• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Guns Allowed signs showing up

ogroup

imported post

I'm sorry to say that I thought AZ was more of an open state with it GUN laws, but it is not......For any business that post signs "NO GUNS" is stupid. I just move here from PA and we do not have this BS. Only for the common areas like courthouses, schools, etc. A weapon that is CC are no problem what so ever in bars and you can even drink if you wanted which I am not for. GUN & Beer don't mix at all.

So please boycott the businesses that post NO GUNS and hopeful when they sales goes down so the signs

IndianaBoy79

imported post

me812 wrote:

Are you suggesting that I don't have constitutional rights to control my share of something I own?

Yes, that is exactly what I'm suggesting, if you claim limited liability and separate legal personality. If you want to maintain your rights, then you can be a big boy and accept all the responsibilities that go along with those rights. That means full civil and criminal liability.
I agree, as I said, some of the laws need changing in how we deal with corporations. But how much responsibility do you mean by "fully". Lets say I own 1/1000th of McDonald's. When the courts decide that McDonald's is at fault for some lady spilling coffee on herself, am I personally liable to "make her whole"? Or am I personally liable to contribute 1/1000th of whatever solution is decided on to make her whole?

When individuals do something criminal, or a corporation does, people can and do get arrested. Usually those that made the decision that was illegal. The only problem I see is that it doesn't happen enough.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

ogroup wrote:
I'm sorry to say that I thought AZ was more of an open state with it GUN laws, but it is not......For any business that post signs "NO GUNS" is stupid. I just move here from PA and we do not have this BS. Only for the common areas like courthouses, schools, etc. A weapon that is CC are no problem what so ever in bars and you can even drink if you wanted which I am not for. GUN & Beer don't mix at all.

So please boycott the businesses that post NO GUNS and hopeful when they sales goes down so the signs

I think I'd rather put up with the 'No Weapons' signs than street harrassment by LEO's for the hellovit as in PA. Also there's no LTCF... you just 'do it'. 'Lotta this 'No Weapon / No Guns' stuff is a direct product of Kommiefornia transplants 'n the usual University libtard influence. It's a private property issue.... That's their right 'n my option is not topatronize 'em.

People been CC'd drinkin' here since before CC was 'legalized' in '94. 'Used to be you could just hand your gunbelt to the barkeep 'n get it back when ya left. I have no problem with OC in bars. It's done in VA w/o incident. People tend to project the worst.

TOF

imported post

ogroup wrote:

I presume you know the way back to utopia. Don't let us and our silly statutes or opinions upset you. Simply go home please.

me812

imported post

I presume you know the way back to utopia. Don't let us and our silly statutes or opinions upset you. Simply go home please.

itgvf0.jpg

ogroup

imported post

Not a chance I am here to stay and will help to change things. Stupid sign

Sonora Rebel

imported post

me812 wrote:

itgvf0.jpg

You can 'go home' too.

Kildars

imported post

DMGNUT wrote:
Kildars wrote:
Like I said before, feel free to carry concealed just don't bitch when your rights are being violated...
DMGNUT said: PS. I’ve also never “bitched” about anyone stepping on my rights… only that they are beingslowly eroded away by my government.

In your last post you said my above statementhas nothing to do with anything, and you were absolutely right...I only brought it up, because it wassomething yousaid to me in one of your previous posts... And now I'm gona have to bow out of the discussion. As I said, we'll have to agree to disagree... But, I am gona take your advice from the statement youmade (which I quoted above)... and continue to carry concealed.
You are free to do that, however, I don't want to hear your complaints about politicians not following the constitution when you refuse to yourself.

Government encroachment != private encroachment.

Kildars

imported post

Pistol-Packing-Preacher-in-PV wrote:
OK. I admit I got a little lost in your post, what with all of the excess quotes and whatnot. That's what I get for reading posts that late at night.

So, then the "right to life" is not endowed by the Creator, then. It is only derived from a concept of property? I'm going to have to re-read some things, I can see.

Of course, the main argument still hinges on the notion of sovereign property rights, which no longer exist in our world (this includes the property right to your own body, which can be taken away by the government rather easily.)
No problem. I believe the right to life is endowed by the creator, so is the right to property. They are both significantly important rights. However, the reason why property trumps is because property is the reason why most of the rights exist. You can not speak freely on private property, you can not protest on private property, you can not travel freely on private property. Property rights control all other rights because without property you have no authority or decision power.

You have a right to life because you own the rights to your body. Whether government respects those rights is a different thing and you should be voting according to how you feel. There are a lot of things government do that we should revolt against but not enough people feel the way I do. You should be pretty much able to do whatever you want with your property as long as it does not interfere or undercut someone elses right to their property.

In texas you can still own property in allodial title. I'm not sure if there are other states that allow that. However when you own something in allodial title, you own it 100%.

You can also get a manufacturers statement of origin for your car, meaning you own it. The reason you have to get tabs/registration is because you don't really own the car 100%. The state has a part in it. So they charge you rent so to speak. Technically, if you have the MSO you would not need to register/pay tabs because you have a right to free travel. People have allowed government to get this big, they have allowed government to encroach on their rights. Just because the government encroaches on it, does not mean it does not exist. This is why revolutions happen, and it will happen again. Hope I'm around when it does.

Sorry for the long rant.

DMGNUT

imported post

Kildars wrote:
People have allowed government to get this big, they have allowed government to encroach on their rights. Just because the government encroaches on it, does not mean it does not exist. This is why revolutions happen, and it will happen again. Hope I'm around when it does.

