• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Re-Tased: TASER releases the X3

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

I hope the company introduces a civilian model that would be legal for regular ole citizens to carry for self defense.

I've thought aboutgetting an X26c. Would, at the right price. But I don't see very many at the gun shows.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

HankT wrote:
I hope the company introduces a civilian model that would be legal for regular ole citizens to carry for self defense.
Some states allow chemical and electronic defense gadgets such as a taser, or other electronicproducts, Right?

But NO! Not in the land of cow-schitt & beer farts (Wisconsin) We are not privileged enough, or considered smart enough by our current governor to be able to defend ourselves against criminals in a non-lethal manner.
We are even expected to retreat in our own homes if we encounter a criminal in our home and acting aggressively.
Imagine that, someone breaks into your home, they are intent on harming you, and it is not considered a "legal shoot" until you exhausted your attempts of retreating. "Criminal rights" exceed a law abiding citizens rights in many cases.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Thundar wrote:
Is it true that Israel has developed an effective personal discharge system that would protect the user from most taser attacks?
Ya know, that was going through my mind as I was reading the article. I think it would be fairly simple to have a conductive material weaved within a garment that would effectively create a short-circuit and keep any current flow from entering the body. Carbon-fiber is conductive, there are already wetsuits out that have a titanium weave in them to help heat retention. Maybe that is a patent worth pursuing, a garment that negates the effects of a taser or other offensive electric device. Then the Govt. can restrict people from owning those too, just like they restrict ballistic vests.

Thundar

imported post

I thought they developed a self defence suit that was worn with a processor and battery. It supposedly absorbed initial shock and delivered a counter charge back down the wires that would arc and disable the taser attacker.

KS_to_CA

imported post

I guess they can now tazer little 12 year old girls and elderly gentlemen with heart conditions better than it ever was.

:banghead:

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

HankT wrote:

I've thought about getting an X26c. Would, at the right price. But I don't see very many at the gun shows. 

I believe Taser has a policy of only giving their top of the line products to military/law enforcement and not directly selling the top of the line models to regular people.

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
HankT wrote:

I've thought aboutgetting an X26c. Would, at the right price. But I don't see very many at the gun shows.

I believe Taser has a policy of only giving their top of the line products to military/law enforcement and not directly selling the top of the line models to regular people.
That's exactly what I've heard. 15' probes (30' for the police models) and less voltage. Does anyone have a link that confirms this?