It addresses the RIGHT not the gun. Para and Pointman did most of the work, I simply paid to get it professionally printed.

McX

Post imported post

Paged through the Florida site here; Looks pretty grim down there, NO OC, but just about anyone can get a CC, even non-residents, and most of the other CC states will honor it. Seems like it's a taxation machine; $150 plus for a CC non-resident. Plus the dance through the hoops. Good for 5 yrs. I'll probably sign up to get the jump on if things change here in Wisconsin. Gotta do the weapons training class first before anything else though. Still snooping.................................

McX

Post imported post

Walked around the Florida site on here; They all seem to want to leave the state. Went into the Utah site; They seem to have it made:Get to OC all over the place, public and Police don't even bat an eye! I am SO jealous!

McX

Post imported post

Went into the New Mexico site today too. Not alot of good news there. Alot of narrow minded public officials. Alot of hostility.