I know I stepped out of the discussion, but just wanted to say I agree completely with your above statement Kildars. The part that speaks to me, is the part about government encroachment. It's why Ineither care about, nor show respect for, corporate property rights. I know, I know... you guys already covered how corporate and individual property rights are the same... so please don't go over it again. These corporate entities are simply an invention of the government, which has been encroaching on, and showing less and less respect for my rights since long before I was even born. If the main argument against me, is that "they" don't need to respect my rights, since I refuse to respect theirs... well, they had a heck of a head start on me, in not showing respect for people's rights. And for what it's worth, if the revolution of which you speak, ever came to pass, I'd be showing much less respect, than I am with my current, and very cavalier, "Icare not, for your corporate rules" attitude.

Kildars

imported post

DMGNUT wrote:
Kildars wrote:
People have allowed government to get this big, they have allowed government to encroach on their rights. Just because the government encroaches on it, does not mean it does not exist. This is why revolutions happen, and it will happen again. Hope I'm around when it does.

I know I stepped out of the discussion, but just wanted to say I agree completely with your above statement Kildars. The part that speaks to me, is the part about government encroachment. It's why Ineither care about, nor show respect for, corporate property rights. I know, I know... you guys already covered how corporate and individual property rights are the same... so please don't go over it again. These corporate entities are simply an invention of the government, which has been encroaching on, and showing less and less respect for my rights since long before I was even born. If the main argument against me, is that "they" don't need to respect my rights, since I refuse to respect theirs... well, they had a heck of a head start on me, in not showing respect for people's rights. And for what it's worth, if the revolution of which you speak, ever came to pass, I'd be showing much less respect, than I am with my current, and very cavalier, "Icare not, for your corporate rules" attitude.
I'm just wondering how a corporation is an invention of the government? The corporation is just a business that grew into multiple businesses. It really has nothing to do with government.

imported post

Kildars wrote:

In texas you can still own property in allodial title. I'm not sure if there are other states that allow that. However when you own something in allodial title, you own it 100%.
Just FYI.

Limited allodial title

Two states, Nevada and Texas, have created limited allodial title provisions in order to protect property owners from the burden of highly increased property taxes which often occur when unincorporated land becomes part of a town or city.

There is no full allodial title anywhere in this country (contrary to what the allodial fantasy folks want to believe).

Dahwg

imported post

Getting back OT here....

Chipotle Grille at Foothills mall here in Tucson is now posted No Weapons on the front door. Didn't see their liquor license when I went in, but I will be writing a letter to their corporate office informing them that as much as I like their food, I will be choosing a different restaurant to patronize.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Shall we all agree to not tell these places that post at the front door and not next to the liquor license as required by law, that the signs have no legal teeth unless they are properly posted?

RJ

Banned
imported post

Notso wrote:
Shall we all agree to not tell these places that post at the front door and not next to the liquor license as required by law, that the signs have no legal teeth unless they are properly posted?

I read a thread on this particular establishment on another site, and it is their corporate policy to not allow guns or weapons of any sort on their premises.
The thread had a response from the the Arizona manager, stating such.
Goodluck with you inquiry, perhaps they have had time to rethink their policy, but I think not.

We are in a battle that requires pushing a square block uphill.
RJ

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

RJ wrote:
Notso wrote:

I read a thread on this particular establishment on another site, and it is their corporate policy to not allow guns or weapons of any sort on their premises.
The thread had a response from the the Arizona manager, stating such.
Goodluck with you inquiry, perhaps they have had time to rethink their policy, but I think not.

We are in a battle that requires pushing a square block uphill.
RJ
If it's their policy to not allow guns, that's fine with me. They just need to post according to the law(placing the 'No Guns Allowed' sign next to their liquor license), otherwise, I'll carry.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If Chipotle Mexican Grill's corporate policy is to forbid the carrying of firearms on their premises, they sure don't give anyone trouble here in Virginia for carrying. I have never even noticed the first sign, let alone being asked to leave. I'd do some calling of my own if I were you regarding the Chipotle's down there. Work your way up to the top if you must.

LuvmyXD9

imported post

jmelvin wrote:
If Chipotle Mexican Grill's corporate policy is to forbid the carrying of firearms on their premises, they sure don't give anyone trouble here in Virginia for carrying. I have never even noticed the first sign, let alone being asked to leave. I'd do some calling of my own if I were you regarding the Chipotle's down there. Work your way up to the top if you must.
Chipotle has been illegal to carry in up until recently......they serve alcohol.

Edit: Nvm you're in VA, still was illegal until recently here in AZ.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Any place that serves alcohol in AZ is off lmits to firearms 'n has been... near forever.

The Cc thing kincks in in Octobdr... but still no drinkin' either. (good luck with that) I don't see a problem with it. If it was gonna happen... it'd happened in VA already.

Kildars

imported post

Pistol-Packing-Preacher-in-PV wrote:
Kildars wrote:

Just FYI.

Limited allodial title

Two states, Nevada and Texas, have created limited allodial title provisions in order to protect property owners from the burden of highly increased property taxes which often occur when unincorporated land becomes part of a town or city.

There is no full allodial title anywhere in this country (contrary to what the allodial fantasy folks want to believe).
Out of my whole post, that's all you put?

It's not very limited. It just means it is still subject to eminent domain. You can still own the property free and clear and not have to pay property taxes on the property.