• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

taurus 905 9mm revolver

bossten1

imported post

I just purchased a taurus 905 9mm revolver yesterday. thats right not a typo 9mm revolver. I spent several hours holding it and aiming it, reading the Manual and everything else you do to get used to a new gun before shooting it.once I pulled all the parts and pieces out of the box I realized there were these little metal plates in a baggy .(which turned out to be moon clips).due to the fact that nobody at the gun shop told me about these, nor the manual did or (the fact that you have to use them to shoot the dam thing).I called the gun shop and said "what are these little plates for"? he replied oh those are moon clips. you have to load those first with the 9mm rounds then insert the whole thing into the cylinder. shoot it and remove all together as one unit and reuse the moon clips when ready to shoot again.ok I understand that there needed to use because 9mm rounds were meant for auto loaders and dont have a lip on the end.It takes away from the ease of use and speed loading and reliability also. I fired 50 rounds through it and decided to send it back to Taurus already, because apparently almost everyone who has purchased one of these experience the same issues. the gun fired the first shot with a stiff trigger pull 2nd seemed normal 3rd was unable cycle without the help of me cocking the hammer back.50 shots total. 47 shots after that same issue 1st hard 2nd ok 3rd stuck so on and so on .not very reliable for a revolver. such a shame too. a cool concept to shoot 9mm through a revolver but it just doesn't work right. I cant believe that they would send these out of the factory without more r&d . since searching the internet ,seems im not alone. I see some of these guys have had there guns back to the factory 2-4 times each.some have given up and asked for credit.Im going to just ask for credit on mine as soon as they open. I really wanted the ease and reliability of a revovler so maybe I can get a .38 for trade out with no "moon clips". oh and the guns stores don't help you much either they say its up to the manufacturer to fix it or remedy it. but they should know these are headaches.taurus claims these were built because of high demand from law enforcement for a 9mm revovler but I just cant see how they can be fast enough or reliable enough to be used other than recreational shooting and really not even that.I wanted my girlfreind to have access to a easy to shoot but safe gun at home, but I would never let her fire this thing.I wouldn't and will not bet my life or others on this model. I think Taurus makes good guns but stay away form this model. Ill keep you all posted on what happens next. does anyone have experience or problems with these or similar or any other comments?