• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

a little nervous!!

ghostrider

imported post

DrTodd wrote:
Michigan Department of Agriculture does have this listed in the administrative rules pertaining to STATE FAIR properties:

R 291.208 Possession of firearms or other dangerous weapons.
Rule 8. It is unlawful for any person, except authorized peace officers and other persons authorized by law, to enter upon a fairgrounds and have in his possession any firearm, loaded or unloaded, or any other dangerous
weapon, concealed or otherwise. A violation of this rule may result in the immediate confiscation of such firearm or other dangerous weapon by the Michigan state police, a state fair guard, or other authorized officer.
That puts an interesting twist on things.

"...except authorized peace officers and other persons authorized by law..."

"Law" doesn't "authorize" OC, but it does authorize CC with a license.

Michigander

imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
That's ok, when I met Michigander at a OC lunch, he hadn't seen a razor in a few days :p
I'm just saying as a general way to look presentable and not get anyone concerned that might otherwise be, having your face look like it's fresh and up kept is probably a good idea. Everyone of course looks different, and everyone knows what it takes to make themselves look good. A better way to say that would be look presentable, try not to be a smelly slob in camo pants with paint stains.

In my case, I rarely actually shave to the point of babies ass smooth, because it's another way to let people know I'm not a cop. But if it makes you look good, it's a something to consider doing.