• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Law Available to All

Ganghater

imported post

Time after time I see posts from OCDO where a person is asking about handgun laws. I spent time reading the WA state laws prior to carrying concealed or open carry. The laws are readily available at the library and on line. I believe that every gun owner should take on the responsiblity to know the laws, have a copy, and maybe even carry a copy. It's obvious that the LEO's are not required to know the law, they don't carry a copy with them, so it's prudent that the owner should educate themselves. Please don't count on fair treatment from the ignorant. Please don't leave your freedom at stake by being ignorant.

Soekris5501

imported post

I agree. Carrying is not just a right, but a responsibility.

I have met a few individuals in the past that carry yet are unaware of just about all the firearm laws (except that they "can carry"). I dont understand how people could put themselves at risk like that.

Speaking of laws for anyone that is still researching them, does anyone have a list of the common firearm laws besides RCW 9.41? Such as the USC about carrying in federal buildings and a WA law that prohibits carrying in outdoor concerts?

neddis

imported post

Soekris5501 wrote:
Speaking of laws for anyone that is still researching them, does anyone have a list of the common firearm laws besides RCW 9.41? Such as the USC about carrying in federal buildings and a WA law that prohibits carrying in outdoor concerts?
I have read 9.41 over and over and over and over.... where is the one about carrying at outdoor concerts? That is one I have not seen, but probably should.

joeroket

imported post

neddis wrote:
Soekris5501 wrote:
I have read 9.41 over and over and over and over.... where is the one about carrying at outdoor concerts? That is one I have not seen, but probably should.
Carry is not unlawful at an outdoor concert. It is unlawful at an out door music festival.

RCW 70.108.150 makes it unlawful.

RCW 70.108.020 defines an outdoor music festival.

kwiebe

imported post

It gave me a chuckle that, in their great wisdom, the lawmakers decided the sheeple needed a whole chapter in the RCW covering outdoor music festivals. Too bad the definitions section didn't define "music" as well.

Sheesh

neddis

imported post

so basically, any concert series at the Gorge that is more than 5 hours long would be included in 70.108.150? That is what I am getting, but I just want to make sure that my interpretation is correct.

JustinL

imported post

Thanks for the reminder. I have been studying them a lot lately but sometimes it takes a little while to fully understand the application. Thank God for good forums like this one.

-Justin

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Soekris5501 wrote:
Speaking of laws for anyone that is still researching them, does anyone have a list of the common firearm laws besides RCW 9.41? Such as the USC about carrying in federal buildings?
TITLE 18 USC §930 - Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in federal facilities TITLE 39 CFR §232.1 -Conduct on postal property as to persons exempted and possible conflicts within.

joeroket

imported post

neddis wrote:
so basically, any concert series at the Gorge that is more than 5 hours long would be included in 70.108.150?  That is what I am getting, but I just want to make sure that my interpretation is correct.

That is the way I read it.