• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warning!! Watch out for certain e-mails!!

Darth AkSarBen

imported post

With a name like that, I really have to wonder.... and after finding other info on the web, I wanted to share with others...

Iwasn't sure where to post this. I have gotten 2 email recently with the title of "Stolen Guns Hurt Everyone". And, they offer to sound very well in keeping stolen guns out of shops and so on. However, the site is [url]http://pleasestopgunviolence.com[/url] and they want you to list your firearms there so that they can be compared to a database in the event they are ever stolen. I have seen some other warnings on other forum sites I belong to about this, so I wanted to put it here.

I do not know which sub forum to place this. I do not like the idea of putting all my firearms serial numbers on some website so that someone, someday can use this against me either in a court of law or by confiscations. I don't like to volunteer such information, like I don't like to volunteer too much other information about my identity online either for identity theft purposes.

What do you think? Have you heard of this before? I don't even know if you visit it online that they don't drop a cookie in your computer to trace back where you came from to do a site visit. I suggest some site like Pizza Hut or other that is harder to trace back a location if you do decide to go there.

Just passing this along.. hope is it helpful!

I would imagine that the last thing you really want to do is to voluntarily create a fire arms database where yours are listed.!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Darth AkSarBen wrote:
I would imagine that the last thing you really want to do is to voluntarily create a fire arms database where yours are listed.!
Or to corrupt the enemy's database with plausible lies.

ETA: I just tried to register as Joe @#$% Ragman and found that they want you to pay for their service. Ho Ho ho.
I'm glad to see, Doug, that you draw the line at paying to lie!