Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: asked to leave Target store

Post imported post

On friday july 31,2009 my wife and i went to the Target store on Greenbrier Parkway, in Chesapeake, VA I dropped her off at the door and went to park. As i entered the store a security gaurd stopped me and asked me if i was a police officer, i said no, he said i could not OC in the store. and had to leave. I said that was fine and told him it was not posted at the entranced, that firearms were not allowed. By this time my wife saw me and walked over to me. After i told her what was going on she took her purse from the buggy, which was quite full and said lets go spend our money where we are allowed to protect ourselves, and walked out.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO!!!!!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I hope the cart was FULL of perishables! I don't shop at Target for that reason. They are notoriously anti-gun. I went in Target (before I OC'd) and asked where I could find ammunition. The salesperson gave me a really dirty look and said they didn't sell dangerous weapons or ammunition. I told her that you could make at least half of the merchandise into something deadly if you really wanted to. She looked at me as though I was speaking a foreign language.

I haven't been in a Target since I HAD to buy a wedding gift formy step-sisterseveral months ago. She and her Husband-To-Be had "registered" there and made their wish list from Target. I knew they were anti-gun when I went in there, so I CC'd and spent my time saying "BAAAAAAAAA" whenever I came near a salesperson or customer. I CC'd at the wedding &the reception, surrounded by Osamabama supporters and various other sillycommunists. I know many of them saw my "Calvin ******* on the 'O" bumper sticker and wondered who it was... heheheheh... sillycommies...
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    I hope the cart was FULL of perishables! I don't shop at Target for that reason. They are notoriously anti-gun. I went in Target (before I OC'd) and asked where I could find ammunition. The salesperson gave me a really dirty look and said they didn't sell dangerous weapons or ammunition. I told her that you could make at least half of the merchandise into something deadly if you really wanted to. She looked at me as though I was speaking a foreign language.
    Well, it is an odd bit of logic that you used...

Post imported post

I've only OC'ed at Target a couple of times (the Chantilly store), but I've never had any problems.

Post imported post

Since I moved to Falls Church, I OC regularly at the Target on Arlington Blvd. I usually only go in when if I need something on my way home from work.

I know they have seen my glock, and nobody has said a word.

I do turn on my recorder before entering each time I go in.

Carl

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    howso? Target sells cutlery that can obviously be used as a weapon, they sell sporting goods, which can be used as weapons, etc.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    howso? Target sells cutlery that can obviously be used as a weapon, they sell sporting goods, which can be used as weapons, etc.
    Not to mention my favorite subject: CHEMISTRY... With a little creativity and common household chemicals, you can make ALL kinds of interesting things. Rapid decomposition of a substance... That's part of the definition for fire or explosion. There are other chemical compositions that can temporarily or permanently incapacitate an individual.

I seriously doubt the female sales associatewith whom I shared this conversationhad an IQ much higher than the temperature of a well-chilled freezer. I envisioned her head like the possessed girl inThe Exorcist had I continued to extrapolate on the possibilites in the automotive and household chemical sections.

HankT, Sorry if my response was over your head. I'll try to use smaller words and explain things more thoroughly for you in the future...
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    HankT, Sorry if my response was over your head. I'll try to use smaller words and explain things more thoroughly for you in the future...
    Pictures work better - especially the hand drawn variety.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.ö Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Pictures work better - especially the hand drawn variety.

Yata hey
    In Crayon!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Very interesting situation. I've been OC-ing in Target stores since about 2005 in both Arizona and Virginia without any issues. Might be time to contact the home office ken.

By the way, welcome to OCDO!

Richmond - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I OC often in the Libby Place Target and used to at the Forest Hill Targets (Richmond) without issue.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I OC in Sterling Target without issue.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

i have went into all three targets at the beach with no problems while i OC. I will not be returning to the one in Ches. Was a shame that the buggy wasnt full of refrigerated items. LOL.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    And if you've ever watched Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure you should recall the mall scene where good ol' Ghengis Khan goes berserk in the sporting goods store...
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    I hope the cart was FULL of perishables!

ken in vb wrote:
    Was a shame that the buggy wasnt full of refrigerated items. LOL.

This is very weird thinking. Why on earth would you two think that? It seems rather childish, doesn't it?

There are so many adult-like actions to take, such as making your legitimate complaint known to management, both local and corporate....

Post imported post

Never pass up the opportunity to badmouth someone else, eh Hank?

It's not like they said, "Let's go fill up a cart with refrigerated and frozen foods and then hide it somewhere so they don't notice it until all the food is spoiled." It would be out in the open, obvious to the employee requiring the customer to leave. It would just be a fitting consequence to the business's decision to prohibit law-abiding gun owners from carrying their guns in the store.

Ain't nothin' childish about it. "You asked me to leave, so I'm gonna leave. That cart's full of the stuff I was going to buy, but now I'm not since you're telling me to leave."

~ Boyd

Post imported post

Whoa.....

Native getting restless...

Post imported post

What the hell are you talking about, Hank? Your insults are so obscure they're hard to distinguish as insults.

~ Boyd

Post imported post

I used to OC at the Target on Greenbriar Parkway, never had a problem.:?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableľand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come ůůůů. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

TexasNative wrote:
    Your insults are so obscure they're hard to distinguish as insults.

Post imported post

i called the manager at the target, he said OC and CC is fine with him. he told me he would be talking to the security guard so the same thing doesn't happen again. I'm cool with that

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Good report ken! Thanks for the follow-up.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    I hope the cart was FULL of perishables!┬* I don't shop at Target for that reason.┬* They are notoriously anti-gun.┬* I went in Target (before I OC'd) and asked where I could find ammunition.┬* The salesperson gave me a really dirty look and said they didn't sell dangerous weapons or ammunition.┬* I told her that you could make at least half of the merchandise into something deadly if you really wanted to.┬* She looked at me as though I was speaking a foreign language.┬*
    Two words for the housewives at Target who don't like their husbands anymore: bleach and ammonia

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Not to mention my favorite subject: CHEMISTRY... With a little creativity and common household chemicals, you can make ALL kinds of interesting things. Rapid decomposition of a substance... That's part of the definition for fire or explosion. There are other chemical compositions that can temporarily or permanently incapacitate an individual.
    OK, I think this sounds like a new and very interesting thread...please post! :celebrate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast