• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Guns Allowed signs showing up

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Applebee's already has their no guns allowed sign up. Of course, it's illegally placed on the front door. I didn't check to see if they had thelegal sign next to their liquor license. Has anyone else seen new signs popping up?

KBCraig

imported post

Every state goes through that process.

Educate and boycott, and always let the manager (and higher) know that you're sorry, because you like the food, but you won't be back until the sign comes down.

After an initial flurry of posting, you'll see the signs start quietly disappearing, and in a couple of years it will be unusual to see one at all.

Brian D.

imported post

What I like to call 'boycotting on steroids' can be the best tool of all. Every time you eat somewhere else, make a copy of the receipt and give it to the Applebees' manager. Keep a running tally over a period of months. Best thing of all is to have open carry group get togethers atgun-friendly placesand letApplebees see a whole stack of receipts at the same time.

TOF

imported post

Notso wrote:
Applebee's already has their no guns allowed sign up. Of course, it's illegally placed on the front door. I didn't check to see if they had thelegal sign next to their liquor license. Has anyone else seen new signs popping up?

There is nothing "Illegal" about placing a no guns sign on the front door. If an establishment chooses to disallow guns on premises I prefer they so advise me prior to my entry.

If I understand the new law correctly an Arizona Residententering with CCW prior to determining an establishments policy would result in an infraction of the law.

Whether you like their policy or not at least give them credit for making it clearly known.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It's time to start the letter writing and calling folks. Those of us in other states do not see such prohibitions in most national chains such as Applebee's so it may behoove you to bring this point up when asking why Applebee's (and other) operators are choosing to discriminate Arizonans.

Take a peak over in the Tennessee section for discussion of some chains that have announced corporate wide that they will not be posting in response to Tennessee's new change in law. As said these are the teething pains that go along with such changes, but it's best to send a loud and swift notice to those who would tread on the self defense rights of all of you.

Dahwg

imported post

TOF wrote:
Notso wrote:
Applebee's already has their no guns allowed sign up. Of course, it's illegally placed on the front door. I didn't check to see if they had the legal sign next to their liquor license. Has anyone else seen new signs popping up?

There is nothing "Illegal" about placing a no guns sign on the front door. If an establishment chooses to disallow guns on premises I prefer they so advise me prior to my entry.

If I understand the new law correctly an Arizona Resident entering with CCW prior to determining an establishments policy would result in an infraction of the law.

Whether you like their policy or not at least give them credit for making it clearly known.

No, the new law for establishments that serve alcohol is that in order for the no weapons policy to be in force, the sign has to be posted next to the liquor license.

TOF

imported post

Yes Dahwg, there must be a sign next to the liquor license but that does not preclude an additional sign being placed at the entry. As indicated above, I prefer they post both places if they choose to disallow.

Don't read that to mean I am against CCW in Restaurants because I am not.

JesseL

imported post

TOF wrote:

If I understand the new law correctly an Arizona Residententering with CCW prior to determining an establishments policy would result in an infraction of the law.

From the new law:
F.This section does not prohibit a person who possesses a handgun from entering the licensed premises for a limited time for the specific purpose of either:
1.Seeking emergency aid.
2.Determining whether a sign has been posted pursuant to subsection A of this section.

Dahwg

imported post

TOF wrote:
Yes Dahwg, there must be a sign next to the liquor license but that does not preclude an additional sign being placed at the entry. As indicated above, I prefer they post both places if they choose to disallow.

Don't read that to mean I am against CCW in Restaurants because I am not.

Guess it would have helped if I had actually READ your whole post instead of just scanning it huh? My bad. :monkey

TOF

imported post

Mahan0331 wrote:
Soam I to assumeall Applebees' locations are "No Gun" or only a select few?

Assumptions don't always work. A call to Applebees Corporate Office might yield the correct answer.

I have not been one of their customers so am not overly concerned with their policy.

Chez

imported post

TOF wrote

Not quite, you are allowed to enter the establishment to determine if firearms are permitted.

F.This section does not prohibit a person who possesses a handgun from entering the licensed premises for a limited time for the specific purpose of either:
1.Seeking emergency aid.
2.Determining whether a sign has been posted pursuant to subsection A of this section.

Michigander

imported post

If we find out that the Applebees corporate people decided to discriminate on Arizona gun owners specifically, there needs to be a nation wide effort to write, call, and email them, informing them that we'll be avoiding all of their establishments unless the policy is reversed.

Costco deserves the same thing, because they only post no guns signs in states with regular open carrying.

lostone1413

imported post

dreamcro wrote:
lostone1413 wrote:
No Gun allowed isn't that Spanish for Concealed Carry?????????

Dang Brother! you reading my mind. Kinda how we did it back in Joliet.
LOL YOur so so right!! But remember being from Illinois is like being from Ca. I get that sick feeling when I see an Illinois plate like I do when I see a Ca plate lol Take care Brother

me812

imported post

Those signs don't seem to last very long in Arizona. Basha's used to have them up, but doesn't anymore. I'm guessing a lot of people get riled up and complain. Having a sign like that on an establishment in Arizona is kind of like having a sign up on an establishment in Harlem that says "No Niggers."