• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Counties that ban firearms from entire building

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

If we can get people to find out if their county courthouses bans firearms from the entirebuilding as opposed to just the court rooms.

All it takes is a call. Let me know either way, we want to find out which county courts are pro or anti gun.

Post the info on this thread. Thanks.

maahes

imported post

Jackson does as well, the guards stopped me at the entrance going through the metal detector and said I had to take my gun back to the car it wasn't allowed in the building even though I was going to the clerk not a court room.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Washtenaw county bans in their entire building as well. armed guards with metal detectors at the door.

Washtenaw County has a separate courts administrative building for handling things like CPLs. No metal detectors or security to worry about in that one.

mikestilly

imported post

Macomb County Circuit Court. Metal detectors at the entrance. Ban's everything.

40 North Main (1st Floor)
Mount Clemens, MI 48043
Phone Numbers:
Circuit Court: 586-469-5351

LaVere

imported post

Genesee county Court house metal detectors and sheriff dept search

Genesee County Office building signs and they use to have a sheriff person at a table no search, just intimidation.

Veritas

imported post

OC bans everything in their buildings... including cell phones with camera's built in. You have to empty your pockets, the items are searched, and then you must pass through a metal detector. I had an OC Sheriff's deputy deny me access to the building becuase my cell phone has a camera.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Veritas wrote:
OC bans everything in their buildings... including cell phones with camera's built in.  You have to empty your pockets, the items are searched, and then you must pass through a metal detector.  I had an OC Sheriff's deputy deny me access to the building becuase my cell phone has a camera.

Kalamazoo and Washtenaw county do not allow camera use either.

I keep my iPhone in a special case that doesn't show the camera lens whenever I need to get past the gestapo

malignity

imported post

Macomb county courthouse does too. I have a basic tiny swiss army knife attached to my keychain, and put it through the medal detector, completely forgetting it was there. They went BALLISTIC on me. I thought I was going to get thrown out. It seriously has like a half inch blade. :quirky

Funny thing is, I was there to pick up my CPL.