• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need Relationship Advice

Legba

imported post

ixtow wrote:
Legba wrote:
xd40coyote - It's none of my business, but consider this: someone who would betray one lover/spouse would betray another. I consider such "poaching" unforgivable, because the sting of that betrayal is so very nasty. It's extremely hurtful, and encourages dishonest and disreputable habits. So - I'm not an adulterer, not because of moralistic reasons, but for simply practical (and admittedly somewhat selfish) ones. It's how you live with yourself that counts, ultimately.

Cyril Connolly said "there is nothing to compare to the pain that two lovers can inflict upon one another. The avoidance of this pain is the beginning of wisdom, for it is strong enough to contaminate the rest of our lives." Just so.

-ljp
I would usually agree with you. But I've learned that having morals among those who do not just leaves you holding the bag. So you're a moral pillar of greatness. Big whoop.

I wasn't suggestion seduction and fornication. Sheesh, the conclusions you men jump to. :p

Objectively look at the situation described. Just table the possibility. That's all. I lay $1,000 that says this guy's wife has been cheating on him for a long time already. there is no harm in a great gal coming along and saying "Hey, I'm better than that, what about me?"

Life is too short to be right all the time.
1. I'm pretty sure that I explicitly stated that I wasn't being moralistic, but it's ok if you want to believe that I'm running for pope.

2. I was responding to xd40coyote's expressed interest in this guy, not presuming upon your views about seduction and fornication.

3. Being "right" is better than living with the painful humiliation of having a lying, cheating mate, or of being that person. JMO.

-ljp

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
ixtow wrote:
It's not a woman thing. It's a human thing. Most people are crap. I simply suggest men not be so lax in their choices; women aren't. Step up to their level.

That much is obvious to anyone with a brain, but that is NOT what you're suggesting or implying, as is plain to see for anyone that's read through this thread. You ARE, in fact, a bigot and a sexist, no matter how much you deny it. You DO view women as inferior.

Stop picking up sluts at the local, @#$% hole bar and your opinion on women might change.
And here comes your army of straw men....

Screw you. Just because appealing to the brown blouses is your only outlet, is no reason to fly in the face of logic and reason.

Hate your own gender on your own time.

I've turned down more loose women than you've even seen. I don't 'pick up' women, ever. I go out of my way to avoid them, but still. Sometimes I wish I were gay. I have too much experience with women to have any desire to seek them out anymore.

But your pre-disposed hatred for a man who takes some damn control of the situation is so deeply rooted that you have no choice but to insult me with presumption and lies; how else will you impress the control freak in your life but to submit in advance?

Like I said, Screw You. Defame me with you BS until your face turns blue. You dig your own hole deeper. My position may be obscure and unpopular, but you jump way out of reality with your statements.

Like it or not, an overwhelming majority of women have followed a deceptive path to defeating their own worth. They allowed demagogues among them to prop up some as of yet undiscovered specimen of a horrible man-pig, and then, in the most hilariously dumb move ever, decided to become equal to it!

Why do you want to be equal to something that is so far below you? I ask that question of every woman I meet: "Why do you want to be equal to the lowest scum of the earth, especially when you only imagine this person and he doesn't even exist?"

Blah blah blah, you know nothing but your propaganda programmed responses.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

jadedone4 wrote:
.... seems like the trap has already been tripped... :dude:

I see no tarp.

tarp_light.JPG

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

ixtow wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
ixtow wrote:
It's not a woman thing. It's a human thing. Most people are crap. I simply suggest men not be so lax in their choices; women aren't. Step up to their level.

That much is obvious to anyone with a brain, but that is NOT what you're suggesting or implying, as is plain to see for anyone that's read through this thread. You ARE, in fact, a bigot and a sexist, no matter how much you deny it. You DO view women as inferior.

Stop picking up sluts at the local, @#$% hole bar and your opinion on women might change.
And here comes your army of straw men....

Screw you. Just because appealing to the brown blouses is your only outlet, is no reason to fly in the face of logic and reason.

Hate your own gender on your own time.

I've turned down more loose women than you've even seen. I don't 'pick up' women, ever. I go out of my way to avoid them, but still. Sometimes I wish I were gay. I have too much experience with women to have any desire to seek them out anymore.

But your pre-disposed hatred for a man who takes some damn control of the situation is so deeply rooted that you have no choice but to insult me with presumption and lies; how else will you impress the control freak in your life but to submit in advance?

Like I said, Screw You. Defame me with you BS until your face turns blue. You dig your own hole deeper. My position may be obscure and unpopular, but you jump way out of reality with your statements.

Like it or not, an overwhelming majority of women have followed a deceptive path to defeating their own worth. They allowed demagogues among them to prop up some as of yet undiscovered specimen of a horrible man-pig, and then, in the most hilariously dumb move ever, decided to become equal to it!

