• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tulalip Walmart OC

tat2ed_guy

imported post

So the wife, baby and I went to Tulalip Wal Mart today to get some things. I had'nt OC'ed there yet but today seemed like a good day to do so. Although Im getting more and more used to OC'ing my wife acts like Im getting away with something that I shouldnt be doing.So she looks around atall the reactions that she can.There was only one guy (employee) that I particularly payed attention to and that was because of how close he followed behind me. I took the wife downthe feminine isle to see if he was actually following me or not. He was, but when we went down that isle he stopped andacted like "I cant be seen in that isle" andsat there for a second like he was thinking of where to go next. Either way it got him from behind me. After that I didnt see him again.Once we were in line to check out that is when I started to just look around a little bit . EVERY person that got in line behing mestood there long enough to see that I was carrying a gun and the look of :what:hit thier faces and they quickly headed off to one of the longer lines (only if that worked for thepeople in front of me that would be great). Nothing was ever said by anyone tho.

Good outing.

FunkTrooper

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
LOL Good story
That's not really a good story maybe funny but definitely not good. The last thing I would want is people to be running away just because I showed up (with a gun on my hip). I've never had this kind of reaction when I go to any stores and I never want that reaction. My goal is that people can see that not everyone is a cop and robber.

tat2ed_guy

imported post

I didnt really think that it was funny but I kinda got a chuckle out. That to me was more of an encounter with the "sheeple". I just never would have thought that that many people would react like that. But then again it is the first of the month and the checks are in the mail so who knows what the heck they were thinking.

okkid

imported post

Here in Aberdeen they say hi to me by name and I do the same as I go there a lot for ammo amd they put my name on it before its out of the shipping box and ask me what I want before they put it out :) I love a small town!

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
I could give two @#$%s if people run away or not. My intentions aren't to do so.
Its, "I couldn't give..." Sorry, it really bothers me when people use this phrase improperly. You're trying to say that you care so little about the subject that you COULDN'T care any less. It makes no sense to say that you could care less.

Aaron1124

imported post

GrammarPolice.gif

Dave_pro2a

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
I could give two @#$%s if people run away or not. My intentions aren't to do so.
Its, "I couldn't give..." Sorry, it really bothers me when people use this phrase improperly. You're trying to say that you care so little about the subject that you COULDN'T care any less. It makes no sense to say that you could care less.

It's a colloquialism.

I could care less that you're wrong about it though. ;)

SANDRAT

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
I didnt really think that it was funny but I kinda got a chuckle out. That to me was more of an encounter with the "sheeple". I just never would have thought that that many people would react like that. But then again it is the first of the month and the checks are in the mail so who knows what the heck they were thinking.
The first of the month is "Welfare Day" i n Walmart,that's what they were thinking,I never go there on the first.

kenf729

imported post

Hi, sorry but I have a question...I live in OR, have my CHL. and , well I visit Marysville quite often, I was under the impression that the WM (or general area)was on the resevation. can you or I carry there without consent? thanks for your comments.

tat2ed_guy

imported post

I carry all the time, I have only carried at the walmart once and other than stupid looks I have never even been questioned. But yes it is all reservation on that side of the freeway.

Tawnos

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Arguably, it goes either way. "I could care less" could be short for "I could care less, but it's not worth the effort" - that is, it would actually require effort on your part to care less, and you don't want to expend it.

Something to think about while trying to effect a change.

joeroket

imported post

kenf729 wrote:
Hi, sorry but I have a question...I live in OR, have my CHL. and , well I visit Marysville quite often, I was under the impression that the WM (or general area)was on the resevation. can you or I carry there without consent? thanks for your comments.

Yes. You can carry on a reservation without consent. The downside is that they can trespass you for violating tribal rules, but in no way can you be prosecuted unless you violate state or federal law.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I don't think Tulalip has a problem with it, but it would really help if you ever are approached by tribal law enforcement to show a great deal of respect for their sovereignty and laws.

Tribes tend to be a lot more informal, and a friendly conversation and respect goes a long way. Don't take offense at a perceived rudeness, often times you are just being sized up for what type of person you are. I know from personal experience.