Thread: OC Encounter in BELFAIR

Post imported post

The wife and I went to Crazy Eric's in Belfair for a burger (very good ones too).When we arrived there were two women in their mid 50's, a couple kids one with Downs. We paid no attention went in ordered our burgers and sat down to wait.

A few minutes went by and the wife said look out the widow. they're probably hungry too. I looked out to see a Mason Co. Deputy and a WSP officer. I told the wife no they are here to see me. YEP I was right. They came in greeted me very pleasantly and took FI (field interview) position. The deputy said " had a call, some people were freaking out about a man with a gun. You are legal, I am sorry to bother you have a nice day" I said I understand and they left.

Just the way thing should be

KUDOS to Mason County and WSP

Post imported post

I think you should stop wearing ski masks, at least during summer. I'm sure that's why people were freaking out:celebrate.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    The wife and I went to Crazy Eric's in Belfair for a burger (very good ones too).When we arrived there were two women in their mid 50's, a couple kids one with Downs. We paid no attention went in ordered our burgers and sat down to wait.

A few minutes went by and the wife said look out the widow. they're probably hungry too. I looked out to see a Mason Co. Deputy and a WSP officer. I told the wife no they are here to see me. YEP I was right. They came in greeted me very pleasantly and took FI (field interview) position. The deputy said " had a call, some people were freaking out about a man with a gun. You are legal, I am sorry toÂ* bother you have a nice day" I said I understand and they left.

Just the way thing should be

KUDOS to Mason County and WSP
    I am just amazed that a trooper was providing backup for a sheriff on a potential criminal call.

Other than that I would expect nothing but what they did from either agency.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Sounds like a good encounter. Maybe send a quick note to each agency complimenting them on how their officers handled the situation. A little good PR with the cops is always a good thing.

Post imported post

hi trigger dr, got your invite too late!! another 1/2hr heads up and id been there with you, sounds like you had a great time, did they ask you no questions? or other bothersome stuff? i havent had an encounter with LEO yet, but i think they might have been on the way to safeway as i was leaving when i OCd there.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

They never even ask me my name

Post imported post

I am just amazed that a trooper was providing backup for a sheriff on a potential criminal call.
    They are all law enforcement officers commissioned by the State of Washington. Same duties. Same powers. Legally the same, cosmetically different.

Banned

Post imported post

got a call mwag probably closest backup at least the swat team didnt show up

Post imported post

deanf wrote:
    They are all law enforcement officers commissioned by the State of Washington. Same duties. Same powers. Legally the same, cosmetically different.
    Yes but troopers do not get the same training in criminal enforcement as deputies and city officers do.

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Mason county has been plagued with such severe budget cuts in recent times that if I recall correctly there is only 3-4 sheriffs on duty for the whole county at any given time. There was a superb article written by Kitsap Sun a few months ago that I can't find on their site that talked about the difficulties they faced on how they were having to rely on WSP to fill the gaps left by the budget cuts. Doesn't surprise me at all he called for WSP; he probably didn't have any backup on the clock. :shock:

Post imported post

G27 wrote:
    Mason county has been plagued with such severe budget cuts in recent times that if I recall correctly there is only 3-4 sheriffs on duty for the whole county at any given time. There was a superb article written by Kitsap Sun a few months ago that I can't find on their site that talked about the difficulties they faced on how they were having to rely on WSP to fill the gaps left by the budget cuts. Doesn't surprise me at all he called for WSP; he probably didn't have any backup on the clock. :shock:
    Now that is just damned scary.

Post imported post

:shock: If only there were a way that citizens could help defend themselves against crimes and help one another out.... weird...that might save $$$.

Post imported post

tim sheldon had alot to say about self defence and gun ownership in mason co. after the budget shortfalls. there were articals in the shelton journal. trigger dr or ironmonger or anybody else local PM or email me for a get together sometime. it must feel swell for LEO to tell you "you are legal, seeya!".
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

Yes but troopers do not get the same training in criminal enforcement as deputies and city officers do.
    Well, they have their own academy, so, yes, their training is "different." I'm not sure the argument can be made that their criminal enforcement training is deficient when compared to other police officers.

Banned

Post imported post

troopers probably get the best training. they are single units in a vast area. dont get to double team like the city and county boys

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

Great encounter! It sounds pretty much the same as our encounter at the Willow Lake event.

Kudos to the responding officers.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson