Thread: South Jordan has corrected signs on Jordan Parkway

State Researcher

Post imported post

Not sure exactly when it happened, and it has been over a year since I contacted South Jordan about their signage on the Jordan Parkway illegally banning "firearms" in violation of State Preemption, but on my most recent visit to the Parkway the signs have been corrected.

A small sticker with the same high reflectivity as the signs themselves has been placed on each sign covering the word "firearms" in the sentence that says, basically, "The following are prohibited: motorized vehicles, archery, golf...." Where firearms used to appear in that list, is now a small blank space created by the sticker.

So one more small victory to chalk up and that can be referred to when discussing similar issues with other cities.

I doubt I'm the only one who raised this to their attention, so my thanks to any and all others who also requested this change.

I should note that I've not visited the sections of the Jordan Parkway in other cities and so can't offer any intel on whether they suffer from similar, illegal gun bans as was previously advertised on the South Jordan section.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Post imported post

The Murray section had firearms listed as prohibited last year. I wrote a couple of emails about it and kind of forgot. Not sure if any action was taken or not. I will try and check it out this week.

The West Valley City section did not list firearms as prohibited as of last year...

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:
    The Murray section had firearms listed as prohibited last year. I wrote a couple of emails about it and kind of forgot. Not sure if any action was taken or not. I will try and check it out this week.
    I was in contact with Murray and they have removed them as of Early July.

See this thread for more information:

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/vi...=11&t=5044