• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Holster

zack991

imported post

If you have the money get a good retention holster. I have a Black Hawk serpa holster. Yet the one you found is better then not having any holster at all.
policestuff_2062_96149600

Bustelo5%

imported post

I cannot resite the law word for word as I am not Legba lol,but under the weapons definition if someone sees and knows that its a gun its a gun,so you can get harrased for wearing an in the waist band holster,but if it looks like a duck it is a duck even if its a ciggarettle lighter glock lol.
But as zack said if you want the most security send the 50 bucks in getting the best you can. Another good one is a bianchi military flap holster those are about 30 bucks and are pretty versitle with any gun you have and the flap is really secure.

Cranky

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
...Another good one is a bianchi military flap holster those are about 30 bucks and are pretty versitle with any gun you have and the flap is really secure.
I'd stay away from the flap style holster unless you have a CHL as you may find yourself charged with a concealed weapon charge.

Here's a case where this happened in Ohio just last year:
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22441

The use of this style holster hasn't really been proven to equate "concealed", but it has proven to cause some headaches.

...just sayin' ;)

rottman43055

imported post

I OC quite a bit in noncrowded places without a retention holster.

In crowds I use a bianchi auto retention holster