Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 139

Thread: No Guns Allowed signs showing up

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Laveen, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    432

    Post imported post

    Applebee's already has their no guns allowed sign up. Of course, it's illegally placed on the front door. I didn't check to see if they had thelegal sign next to their liquor license. Has anyone else seen new signs popping up?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,509

    Post imported post

    Every state goes through that process.

    Educate and boycott, and always let the manager (and higher) know that you're sorry, because you like the food, but you won't be back until the sign comes down.

    After an initial flurry of posting, you'll see the signs start quietly disappearing, and in a couple of years it will be unusual to see one at all.


  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cincy area, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    890

    Post imported post

    What I like to call 'boycotting on steroids' can be the best tool of all. Every time you eat somewhere else, make a copy of the receipt and give it to the Applebees' manager. Keep a running tally over a period of months. Best thing of all is to have open carry group get togethers atgun-friendly placesand letApplebees see a whole stack of receipts at the same time.

  4. #4
    Regular Member TOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Happy Jack, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    443

    Post imported post

    Notso wrote:
    Applebee's already has their no guns allowed sign up. Of course, it's illegally placed on the front door. I didn't check to see if they had thelegal sign next to their liquor license. Has anyone else seen new signs popping up?
    There is nothing "Illegal" about placing a no guns sign on the front door. If an establishment chooses to disallow guns on premises I prefer they so advise me prior to my entry.

    If I understand the new law correctly an Arizona Residententering with CCW prior to determining an establishments policy would result in an infraction of the law.

    Whether you like their policy or not at least give them credit for making it clearly known.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,201

    Post imported post

    It's time to start the letter writing and calling folks. Those of us in other states do not see such prohibitions in most national chains such as Applebee's so it may behoove you to bring this point up when asking why Applebee's (and other) operators are choosing to discriminate Arizonans.

    Take a peak over in the Tennessee section for discussion of some chains that have announced corporate wide that they will not be posting in response to Tennessee's new change in law. As said these are the teething pains that go along with such changes, but it's best to send a loud and swift notice to those who would tread on the self defense rights of all of you.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    661

    Post imported post

    TOF wrote:
    Notso wrote:
    Applebee's already has their no guns allowed sign up. Of course, it's illegally placed on the front door. I didn't check to see if they had theĀ*legal sign next to their liquor license. Has anyone else seen new signs popping up?
    There is nothing "Illegal" about placing a no guns sign on the front door. If an establishment chooses to disallow guns on premises I prefer they so advise me prior to my entry.

    If I understand the new law correctly an Arizona ResidentĀ*entering with CCW prior to determining an establishments policy would result in an infraction of the law.

    Whether you like their policy or not at least give them credit for making it clearly known.
    No, the new law for establishments that serve alcohol is that in order for the no weapons policy to be in force, the sign has to be posted next to the liquor license.

  7. #7
    Regular Member TOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Happy Jack, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    443

    Post imported post

    Yes Dahwg, there must be a sign next to the liquor license but that does not preclude an additional sign being placed at the entry. As indicated above, I prefer they post both places if they choose to disallow.

    Don't read that to mean I am against CCW in Restaurants because I am not.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    210

    Post imported post

    TOF wrote:
    If I understand the new law correctly an Arizona Residententering with CCW prior to determining an establishments policy would result in an infraction of the law.
    From the new law:
    F.This section does not prohibit a person who possesses a handgun from entering the licensed premises for a limited time for the specific purpose of either:
    1.Seeking emergency aid.
    2.Determining whether a sign has been posted pursuant to subsection A of this section.
    http://arizonagunowners.com - The best AZ gun board around!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    661

    Post imported post

    TOF wrote:
    Yes Dahwg, there must be a sign next to the liquor license but that does not preclude an additional sign being placed at the entry. As indicated above, I prefer they post both places if they choose to disallow.

    Don't read that to mean I am against CCW in Restaurants because I am not.
    Guess it would have helped if I had actually READ your whole post instead of just scanning it huh? My bad.

  10. #10
    Regular Member TOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Happy Jack, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    443

    Post imported post

    Not to worry partner, I have done much worse on occasion.

    Enjoy
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Peoria / Prescott, AZ, ,
    Posts
    54

    Post imported post

    Soam I to assumeall Applebees' locations are "No Gun" or only a select few?





  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    131

    Post imported post

    Applebee's has horrible food anyway.....

  13. #13
    Regular Member TOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Happy Jack, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    443

    Post imported post

    Mahan0331 wrote:
    Soam I to assumeall Applebees' locations are "No Gun" or only a select few?



    Assumptions don't always work. A call to Applebees Corporate Office might yield the correct answer.

    I have not been one of their customers so am not overly concerned with their policy.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    TOF wrote
    If I understand the new law correctly an Arizona Residententering with CCW prior to determining an establishments policy would result in an infraction of the law.
    Not quite, you are allowed to enter the establishment to determine if firearms are permitted.

    F.This section does not prohibit a person who possesses a handgun from entering the licensed premises for a limited time for the specific purpose of either:
    1.Seeking emergency aid.
    2.Determining whether a sign has been posted pursuant to subsection A of this section.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    199

    Post imported post

    No Gun allowed isn't that Spanish for Concealed Carry?????????

