• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Encounter

DJ_Amish

imported post

I was in Wheeling WV today and stopped at an AT&T store to get an iphone. I was carrying as usual. I was greeted by assistant manager who never said a word about my gun. We had a good conversation about guns and the phones then he turned me over to sales rep. She was a cutie :) we completed the deal and she helped me set up my phone and she informed me that she recently got her concealed carry permit but hasn't been shooting in a long time. So i offered to take her shooting sometime and she agreed. :)

Over all it was a great encounter, the store was busy and no one said a word about my gun except to talk about guns. Looking forward to meeting more ppl :)

WV XD Guy

imported post

That's awesome! I haven't seen anyone open carrying in the wheeling area before. (By the way, where do you shoot around here?)

DJ_Amish

imported post

I open open carry/conceal carry anytime i go out. I haven't seen anyone else out yet.

As for shooting, I go to my parents place about an hr from here.. Lots of land and im building a shooting range for family and friends to use. I have family that comes down from Cleveland to shoot every month to get out of the city.

If you know of a good place locally let me know.

irish_ironsight

Formerly of Ireland, now Martinsburg, WV, West Vir
imported post

I know for a fact that there is a range in the Old Prison in Moundsville, but there is supposedly a private range in the area somewhere. The last time I was up there a few of the guys attending the Mock Riots were going out to practice, cant tell you where thought. It may be worth asking about because its only a few miles from wheling,