Why do you want to be equal to something that is so far below you? I ask that question of every woman I meet: "Why do you want to be equal to the lowest scum of the earth, especially when you only imagine this person and he doesn't even exist?"

Blah blah blah, you know nothing but your propaganda programmed responses.

http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/go/help

Legba

imported post

Yeah, this thread is well and truly derailed. I can't find any way to even obliquely tie this in to the subject of firearms at this point. These things happen. Rampant ADD, possibly.

"Personally, I blame MTV." - Andre Baptiste, Lord of War (finally, an oblique gun reference... too late, I fear)

-ljp

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Legba wrote:
ixtow wrote:
Legba wrote:
xd40coyote - It's none of my business, but consider this: someone who would betray one lover/spouse would betray another. I consider such "poaching" unforgivable, because the sting of that betrayal is so very nasty. It's extremely hurtful, and encourages dishonest and disreputable habits. So - I'm not an adulterer, not because of moralistic reasons, but for simply practical (and admittedly somewhat selfish) ones. It's how you live with yourself that counts, ultimately.

Cyril Connolly said "there is nothing to compare to the pain that two lovers can inflict upon one another. The avoidance of this pain is the beginning of wisdom, for it is strong enough to contaminate the rest of our lives." Just so.

-ljp
I would usually agree with you. But I've learned that having morals among those who do not just leaves you holding the bag. So you're a moral pillar of greatness. Big whoop.

I wasn't suggestion seduction and fornication. Sheesh, the conclusions you men jump to. :p

Objectively look at the situation described. Just table the possibility. That's all. I lay $1,000 that says this guy's wife has been cheating on him for a long time already. there is no harm in a great gal coming along and saying "Hey, I'm better than that, what about me?"

Life is too short to be right all the time.
1. I'm pretty sure that I explicitly stated that I wasn't being moralistic, but it's ok if you want to believe that I'm running for pope.

2. I was responding to xd40coyote's expressed interest in this guy, not presuming upon your views about seduction and fornication.

3. Being "right" is better than living with the painful humiliation of having a lying, cheating mate, or of being that person. JMO.

-ljp
1) You can say you aren't doing a thing, and then go right on and do it....

2) I was being sarcastic for the sake of humor, sheesh.

3) Being right does not remove those problems, it causes them. Sticking around with a lying cheating mate cannot be solved by sticking around with a lying, cheating mate............ And, well, being that person is a definition unto itself and is clearly not being 'right.' but those are the people who reap the rewards while the 'good person' is left holding the bag.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

As usual, the hate-mongering is so intense, there is no way to keep up with the multitude of lies it brings forth.

I don't fit in, and I'm proud of that. Hate away. I'd rather be alone, than in a relationship with the inscrutable. That includes associations with those who support them.

The thread needs to be derailed and locked. The OP asked for advice and 'help' and has rejected every ounce offered from every angle. It serves no purpose.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

wrightme wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
jadedone4 wrote:

I see no tarp.
:p nothing useful as typical....

failure

Obviously you haven't been around the internet long enough. Tarps can easily be identified by their suspetise setup. I saw no tarp there, therefore I don't have a clue wtf he's talking about.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
...I don't have a clue wtf he's talking about.
For the most accurate statement you have ever made in any debate or conversation, anywhere, ever; just stick with that independent clause.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

ixtow wrote:
As usual, the hate-mongering is so intense, there is no way to keep up with the multitude of lies it brings forth.

I don't fit in, and I'm proud of that. Hate away. I'd rather be alone, than in a relationship with the inscrutable. That includes associations with those who support them.

The thread needs to be derailed and locked. The OP asked for advice and 'help' and has rejected every ounce offered from every angle. It serves no purpose.
Congratulations... you win the oc.org batshit crazy award 2009, beating out Alexcabbie, compario, Razor, and sudden valley by a small margin.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
ixtow wrote:

Congratulations... you win the oc.org bat@#$% crazy award 2009, beating out Alexcabbie, compario, Razor, and sudden valley by a small margin.
I'm quite certain that the feeling is mutual, and you, by far, win that contest.

But I could be wrong. I'm not well versed in understanding bat@#$% crazy. I'll have to defer to your expertise in that field. After all, an idiot can appear as a genius to a moron.

As I have recently blogged:

"Is the weakest man the one who is crushed under the weight of refusing to be part of a great evil and denying all of the rewards that come with collaborating with it? Or is it the man who seeks refuge in the herd, and throws rocks at those who are strong enough not to need it?"

The fact is, AWD, that those you usually declare 'crazy' tend only to be those who obviously outclass you in the brains department. I don't even agree with those people a lot of the time, but I still recognize the common thread in your behavior. Anyone you can't keep up with, you just insult. There just isn't any reason to take you seriously anymore.

I've advocated only 2 things in this thread:

1) That a man has to defy his nature in order to screen applicants, whereas the genetic programming and chemical effects of estrogen pre-dispose a woman to doing it. This is not an insult or sexism. The genders ARE different. Equality does not mean identical. Men should and must make a conscious and often painful effort to say goodbye to those who don't measure up. Women don't have that problem, so following their example does not work.

