• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns and Alcohol

bennie1986

imported post

According to handgunlaws.us carring a gun after consuming alcohol is ilegal in some state. Per RCW 9.41.050 Carrying a fire arm it doesnt say that you cant. For example if I have a beer at dinner can i still carry. I know its not the best idea to mix the two but does anyone know if there is a law in washington.

bennie1986

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
bennie1986 wrote:
According to handgunlaws.us carring a gun after consuming alcohol is ilegal in some state. Per RCW 9.41.050 Carrying a fire arm it doesnt say that you cant. For example if I have a beer at dinner can i still carry. I know its not the best idea to mix the two but does anyone know if there is a law in washington.
RCW 9.41.098
Forfeiture of firearms — Disposition — Confiscation.

(1) The superior courts and the courts of limited jurisdiction of the state may order forfeiture of a firearm which is proven to be:

(e) In the possession of a person who is in any place in which a concealed pistol license is required, and who is under the influence of any drug or under the influence of intoxicating liquor, as defined in chapter 46.61 RCW;
Thank you!

So because an LEO is not the superior court or a court of limited jurisdiction they cant order or enact such a forfeiture. Also, I can still open carry because that does not require a CPL.

Thats my interpretation anyway so if I'm off base or just plain wrong please let me know.

Tawnos

imported post

Basically, if you're concealed carry, in a vehicle, in a stadium where the town has restricted possession to non CPL holders, or are otherwise required to have a CPL, and are "under the influence" as defined by driving statutes (.08), then the court may order the forfeiture of your firearm, leading to its destruction. This may also lead to a revocation of your CPL, depending on the nature of the forfeiture and your offense.

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
(e) In the possession of a person who is in any place in which a concealed pistol license is required, and who is under the influence of any drug or under the influence of intoxicating liquor, as defined in chapter 46.61 RCW;

Since Liquor is 20% alcohol/ 40proof Or higher I wonder if you would get away with being drunk off a Whole bunch of Beer? Give it that you can prove that you only drank a 24 pack of beer. Maybe a Video?

Interesting Idea.