• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Meetup - Southfield, MI

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hi all, A friend, NRA certified instructor named Rick Ector is going to be OCing for the first time this weekend. He's been reading up on the law, and is finally going to be trying it for the first time.

I had told him I wanted to go with him, being his first time, but unfortunately, I have prior obligations.

He's decided on the place:

WHERE: Biggby Coffee - 26185 Evergreen, Southfield, MI (Google Maps Link)
WHEN: Saturday, August 1, 10AM-12PM
WHAT: Bring $5 for your own beverage, some OC info if you have it. Bring your OC holster with a handgun inside. Make him feel comfortable!
WHO: Anyone, all ages.

Graydon

Activist Member
imported post

dougwg wrote:
I think I can make it.

If I do I'll be talking to him about this...
Do Students Shoot In This Class?
Yes. State law requires that each student shoots at least 30 rounds of ammunition
:banghead:

Doug,

That is better than my CPL course where the instructor told us to "go find some friends with hand guns and shoot them." Of course he meant to shoot their guns so we could see how other guns worked and felt but it came across as instruction to shoot our friends. My wife & I both simultaneously cracked up. Nobody else got it.

:what:

Y'all have fun at Biggbys. Wish I could make it but my Sat is already very full.