[As a footnote, this makes integrity a difficult and highly desirable virtue for a woman to obtain. Their very identity, biological function, and chemical nature preclude it. And with so many men who have no soul, they often never see a need; selling the body to the highest bidder is just too easy with so many willing buyers.]

2) Morality is not always the path to a happy life. there is nothing wrong with tabling an offer of something better in an already obviously failed relationship. Which is really the 'moral' choice? Proloning something caustic that isn't fulfilling? Or encouraging someone to let go and move on?

wrightme

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
wrightme wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
jadedone4 wrote:

I see no tarp.

failure

Obviously you haven't been around the internet long enough. Tarps can easily be identified by their suspetise setup. I saw no tarp there, therefore I don't have a clue wtf he's talking about.
But, had you read it correctly, you might have been able to see the trap that he referenced. :quirky

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

ixtow wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
ixtow wrote:

Congratulations... you win the oc.org bat@#$% crazy award 2009, beating out Alexcabbie, compario, Razor, and sudden valley by a small margin.
I'm quite certain that the feeling is mutual, and you, by far, win that contest.

But I could be wrong. I'm not well versed in understanding bat@#$% crazy. I'll have to defer to your expertise in that field. After all, an idiot can appear as a genius to a moron.

"Is the weakest man the one who is crushed under the weight of refusing to be part of a great evil and denying all of the rewards that come with collaborating with it? Or is it the man who seeks refuge in the herd, and throws rocks at those who are strong enough not to need it?"

The fact is, AWD, that those you usually declare 'crazy' tend only to be those who obviously outclass you in the brains department. I don't even agree with those people a lot of the time, but I still recognize the common thread in your behavior. Anyone you can't keep up with, you just insult. There just isn't any reason to take you seriously anymore.

1) That a man has to defy his nature in order to screen applicants, whereas the genetic programming and chemical effects of estrogen pre-dispose a woman to doing it. Men should and must make a conscious and often painful effort to say goodbye to those who don't measure up.

2) Morality is not always the path to a happy life. there is nothing wrong with tabling an offer of something better in an already obviously failed relationship. Which is really the 'moral' choice? Proloning something caustic that isn't fulfilling? Or encouraging someone to let go and move on?

This board gets better by the minute.

What you think you're advocating, and the opinions you're actually displaying are vastly different. The worldas you see it inyour mind and the world of reality are not one in the same. That's called psychosis.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

wrightme wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
wrightme wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
jadedone4 wrote:

I see no tarp.

failure

But, had you read it correctly, you might have been able to see the trap that he referenced. :quirky

No, you just don't get it. I'm WELL aware that he said tRAp and not tARp, you simply failed to catch the joke, as you failed to catch the suspetise joke -hence my comment about you not being around the internet long enough. Now add something to this worthless thread instead of just thinking you're calling me out, or gtfo.

Since you love citations that should be unnecessary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tarp

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=suspetise

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
ixtow wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
ixtow wrote:

1) That a man has to defy his nature in order to screen applicants, whereas the genetic programming and chemical effects of estrogen pre-dispose a woman to doing it. Men should and must make a conscious and often painful effort to say goodbye to those who don't measure up.

This board gets better by the minute.

What you think you're advocating, and the opinions you're actually displaying are vastly different. The worldas you see it inyour mind and the world of reality are not one in the same. That's called psychosis.
Oh, please explain where my perspective is 'clouded.'

Most women I discuss relationships with exclaim "Holy crap, you're the only guy I've ever met that 'gets it.'" They know how low down and dirty women play, especially with each other. Most of them crave a man who grasps the concept and doesn't tolerate it. A few sentences on the subject and the most reserved women must be pried off.... And when others observe that resistance, they line up.... Tell me, why is that, Mr. Knows Everything?

I'm sorry you, and most guys, are just plain unaware an unwilling to call them out. If I were the sort of man you assert... well, it's pointless to even discuss a hypothetical that you believe is real.

When I go out to a popular pool hall in this college town full of horny, easy women; I deliberately small bad and dress poorly. But still... Sometimes you just can't cover it up.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
my comment about you not being around the internet
How can one be 'around the internet,' and even if he were, how would it bolster or detract from his position or intelligence?

Debate and deception does take place IRL, in case you hadn't noticed.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

ixtow wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
How can one be 'around the internet,' and even if he were, how would it bolster or detract from his position or intelligence?

Because in order to catch the JOKES that are spread AROUND the internet you have to have been AROUND the internet at the time the JOKES were going AROUND. Get it?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
ixtow wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

Because in order to catch the JOKES that are spread AROUND the internet you have to have been AROUND the internet at the time the JOKES were going AROUND. Get it?
I feel like I'm trying to explain sand to a rock.....