• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Applebee's allows OC

Ganghater

imported post

I cheated and called the manager before arriving at Applebee's open carrying. I explained the law, told them that some businesses allow it, that the Kitsap County Commissioners recently rescinded the bad law against carrying in parks since they could not enforce it due to state preemption. When my son in law andI arrived I asked for the manager. I introduced myself, first name only. I told him that I would conceal if he had sheeple leave because of the weapon. He first apologized for not knowing the law, and then stated that he wasn't concerned with complaints as he would follow the law. We waited for about 20 minutes while people came and went. There was 8 to 10 people standing/sitting with us. A couple of women with children looked concerned but nothing was said. When it came time to be seated the young man started to walk through the bar. I called out to him and reminded him I was carrying, he apologized (looked embarrassed) and rerouted around the bar.

Glock 17, Blackhawk CQC

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Devils advocate here....
I call your business and say I heading over with a gun which I can legally possess. Manager is a hoplophobe who calls law enforcement. Weapons are banned, you are hasseled, what was gained?

Versus showing up, manager comes to speak with you, you inform him of the laws and he either allows you to carry or has you leave.

PLEASE, no more phone calls to businesses... Never alert them you are coming.

We have had a few OC meets and a bunch of us have met for dinner/lunch at various Applebees in the Puget Sound region. To my knowledge we have never been asked to leave. While your heart was in the right place, I only see this causing issues down the road.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

+1

Stop calling ahead... Seems like some of the newer people here like to do this. Just go about your normal business while open carrying and stop worring about it. If they ask you to leave, you can try to educate them. If not, then just leave. I've never been asked to leave anywhere while OC'ing. It's just not an issue very often for most of us.

Phssthpok

imported post

I had a nice sit-down face-to-face conversation for about 45 minutes with the regional director for ALL Applebee's in the NW (and MOST of the rest of the west coast). It is his official policy (which has been handed down) that lawfully carried sidearms are OK either CC or OC.

He even contacted the main corporate headquarters to find out if THEY had any policy. The response was akin to "We have no official policy....go by state laws."

FMCDH

imported post

OCed myself at Applebee's just yesterday, in Canyon Park for lunch with friends from out of town. I have done so many other times before. Its never been brought up by the employees or the managers.

The managers do seem to come around alot more however. Seems like it anyway, but its all good. I just be my plesent self and they move on. :)

One of my familys favorite resturants and will continue to be so with the great attitude about firearms they have shown thus far.

Ganghater

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
+1

Stop calling ahead... Seems like some of the newer people here like to do this. Just go about your normal business while open carrying and stop worring about it. If they ask you to leave, you can try to educate them. If not, then just leave. I've never been asked to leave anywhere while OC'ing. It's just not an issue very often for most of us.

I'm done. I'm going back to concealed carry. You're all a bunch of snobby as#$%es that have little respect for people unless they act EXACTLY like y'all.

Ganghater

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
+1

I'm done - going back to concealed carry because y'all act like snobby as...oles. It's clear that to be ONE I would have to act just like y'all because there is no common sense approach for any of you. The Applebee manager didn't know coorporate policy, had no idea of state or local laws... I called showing I had respect for HIS establishment, and not being able to find Applebee's policy on line I CALLED.

:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Ganghater

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Devils advocate here....
I call your business and say I heading over with a gun which I can legally possess. Manager is a hoplophobe who calls law enforcement. Weapons are banned, you are hasseled, what was gained?

Versus showing up, manager comes to speak with you, you inform him of the laws and he either allows you to carry or has you leave.

PLEASE, no more phone calls to businesses... Never alert them you are coming.

We have had a few OC meets and a bunch of us have met for dinner/lunch at various Applebees in the Puget Sound region. To my knowledge we have never been asked to leave. While your heart was in the right place, I only see this causing issues down the road.
"Never alert them you are coming." ---- F you, I'm not sneaking up on"them". I'm not at war with them.You have helped me make my decision thatI don't want to be an anti or you. Intolerance is on both sides. I don't want to be in the middle so I'm going to go away. I'm going to return to quietly armed.

