• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona Handgun Laws - PDF format

RockyAcres

imported post

I found quite a bit of overall useful information,and I thought this link could be helpful to some here.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/arizona.pdf

If you're interested in another state, just replace arizona with your state of choice.

I orginally was searching for anything specific regarding OCing in the local credit union or bank, either Federal or State. On the WV OC forum, I found within, this definition:

Federal Building defined in U.S. Code Title 18, Part 1 Chapter 44:

(g) As used in this section:
(1) The term “Federal facility” means a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties.

Here's the link to the WV question regarding the same question I have regarding CUs and banks:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum56/27310.html A very interesting read about what's Federal and what's not.

Anyone havespecificreferences to Federal laws?

Dahwg

imported post

It's got some glaring errors. I'd recommend not using it.

Here's a few that I saw off hand.

Prohibitions on carrying firearms in these venues apply to both open and concealed carry.
· Any establishment licensed to serve alcohol for on-premises consumption (e.g., a bar or restaurant,
but not a liquor store or supermarket that sells alcoholic beverages in sealed containers).

A CCW permittee will be allowed to CC as long as they do not drink. I would normally leave this alone seeing there is a brand new law and figured they haven't incorporated this yet, but then I saw this:

Parking Lots: SB 1168 signed by the Governor will prohibit property and business owners from banning guns from parking areas, so long as the weapons are kept locked in privately owned vehicles. The law exempts parking lots that are fenced or guarded, as well as those that provide secure gun storage.

Display of Firearm: SB 1243 signed by the Governor allows any individual who feels threatened to indicate that they're carrying a weapon without violating intimidation statutes. The law only applies for instances of self-defense.

The second one is wrong- or rather incomplete. Either way if someone reading were to think that this is the current law, they'd get into a lot of trouble- those two don't go into affect until 9/30/2009

Finally there's this gem:

Note: Carry in State/County/City parks is legal if it is not posted with a No Firearms sign. If it is posted
you cannot carry there legally even with a permit.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Moral of the story? Inform yourself and don't count on others to tell you the law.

RockyAcres

imported post

Points well-taken...I agree.

I found the 'contact us' email to be admins@handgunlaw.us if you'd care to help them put forth more correct information. If they are putting out miss-construed info, it should be corrected.

Thanks, Dawg.

Dahwg

imported post

RockyAcres wrote:
Points well-taken...I agree.

I found the 'contact us' email to be admins@handgunlaw.us if you'd care to help them put forth more correct information. If they are putting out miss-construed info, it should be corrected.

Thanks, Dawg.

Hmm.. I guess if I would have looked more closely at the rest of the website I'd have seen it too. I'll give them a holla see what comes of it.