• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

taurus ultra-lite 85 2" .38

bossten1

imported post

I just purchased a taurus ultra-lite model 85 2" barrel.38 special with hammer . im going to buy a holster for it so I can conceal ably carry it most of the time. I dont always like to wear a jacket and Im not big fan of open carry.I am a fan of high quality leather holsters and very active so I dont want to drop it or move. I usally wear either levis and tee shirts or shorts and tee shirts .im right handed as well. I have a little gut so that helps too. any favorite holsters anyone has??

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

"...Im not big fan of open carry."

Well, this IS an Open Carry forum, it's what WEare "fans" of, sothat may not bethe best comment to make here...especially being new.

If CC is your thing, thenperhaps posting in a Concealed Carry forum would be more appropriate?

-- John D.

bossten1

imported post

"easy little buddy nobody's trying to hut you". I just simply wanted some advice but, I knew some know it all hater wanna be cop who has to show the world his smith and Wesson 500 would step up and have something to wine about.Im not new just returning.open carry is ok but its not needed everyday everywhere you go. this isn't Compton. besides do you even have a ccw or are a peace officer? no security guard doest cu it.do you know what would happen to you if you squeezed the trigger and killed or injured someone without proper licensing.so go ahead and walk around town like your dirty harry chump its the element of surprise thats the real threat. oh yea steers and queers.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

bossten1 wrote:
I just purchased a taurus ultra-lite model 85 2" barrel.38 special with hammer . im going to buy a holster for it so I can conceal ably carry it most of the time. I dont always like to wear a jacket and Im not big fan of open carry.I am a fan of high quality leather holsters and very active so I dont want to drop it or move. I usally wear either levis and tee shirts or shorts and tee shirts .im right handed as well. I have a little gut so that helps too. any favorite holsters anyone has??
I like the Kramer pocket holster for a J-frame with a bobbed/concealed hammer. Great quallity and it works good in loose jeans.

Don't mind cloudcraft. He was dropped on his head several times as a child. Affectedthe hospitality and egalitarian centers in his brain. Makes him unable to grok the fact that the owners of this forum welcome anyone who wants to "understand the shifting landscape of open carry laws in the US."

Basically, any gun guys who are law abiding citizens are OK here. After all, most subscribers to this forum do NOT OC on a regular basis...

Good luck with your holster search.

Shovelhead

imported post

I was looking forward to replies on this topic as I am currently in the processof trading for a Model 85 UL w/ hammer.

Just read Hank T's reply ..................

Nevermind.......

blog2.jpg

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

"oh yea steers and queers." -- bossten1

There was no call for your rude and insulting response, DF, but since you brought it up -- andnarrowed it downin giving us two choicesof WTHYOU are (thank you) -- please go ahead and tell us which it is. I would have guessed both (but may be wrong).

You're so off-the-wall on all the other insane stuff you said it doesn't deserve a reponse. Are you on drugs or just drunk? You sound like some punk kid. Were you a jerk when you were posting here before? Probably.

And YOU are carrying a real gun around?

Not good...whether you do it CC or OC.

-- John D.

bossten1

imported post

"Don't mind cloudcraft. He was dropped on his head several times as a child. Affected the hospitality and egalitarian centers in his brain. Makes him unable to grok the fact that the owners of this forum welcome anyone who wants to "understand the shifting landscape of open carry laws in the US."
wow sounds like your the real asshole on this site. seeing as all the friends you've made.

don't try to act like you didn't read it.

please don't respond to any of my post and I will not to yours.

bossten1

imported post

hey shovelhead what are you trading for? were you not happy with your 85? I just got mine so any info would help, thanks.

Shovelhead

imported post

bossten1 wrote:
hey shovelhead what are you trading for? were you not happy with your 85? I just got mine so any info would help, thanks.

Nope, you read it backwards....... :p

I'm trading FOR a model 85. ;)

I wanted something for 'summer' and 'formal' carry.

As for the 'Urinary Olympics' between members on threads........

I'm sure the Brady Bunch LOVES to see that kind of stuff.

bossten1

imported post

oh I see that now. what are you trading for? how much do they go for in your shops?