I'm going to keep my membership in the NRA but I will not come back to OCDO. Too many a holes here...

joeroket

imported post

Ganghater wrote:
SpyderTattoo wrote:
+1

I'm done. I'm going back to concealed carry. You're all a bunch of snobby as#$%es that have little respect for people unless they act EXACTLY like y'all.
Not all of us.

You are free to do as you see fit.

Look at it this way though. Do you call ahead when you CC into a business? I would not criticize you if you did but I am guessing you don't.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ganghater wrote:
SpyderTattoo wrote:
+1

Stop calling ahead...  Seems like some of the newer people here like to do this.  Just go about your  normal business while open carrying and stop worring about it.  If they ask you to leave, you can try to educate them.  If not, then just leave.  I've never been asked to leave anywhere while OC'ing.  It's just not an issue very often for most of us.

I'm done.  I'm going back to concealed carry.  You're all a bunch of snobby as#$%es that have little respect for people unless they act EXACTLY like y'all.
lol!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I'm done - going back to concealed carry because y'all act like snobby as...oles. It's clear that to be ONE I would have to act just like y'all because there is no common sense approach for any of you. The Applebee manager didn't know coorporate policy, had no idea of state or local laws... I called showing I had respect for HIS establishment, and not being able to find Applebee's policy on line I CALLED.
So one incident on this board is enough for you?? I wonder what it would be like back in the 1700's had we lost the first fight and gave up? Or in the 1800's when the whitehouse burned? Don't let this one thing throw you. No one is out to get you over this. There are many of us in the beginning that did the same thing and folks came down on us for it. Take it in stride and learn from it.

I'll send you a PM with my contact info and the next time you are in Tacoma call me and we'll get together.

sempercarry

imported post

heres a question ganghater.....Why would you post on OCDO if you dont want input on your topic......and then blow up when someone whorespectfully dissagrees with you. You sound a little volitile any way. If a post on a gun rights board makes you cuss somebody out, I dont think I would want you on here let alone ever meet you at an OC meet.

Ganghater

imported post

sempercarry wrote:
here's a question ganghater.....Why would you post on OCDO if you don't want input on your topic......and then blow up when someone whorespectfully disagrees with you. You sound a little volatile any way. If a post on a gun rights board makes you cuss somebody out, I don't think I would want you on here let alone ever meet you at an OC meet.

I've seen the same treatment of others by the "regulars". I've been following this site of a long time, long enough to decide after getting the same crap as others that I'd whine and leave. You can have your "club".I made a mistake by posting,I don't belong here. I'm not volatile, just sensitive to the attitude that only some of you know the way - the only way. At 51 years oldI should have known better. Obviously, after 50 I still don't know how to show respect

jbone

imported post

They are only saying the law is on your side; a law abiding citizen has no reason to announce his law abiding activity. You yourself could think of thousands of law abiding activities you don't ask permission for, no different, this should also be seen as a legal stroll through the park. I'm very sure that after you called the manager he didn't announce on the loud speaker (Attention Apple Bee Dinners shortlyAMWAG will be entering please do not be alarmed or 911) Would you canvas the patrons to see if anyone had an objection?

If the private establishment sees you and saysno even after you attempt to educate them in your and theirs rights, than screw them and eat somewhere else. In Apple Bees case the food sucks anyway, IMO. Don't been so sensitive, we've all been beaten up on the forum.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Ganghater,

Go back throught the archives and read some of the tantrums between Bear4570, myself and a few others. You will find you are not the only one, and your treatment is very mild considering.

Batousaii

imported post

Yeap, Come on back man, your welcome to be here.

We beat up on each other a little now and again, but all in all, i think we all like each other, and, above all try to respect each other as sharing the same base goals. We all strive for knowledge to secure our freedom, love of liberty, firearms, apple pie, and want to see America be the best it can be. You are going to find some wide and varying ways of dealing with a given situation, and often get alot of food for thought by not taking anything personal and simply concidering the various viewpoints.

- Don't let a little poke get ya down, we all get it sometimes.

:dude:Bat