• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Radio Launched Today!

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I'm proud to announce the launch of Open Carry Radio, a podcast / internet radio show about OC. I've started with California specific topics but will soon branch out to all OC issues nationwide.

http://www.opencarryradio.com/

If anyone is interested in contributing, PM me (I'm in need of a logo right now). I'll be getting a phone line installed in the studio soon to do interviews and phone in guests.

Hope I can provide a service to a group that has been so great to me.

~ BadAce

wewd

imported post

You should add the podcast feed to the Zune marketplace as well.

bad_ace

imported post

wewd wrote:
You should add the podcast feed to the Zune marketplace as well.

What the heck is a "zune marketplace" ?

Just kidding, I'll be sure to do that. Now I just need to blow the dust off an old windows PC :)

Sons of Liberty

imported post

I like this! It's good to hear a calm voice explaining the issues!

Just one comment, the one sound bite at the beginning where the M*F* term is used. That might be offensive to some. I don't think you want to "turn off" people before you have even had a chance to talk.Just a suggestion.

bad_ace

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
I like this! It's good to hear a calm voice explaining the issues!

Just one comment, the one sound bite at the beginning where the M*F* term is used. That might be offensive to some. I don't think you want to "turn off" people before you have even had a chance to talk. Just a suggestion.

The podcast is being submitted to iTunes as an "explicit" podcast. I tend to curse when I get worked up and I don't want to do a lot of post editing on the show. So I thought I'd just set expectations right off the bat. :) With no FCC regulations I like the wiggle room. I don't expect to have too many minor OCers listening to the show.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look for a suitable replacement sound bite.

coolusername2007

imported post

Listened to the 3 clips, good job! I agree on the profanity bit in the intro, and by the third clip the intro seemed to get a little long, maybe shorten it up a bit. Content was great. For what its worth, some ideas for other clips...

Recording devices, types, multiples of, etc.

Reasons as to why open carry to begin with

History of open carry

Demographics of who open carries

What is being open carried (makes, models, calibers)

Public reaction to open carry (OC experiences)

Campbell

imported post

Very cool!

I only listened to the #001 cast and I wanted to share a few things that instantly caught my attention.

Once YOU started talking, it was very informative, very respectful. BUT the opening to your show was disappointing, almost to the point of turning it off. It sounded like this was just going to be someone on a rant, who just wanted to spout out there mindless dribble about how they feel. And the M-F phrase being dropped there was very unappealing as well. I am really wanting to share this with some friends and family but I'm worried they wont get past the opening into.

Secondly,
You may want to introduce yourself in the beginning of each cast using your real name, then refer to yourself as BadAce. Some people are going to think that if you hide behind a screen name, your hiding something else from them. And then can't really trust what your saying.

Like I said, once you began talking about what your doing, it was excellent!
Some may not even get that far with the current intro.

Thank you for being a bigger voice for us all.

bad_ace

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
For what its worth, some ideas for other clips...

Thanks for the feedback all. I've trimmed up the intro, removed the F-bomb, and added a disclaimer at the end.

I'm going to be recording episode #6 soon. Taking CoolUserName's suggestion, episode 6 will focus on the "Why" and "What". So if you have time today call in and give a brief explanation of why you OC carry and what you OC.

Studio number: 41 – PC12031e (or 417-212-0313) :) hope you can remember that ;)

Sons of Liberty

imported post

This is a really good start! I like it!

(I don't know how sensitive you are about legal advice disclaimers, but you might give some consideration to some sort of disclaimer.)

bad_ace

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
Thanks for the feedback all. I've trimmed up the intro, removed the F-bomb, and added a disclaimer at the end.

Thanks. I did, episode #4 ends with a disclaimer. I don't think I'll need it, but you never know.

unobvs

imported post

Bad Ace

Great effort. Would you please call me to discuss a topic relating to one of your shows?

Thanks

coolusername2007

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
For what its worth, some ideas for other clips...

I'm going to be recording episode #6 soon. Taking CoolUserName's suggestion, episode 6 will focus on the "Why" and "What". So if you have time today call in and give a brief explanation of why you OC carry and what you OC.

Studio number: 41 – PC12031e (or 417-212-0313) :) hope you can remember that ;)
Cool, glad to read you liked my idea. Hope its not too late to leave a message, just did a few minutes ago. Also sending a PM.

bad_ace

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Cool, glad to read you liked my idea.  Hope its not too late to leave a message, just did a few minutes ago.

It's not too late folks to get in your "What and Whys". I've been behind on episodes because of work, so get that call in. I guess I could start a new thread and pose that question to the forum.

Done: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/29699.html