• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

asked to leave Target store

ken in vb

imported post

On friday july 31,2009 my wife and i went to the Target store on Greenbrier Parkway, in Chesapeake, VA I dropped her off at the door and went to park. As i entered the store a security gaurd stopped me and asked me if i was a police officer, i said no, he said i could not OC in the store. and had to leave. I said that was fine and told him it was not posted at the entranced, that firearms were not allowed. By this time my wife saw me and walked over to me. After i told her what was going on she took her purse from the buggy, which was quite full and said lets go spend our money where we are allowed to protect ourselves, and walked out.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I hope the cart was FULL of perishables! I don't shop at Target for that reason. They are notoriously anti-gun. I went in Target (before I OC'd) and asked where I could find ammunition. The salesperson gave me a really dirty look and said they didn't sell dangerous weapons or ammunition. I told her that you could make at least half of the merchandise into something deadly if you really wanted to. She looked at me as though I was speaking a foreign language.

I haven't been in a Target since I HAD to buy a wedding gift formy step-sisterseveral months ago. She and her Husband-To-Be had "registered" there and made their wish list from Target. I knew they were anti-gun when I went in there, so I CC'd and spent my time saying "BAAAAAAAAA" whenever I came near a salesperson or customer. I CC'd at the wedding &the reception, surrounded by Osamabama supporters and various other sillycommunists. I know many of them saw my "Calvin pissing on the 'O" bumper sticker and wondered who it was... heheheheh... sillycommies...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
I hope the cart was FULL of perishables! I don't shop at Target for that reason. They are notoriously anti-gun. I went in Target (before I OC'd) and asked where I could find ammunition. The salesperson gave me a really dirty look and said they didn't sell dangerous weapons or ammunition. I told her that you could make at least half of the merchandise into something deadly if you really wanted to. She looked at me as though I was speaking a foreign language.
Well, it is an odd bit of logic that you used...

t11spanner

imported post

Since I moved to Falls Church, I OC regularly at the Target on Arlington Blvd. I usually only go in when if I need something on my way home from work.

I know they have seen my glock, and nobody has said a word.

I do turn on my recorder before entering each time I go in.

Carl

nova

imported post

HankT wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
howso? Target sells cutlery that can obviously be used as a weapon, they sell sporting goods, which can be used as weapons, etc.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

nova wrote:
HankT wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
howso? Target sells cutlery that can obviously be used as a weapon, they sell sporting goods, which can be used as weapons, etc.

Not to mention my favorite subject: CHEMISTRY... With a little creativity and common household chemicals, you can make ALL kinds of interesting things. Rapid decomposition of a substance... That's part of the definition for fire or explosion. There are other chemical compositions that can temporarily or permanently incapacitate an individual.

I seriously doubt the female sales associatewith whom I shared this conversationhad an IQ much higher than the temperature of a well-chilled freezer. I envisioned her head like the possessed girl inThe Exorcist had I continued to extrapolate on the possibilites in the automotive and household chemical sections.

HankT, Sorry if my response was over your head. I'll try to use smaller words and explain things more thoroughly for you in the future...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
HankT, Sorry if my response was over your head. I'll try to use smaller words and explain things more thoroughly for you in the future...
Pictures work better - especially the hand drawn variety. :D

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
Pictures work better - especially the hand drawn variety. :D

Yata hey
In Crayon!:lol:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Very interesting situation. I've been OC-ing in Target stores since about 2005 in both Arizona and Virginia without any issues. Might be time to contact the home office ken.

By the way, welcome to OCDO! :)

ken in vb

imported post

i have went into all three targets at the beach with no problems while i OC. I will not be returning to the one in Ches. Was a shame that the buggy wasnt full of refrigerated items. LOL.

wylde007

imported post

nova wrote:
And if you've ever watched Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure you should recall the mall scene where good ol' Ghengis Khan goes berserk in the sporting goods store...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
I hope the cart was FULL of perishables!

ken in vb wrote:
Was a shame that the buggy wasnt full of refrigerated items. LOL.

112.gif

This is very weird thinking. Why on earth would you two think that? It seems rather childish, doesn't it?

There are so many adult-like actions to take, such as making your legitimate complaint known to management, both local and corporate....

TexasNative

imported post

Never pass up the opportunity to badmouth someone else, eh Hank?

It's not like they said, "Let's go fill up a cart with refrigerated and frozen foods and then hide it somewhere so they don't notice it until all the food is spoiled." It would be out in the open, obvious to the employee requiring the customer to leave. It would just be a fitting consequence to the business's decision to prohibit law-abiding gun owners from carrying their guns in the store.

Ain't nothin' childish about it. "You asked me to leave, so I'm gonna leave. That cart's full of the stuff I was going to buy, but now I'm not since you're telling me to leave."

~ Boyd

TexasNative

imported post

What the hell are you talking about, Hank? Your insults are so obscure they're hard to distinguish as insults.

~ Boyd