• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Citizen charged after shots fired school nearby

kenny

imported post

http://www.wset.com/news/stories/0709/644854.html

Lynchburg, VA - In Lynchburg, it was a scary afternoon for neighbors and faculty at Lynchburg's only year-round school, Bass Elementary, after reports of a man with a gun in the area.

Shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon, police were called to a home in the 1900 block of Seabury Avenue. The report at the time was armed robbery.

Within minutes, witnesses reported seeing a black man, 6'2", 220 pounds wearing a white shirt, running down a sidewalk firing three to four shots from a handgun.

Less than two blocks away, in the direction the man was running, sits Marvin Bass Elementary.

This all happened an hour after classes let out, but faculty members were put on lockdown while officers searched the area with dogs.

That search came to an abrupt end around 5:15 p.m.

Police say the man who was firing the shots had just been robbed by three men. The man had just taken a cell phone and some cash from his house.

The robbers are still at large. Gregory Langhorne was arrested and charged with reckless handling of a firearm.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Jim675 wrote:
You should change your screen name to Citizen[suP]TM[/suP].
Thanks, but no. The wags would just findways to make humor out of it.

I figure as long as they are doing something tame likewritten above, I'm doing pretty good. They're all capable of much worse. Much, much worse.

:D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Jim675 wrote:
You should change your screen name to Citizen[sup]TM[/sup].
Thanks, but no. The wags would just findways to make humor out of it.

I figure as long as they are doing something tame likewritten above, I'm doing pretty good. They're all capable of much worse. Much, much worse.

:D
Citizen ©

For better or worse - Its all a matter of degree. Wise that you should recognize that and prepare yourself for the eventualities. :D

Yata hey