Thread: Citizen charged after shots fired school nearby

Post imported post

http://www.wset.com/news/stories/0709/644854.html

Lynchburg, VA - In Lynchburg, it was a scary afternoon for neighbors and faculty at Lynchburg's only year-round school, Bass Elementary, after reports of a man with a gun in the area.

Shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon, police were called to a home in the 1900 block of Seabury Avenue. The report at the time was armed robbery.

Within minutes, witnesses reported seeing a black man, 6'2", 220 pounds wearing a white shirt, running down a sidewalk firing three to four shots from a handgun.

Less than two blocks away, in the direction the man was running, sits Marvin Bass Elementary.

This all happened an hour after classes let out, but faculty members were put on lockdown while officers searched the area with dogs.

That search came to an abrupt end around 5:15 p.m.

Police say the man who was firing the shots had just been robbed by three men. The man had just taken a cell phone and some cash from his house.

The robbers are still at large. Gregory Langhorne was arrested and charged with reckless handling of a firearm.

Richmond - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Wonderful... that will become bigger news than the Golden Market incident, just watch.

Post imported post

Citizen charged after shots fired school nearby
    Why, Citizen, you know better than that!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Citizen charged after shots fired school nearby
    Why, Citizen, you know better than that!
    :P
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

You should change your screen name to CitizenTM.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Jim675 wrote:
    Thanks, but no. The wags would just findways to make humor out of it.

I figure as long as they are doing something tame likewritten above, I'm doing pretty good. They're all capable of much worse. Much, much worse.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Jim675 wrote:
    Thanks, but no. The wags would just findways to make humor out of it.

I figure as long as they are doing something tame likewritten above, I'm doing pretty good. They're all capable of much worse. Much, much worse.

Citizen©

For better or worse - Its all a matter of degree. Wise that you should recognize that and prepare yourself for the eventualities.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

He'd probably get sued by the watch maker