• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone with experience with Open Carry in Blacksburg?

vt357

imported post

I used to OC there when I was a student at VT. I never had any issues at Macado's, Kroger, the ABC store, or anywhere else. Never had any problems in Christiansburg either. There are some older threads you can search for about people carrying both in Blacksburg and on the campus.

mpg9999

imported post

vt357 wrote:
I used to OC there when I was a student at VT. I never had any issues at Macado's, Kroger, the ABC store, or anywhere else. Never had any problems in Christiansburg either. There are some older threads you can search for about people carrying both in Blacksburg and on the campus.
+1, no problems at most places. I was asked to leave PK's though, and I think the Rivermill is on VCDL's gun owners unfriendly list.

lawsome

imported post

Rivermill? Yeah, I work there. The guy who owns it is a Texan and has a collection of his own guns at home.

I will have to talk to him about OCing in our bar and see what he thinks.

nova

imported post

I've OC'd a few times around the area.

RoisinDubh

imported post

I've OCed pretty much all over Blacksburg with no problems including Kroger, McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, BK, Macado's, ABC store (both Blacksburg store and Christiansburg store), up and down mainstreet; the Walmart, Target, and Barnes and Noble in Christiansburg; through Foxridge, Terrace View, and other apartment complexes etc etc. I've never had any problems at any of the places, however I did have one guy freak out very briefly when I got my food from Alpha Pizzaria, and I had a brief conversation about it with another patron in the El Rodeo mexican restaurant. My roommate has also OCed many places in the area with no problems. We could meet up sometime once the fall semester starts for a blacksburg mini-OC dinner

RoisinDubh

imported post

I've had them notice the gun maybe once, but they've never mentioned. However, I know of one guy that had the police called on him at the Fazoli's in Christiansburg and he said the cop was very polite and just talked to him very briefly and then left him alone. I've heard plenty of other good stories of encounters with the Blacksburg police though.

mpg9999

imported post

lawsome wrote:
Any experience with the Blacksburg police?
I OC'd to Steppin out (or whatever their downtown street festival is called). The police had to have noticed there, but nothing was said.