• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving from CA

Window_Seat

imported post

Vancouver (Clark County) where I just applied for my CPL.:cool:

This was the very first time I applied, and then I went for my Oregon.

My move in is within the next 1.5 months.

While I'm still a bit uneasy about LOC/UOC because of overzealous "authorities" with agendas, etc. I'm looking forward to maybe getting involved in future gatherings in this area.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to not feeling like I'm on restriction for no reason.

Erik.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Erik,

I think you will find Washington's gun laws a refreshing change from California and except for isolated incidents most LEO's are knowledgable about our right to carry openly.

Matter-of-fact, I was involved in a traffic incident, last week were I allowed the state trooper to disarm me, ( I was transported to hospital in ambulance ) he asked if I have a CPL which was somewhere in the wreckage of the vehicle. And I stated so, he then said "It's ok you are open carrying ", and gave me instructions on how and where to pick up my firearm. He and the other troopers there get an A+ in my book at that incident at least.

joeroket

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Erik,

I think you will find Washington's gun laws a refreshing change from California and except for isolated incidents most LEO's are knowledgable about our right to carry openly.

Matter-of-fact, I was involved in a traffic incident, last week were I allowed the state trooper to disarm me, ( I was transported to hospital in ambulance ) he asked if I have a CPL which was somewhere in the wreckage of the vehicle. And I stated so, he then said "It's ok you are open carrying ", and gave me instructions on how and where to pick up my firearm. He and the other troopers there get an A+ in my book at that incident at least.

That is extremely typical of troopers. If they in act in a manner that in anyway puts a dark cloud over the patrol the trooper that did it will get an ass chewing. There is a reason they are viewed as one of the most professional law enforcement agencies in the US. The brass of the patrol take great pride in that and they will stop at nothing to ensure a trooper does not tarnish it.

partyncwby

imported post

Last week my buddy was broke down along the side of I-90 east of Moses Lake. We were winching his rig on a trailer when the trooper pulled up. I was OCing and he didn't even bat an eye or even make a commit. Non-issue, the way it should be. A+