• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in restaurant

darthmord

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
I think the "carry" refers to the mode of holding the gun so it doesn't matter if you "carry" the gun in, then conceal it, they are talking about how the gun is or not displayed/visible.

And "onto" the premises refers to in/on the premises so good luck convincing a jury.
:cry:

I would have to disagree. We can only follow what the law says. We can only guess as to what the intention is.We all know how good guessing at the laws is. In other words, we can only follow the rules as written, not the rules as intended.

I figure that based on his supposition, that if the GA wanted to ban CC while on premises, they would have written the law to do so. Instead they merely forbade us from going onto the premises while CC. They did NOT forbid transitioning from OC to CC while on premises.

I can only go by what the law states in plain english.

TexasNative

imported post

darthmord wrote:
It's not just *IF* they serve alcohol. It's if they have a license for consumption of alcohol on premises. Re-read that code cite from GWRedDragon. Serving alcohol wasn't a requirement. Having a license to do so is.
A distinction without a difference. With the amount of revenue generated by alcohol sales, it's hard to imagine a restaurant licensed to sell alcohol that wouldn't do so.

~ Boyd

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

TexasNative wrote:
darthmord wrote:
It's not just *IF* they serve alcohol. It's if they have a license for consumption of alcohol on premises. Re-read that code cite from GWRedDragon. Serving alcohol wasn't a requirement. Having a license to do so is.
A distinction without a difference. With the amount of revenue generated by alcohol sales, it's hard to imagine a restaurant licensed to sell alcohol that wouldn't do so.

~ Boyd
Actually I have seen restaurants that have had the bar undergoing renovation and thus not serving alcohol despite having a license to do so.

nova

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
Xeni wrote:
When carrying 2 pistols (1 CC in an ankle holster) I hike up my pants to 'openly carry' the BUG. Yes, it looks funny but I'm in compliance with the law.

Thank goodness you don't use a smart carry!
"VA law requires me to 'whip this out'" :what::uhoh:

45acpForMe

imported post

nova wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
Xeni wrote:
When carrying 2 pistols (1 CC in an ankle holster) I hike up my pants to 'openly carry' the BUG. Yes, it looks funny but I'm in compliance with the law.

Thank goodness you don't use a smart carry!
"VA law requires me to 'whip this out'" :what::uhoh:
Woman faints after screaming, "Its big and its black!!!". Or Blazing Saddles "Its twoo Its twoo!"

hunter45

imported post

Since this thread is about OC'ing in restaurants I'll post this here...
I'm going to be DD'ing for my friends at Applebees on Monday. Since I'm going to be sitting at the bar I'm sure that would probably make the management uneasy if I was carrying. What do you think about OC'ing while sitting at a bar (I would not be drinking obviously)?

45acpForMe

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
I'm going to be DD'ing for my friends at Applebees on Monday.
I assume DD is designated driver, not disco dancing. :celebrate My thoughts are, have you ever OC-ed at this applebees? Since it is not a "nightclub" and there aren't bouncers at the door as long as you have OC-ed there for dinner I don't think sitting at the bar matters. I have sat at bars waiting for tables before.

I don't know applebee's policy so they could ask you to leave if they have an anti-gun policy. Others can chime in on their experience at Applebees in general.

hunter45

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
I assume DD is designated driver, not disco dancing. :celebrate  My thoughts are, have you ever OC-ed at this applebees?  Since it is not a "nightclub" and there aren't bouncers at the door as long as you have OC-ed there for dinner I don't think sitting at the bar matters.   I have sat at bars waiting for tables before.

I don't know applebee's policy so they could ask you to leave if they have an anti-gun policy.  Others can chime in on their experience at Applebees in general.

My sister is actually a hostess there (this is the Applebees in Chantilly, where I will be going), but she has no idea what their policy is. I'm sure it would be fine for me to OC there, I'm just not sure how they'd feel about me sitting at the bar while OC'ing.

A little side note - the other day my sister told me that one of her co-workers asked if I was her brother, to which she said yes. The kid then said that he knew me and that I was the dumbest kid on earth and he would never talk me (I've never actually spoken with this guy face to face). Apparently this kid is obsessed with closing the gun show "loophole." He had invited me to a Facebook group related to that a while ago, and of course that went over like a lead balloon with me, so I got into an argument with him (over Facebook). He then harassed me on FB for the next several days, and it got so bad that I had to block him. So we'll have to see if I get to meet him there. :D

45acpForMe

imported post

[align=left]I found this post which says you should be OK unless they changed:[/align]

[align=left]I had a nice sit-down face-to-face conversation for about 45 minutes with the regional director for ALL Applebee's in the NW (and MOST of the rest of the west coast). It is his official policy (which has been handed down) that lawfully carried sidearms are OK either CC or OC.

He even contacted the main corporate headquarters to find out if THEY had any policy. The response was akin to "We have no official policy....go by state laws."
[/align]​
[align=left]As to the dweeb and his anti-gun antics, if he is confrontational I would ask to talk to the manager and report him. If it does cause a big scene I would leave rather than hurt the OC cause. Theoretically if there is a big scene it could be reported back up to corporate which then could revisit their "policy". :-(
[/align]

CRF250rider1000

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
45acpForMe wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
I assume DD is designated driver, not disco dancing. :celebrate My thoughts are, have you ever OC-ed at this applebees? Since it is not a "nightclub" and there aren't bouncers at the door as long as you have OC-ed there for dinner I don't think sitting at the bar matters. I have sat at bars waiting for tables before.

I don't know applebee's policy so they could ask you to leave if they have an anti-gun policy. Others can chime in on their experience at Applebees in general.

My sister is actually a hostess there (this is the Applebees in Chantilly, where I will be going), but she has no idea what their policy is. I'm sure it would be fine for me to OC there, I'm just not sure how they'd feel about me sitting at the bar while OC'ing.

A little side note - the other day my sister told me that one of her co-workers asked if I was her brother, to which she said yes. The kid then said that he knew me and that I was the dumbest kid on earth and he would never talk me (I've never actually spoken with this guy face to face). Apparently this kid is obsessed with closing the gun show "loophole." He had invited me to a Facebook group related to that a while ago, and of course that went over like a lead balloon with me, so I got into an argument with him (over Facebook). He then harassed me on FB for the next several days, and it got so bad that I had to block him. So we'll have to see if I get to meet him there. :D
Lets just plan an OC dinner when he's working;)

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
45acpForMe wrote:
hunter45 wrote:

As Ed confirmed at the last OC lunch yesterday, during the summer months I have no life so name the time and place and I'll be there. :lol:

hunter45

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:

That's what I was thinking. I'll have to find out when he works :) I go back to Harrisonburg this week though. I may not even be able to get there tomorrow, we may be going golfing instead.