  16. #16
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830

    Post imported post

    If we find out that the Applebees corporate people decided to discriminate on Arizona gun owners specifically, there needs to be a nation wide effort to write, call, and email them, informing them that we'll be avoiding all of their establishments unless the policy is reversed.

    Costco deserves the same thing, because they only post no guns signs in states with regular open carrying.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    lostone1413 wrote:
    No Gun allowed isn't that Spanish for Concealed Carry?????????
    Copy that! Do whatever the hell I want!
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Maricopa, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    204

    Post imported post

    lostone1413 wrote:
    No Gun allowed isn't that Spanish for Concealed Carry?????????
    Dang Brother! you reading my mind. Kinda how we did it back in Joliet.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    199

    Post imported post

    dreamcro wrote:
    lostone1413 wrote:
    No Gun allowed isn't that Spanish for Concealed Carry?????????
    Dang Brother! you reading my mind. Kinda how we did it back in Joliet.
    LOL YOur so so right!! But remember being from Illinois is like being from Ca. I get that sick feeling when I see an Illinois plate like I do when I see a Ca plate lol Take care Brother

  20. #20
    Regular Member me812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    federally occupied Arizona
    Posts
    216

    Post imported post

    Those signs don't seem to last very long in Arizona. Basha's used to have them up, but doesn't anymore. I'm guessing a lot of people get riled up and complain. Having a sign like that on an establishment in Arizona is kind of like having a sign up on an establishment in Harlem that says "No *******."

  21. #21
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    me812 wrote:
    Those signs don't seem to last very long in Arizona. Basha's used to have them up, but doesn't anymore. I'm guessing a lot of people get riled up and complain. Having a sign like that on an establishment in Arizona is kind of like having a sign up on an establishment in Harlem that says "No *******."
    Bingo, gun hate is the new racism. And lookie there. Using the same old tricks the Confederate Slave Owners used to promote their agenda. they turned on their own constituency when it became too unpopular to fight with propaganda anymore, and pretended to be advocates of Civil Rights. But all they really did was pick a new group of people to hate and insult.

    But more on topic, I love the idea of mailing a photocopy of every good or service you buy from a competitor to the offending businesses with '****** hater' signs.

    When they add up all the money they're not making, I think they'll notice that baseless lies about 'safety' and just plain ignorant prejudice just isn't a good thing to advertise...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ, ,
    Posts
    48

    Post imported post

    I'm in agreement on the boycott thing, but to be honest, I'm not all that concerned. I carry concealed most everywhere with "wanton abandon". I don't care about their signs. I consider myself somewhat religious, and as I believe that God would have us prepared to defend ourselves. I consider their request for me to disarm in their establishment, to be improper... even immoral. I do not feel obligated to respect such requests. I realize I could just go elsewhere, but if that's where my family wants to eat, then that's where I'll take them. And on a side note, if actually caught (which if carrying concealed properly, is very unlikely), the worst they can do, is ask me to leave. So long as I comply (which I happily would... and never return), then all is good.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chandler, AZ/Federal Way, WA, ,
    Posts
    536

    Post imported post

    DMGNUT wrote:
    I'm in agreement on the boycott thing, but to be honest, I'm not all that concerned. I carry concealed most everywhere with "wanton abandon". I don't care about their signs. I consider myself somewhat religious, and as I believe that God would have us prepared to defend ourselves. I consider their request for me to disarm in their establishment, to be improper... even immoral. I do not feel obligated to respect such requests. I realize I could just go elsewhere, but if that's where my family wants to eat, then that's where I'll take them. And on a side note, if actually caught (which if carrying concealed properly, is very unlikely), the worst they can do, is ask me to leave. So long as I comply (which I happily would... and never return), then all is good.
    I'm not sure how you can expect people to respect your 2A right if you do not respect their right to private property.



  24. #24
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    Kildars wrote:
    DMGNUT wrote:
    I'm in agreement on the boycott thing, but to be honest, I'm not all that concerned. I carry concealed most everywhere with "wanton abandon". I don't care about their signs. I consider myself somewhat religious, and as I believe that God would have us prepared to defend ourselves. I consider their request for me to disarm in their establishment, to be improper... even immoral. I do not feel obligated to respect such requests. I realize I could just go elsewhere, but if that's where my family wants to eat, then that's where I'll take them. And on a side note, if actually caught (which if carrying concealed properly, is very unlikely), the worst they can do, is ask me to leave. So long as I comply (which I happily would... and never return), then all is good.
    I'm not sure how you can expect people to respect your 2A right if you do not respect their right to private property.
    I think that is the whole point. They don't respect his 2A, so he doesn't respect them.

    I can relate and agree. People who don't think I have no right to live don't get any respect from me either. Anti-carry is just like saying "I hope you die, but be sure to give me your money first."
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  25. #25
    Regular Member me812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    federally occupied Arizona
    Posts
    216

    Post imported post

    I'm not sure how you can expect people to respect your 2A right if you do not respect their right to private property.

    Most of the places that have these signs up are not even owned by "people," they're owned by corporations. Last time I looked in the Constitution, corporations do not have any rights, despite what the Supreme Court says.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •