Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Guns Allowed signs showing up

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Applebee's already has their no guns allowed sign up. Of course, it's illegally placed on the front door. I didn't check to see if they had thelegal sign next to their liquor license. Has anyone else seen new signs popping up?

Post imported post

Every state goes through that process.

Educate and boycott, and always let the manager (and higher) know that you're sorry, because you like the food, but you won't be back until the sign comes down.

After an initial flurry of posting, you'll see the signs start quietly disappearing, and in a couple of years it will be unusual to see one at all.

Post imported post

What I like to call 'boycotting on steroids' can be the best tool of all. Every time you eat somewhere else, make a copy of the receipt and give it to the Applebees' manager. Keep a running tally over a period of months. Best thing of all is to have open carry group get togethers atgun-friendly placesand letApplebees see a whole stack of receipts at the same time.

Post imported post

Notso wrote:
    Applebee's already has their no guns allowed sign up. Of course, it's illegally placed on the front door. I didn't check to see if they had thelegal sign next to their liquor license. Has anyone else seen new signs popping up?
    There is nothing "Illegal" about placing a no guns sign on the front door. If an establishment chooses to disallow guns on premises I prefer they so advise me prior to my entry.

If I understand the new law correctly an Arizona Residententering with CCW prior to determining an establishments policy would result in an infraction of the law.

Whether you like their policy or not at least give them credit for making it clearly known.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

It's time to start the letter writing and calling folks. Those of us in other states do not see such prohibitions in most national chains such as Applebee's so it may behoove you to bring this point up when asking why Applebee's (and other) operators are choosing to discriminate Arizonans.

Take a peak over in the Tennessee section for discussion of some chains that have announced corporate wide that they will not be posting in response to Tennessee's new change in law. As said these are the teething pains that go along with such changes, but it's best to send a loud and swift notice to those who would tread on the self defense rights of all of you.

Post imported post

TOF wrote:
    Notso wrote:
    Applebee's already has their no guns allowed sign up. Of course, it's illegally placed on the front door. I didn't check to see if they had theĀ*legal sign next to their liquor license. Has anyone else seen new signs popping up?
    There is nothing "Illegal" about placing a no guns sign on the front door. If an establishment chooses to disallow guns on premises I prefer they so advise me prior to my entry.

If I understand the new law correctly an Arizona ResidentĀ*entering with CCW prior to determining an establishments policy would result in an infraction of the law.

Whether you like their policy or not at least give them credit for making it clearly known.
    No, the new law for establishments that serve alcohol is that in order for the no weapons policy to be in force, the sign has to be posted next to the liquor license.

Post imported post

Yes Dahwg, there must be a sign next to the liquor license but that does not preclude an additional sign being placed at the entry. As indicated above, I prefer they post both places if they choose to disallow.

Don't read that to mean I am against CCW in Restaurants because I am not.

Post imported post

TOF wrote:
    If I understand the new law correctly an Arizona Residententering with CCW prior to determining an establishments policy would result in an infraction of the law.
    From the new law:
    F.This section does not prohibit a person who possesses a handgun from entering the licensed premises for a limited time for the specific purpose of either:
    1.Seeking emergency aid.
    2.Determining whether a sign has been posted pursuant to subsection A of this section.
    http://arizonagunowners.com - The best AZ gun board around!

Post imported post

TOF wrote:
    Yes Dahwg, there must be a sign next to the liquor license but that does not preclude an additional sign being placed at the entry. As indicated above, I prefer they post both places if they choose to disallow.

Don't read that to mean I am against CCW in Restaurants because I am not.
    Guess it would have helped if I had actually READ your whole post instead of just scanning it huh? My bad.

Post imported post

Not to worry partner, I have done much worse on occasion.

Enjoy

Post imported post

Soam I to assumeall Applebees' locations are "No Gun" or only a select few?

Post imported post

Applebee's has horrible food anyway.....

Post imported post

Mahan0331 wrote:
    Soam I to assumeall Applebees' locations are "No Gun" or only a select few?

Assumptions don't always work. A call to Applebees Corporate Office might yield the correct answer.

I have not been one of their customers so am not overly concerned with their policy.

Post imported post

TOF wrote
    Not quite, you are allowed to enter the establishment to determine if firearms are permitted.

F.This section does not prohibit a person who possesses a handgun from entering the licensed premises for a limited time for the specific purpose of either:
    1.Seeking emergency aid.
    2.Determining whether a sign has been posted pursuant to subsection A of this section.

Post imported post

No Gun allowed isn't that Spanish for Concealed Carry?????????

Post imported post

If we find out that the Applebees corporate people decided to discriminate on Arizona gun owners specifically, there needs to be a nation wide effort to write, call, and email them, informing them that we'll be avoiding all of their establishments unless the policy is reversed.

Costco deserves the same thing, because they only post no guns signs in states with regular open carrying.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

lostone1413 wrote:
    Copy that! Do whatever the hell I want!
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

lostone1413 wrote:
    Dang Brother! you reading my mind. Kinda how we did it back in Joliet.

Post imported post

dreamcro wrote:
    lostone1413 wrote:
    Dang Brother! you reading my mind. Kinda how we did it back in Joliet.
    LOL YOur so so right!! But remember being from Illinois is like being from Ca. I get that sick feeling when I see an Illinois plate like I do when I see a Ca plate lol Take care Brother

Post imported post

Those signs don't seem to last very long in Arizona. Basha's used to have them up, but doesn't anymore. I'm guessing a lot of people get riled up and complain. Having a sign like that on an establishment in Arizona is kind of like having a sign up on an establishment in Harlem that says "No *******."

Post imported post

me812 wrote:
    Those signs don't seem to last very long in Arizona. Basha's used to have them up, but doesn't anymore. I'm guessing a lot of people get riled up and complain. Having a sign like that on an establishment in Arizona is kind of like having a sign up on an establishment in Harlem that says "No *******."
    Bingo, gun hate is the new racism. And lookie there. Using the same old tricks the Confederate Slave Owners used to promote their agenda. they turned on their own constituency when it became too unpopular to fight with propaganda anymore, and pretended to be advocates of Civil Rights. But all they really did was pick a new group of people to hate and insult.

But more on topic, I love the idea of mailing a photocopy of every good or service you buy from a competitor to the offending businesses with '****** hater' signs.

When they add up all the money they're not making, I think they'll notice that baseless lies about 'safety' and just plain ignorant prejudice just isn't a good thing to advertise...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Post imported post

I'm in agreement on the boycott thing, but to be honest, I'm not all that concerned. I carry concealed most everywhere with "wanton abandon". I don't care about their signs. I consider myself somewhat religious, and as I believe that God would have us prepared to defend ourselves. I consider their request for me to disarm in their establishment, to be improper... even immoral. I do not feel obligated to respect such requests. I realize I could just go elsewhere, but if that's where my family wants to eat, then that's where I'll take them. And on a side note, if actually caught (which if carrying concealed properly, is very unlikely), the worst they can do, is ask me to leave. So long as I comply (which I happily would... and never return), then all is good.

Post imported post

DMGNUT wrote:
    I'm in agreement on the boycott thing, but to be honest, I'm not all that concerned. I carry concealed most everywhere with "wanton abandon". I don't care about their signs. I consider myself somewhat religious, and as I believe that God would have us prepared to defend ourselves. I consider their request for me to disarm in their establishment, to be improper... even immoral. I do not feel obligated to respect such requests. I realize I could just go elsewhere, but if that's where my family wants to eat, then that's where I'll take them. And on a side note, if actually caught (which if carrying concealed properly, is very unlikely), the worst they can do, is ask me to leave. So long as I comply (which I happily would... and never return), then all is good.
    I'm not sure how you can expect people to respect your 2A right if you do not respect their right to private property.

Post imported post

Kildars wrote:
    DMGNUT wrote:
    I'm not sure how you can expect people to respect your 2A right if you do not respect their right to private property.
    I think that is the whole point. They don't respect his 2A, so he doesn't respect them.

I can relate and agree. People who don't think I have no right to live don't get any respect from me either. Anti-carry is just like saying "I hope you die, but be sure to give me your money first."

Post imported post

Most of the places that have these signs up are not even owned by "people," they're owned by corporations. Last time I looked in the Constitution, corporations do not have any rights, despite what the Supreme Court says.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast