• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Jordan has corrected signs on Jordan Parkway

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

Not sure exactly when it happened, and it has been over a year since I contacted South Jordan about their signage on the Jordan Parkway illegally banning "firearms" in violation of State Preemption, but on my most recent visit to the Parkway the signs have been corrected.

A small sticker with the same high reflectivity as the signs themselves has been placed on each sign covering the word "firearms" in the sentence that says, basically, "The following are prohibited: motorized vehicles, archery, golf...." Where firearms used to appear in that list, is now a small blank space created by the sticker.

So one more small victory to chalk up and that can be referred to when discussing similar issues with other cities.

I doubt I'm the only one who raised this to their attention, so my thanks to any and all others who also requested this change.

I should note that I've not visited the sections of the Jordan Parkway in other cities and so can't offer any intel on whether they suffer from similar, illegal gun bans as was previously advertised on the South Jordan section.

Charles

ScottyT

imported post

The Murray section had firearms listed as prohibited last year. I wrote a couple of emails about it and kind of forgot. Not sure if any action was taken or not. I will try and check it out this week.

The West Valley City section did not list firearms as prohibited as of last year...

Nuttycomputer

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
The Murray section had firearms listed as prohibited last year. I wrote a couple of emails about it and kind of forgot. Not sure if any action was taken or not. I will try and check it out this week.

I was in contact with Murray and they have removed them as of Early July.

See this thread for more information:

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5044