• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Double Take on a Sign

eBratt

imported post

Had some business at the Department of Child and Family Services office in Bremerton, Washington. Sign by the front door made me do a double take:

3779434211_b271a8d2ae.jpg

It took a couple reads to make sure they weren't illegally prohibiting carry but as near as I can tell, they aren't. OC/CC is still fine. Wasn't carrying at the time (work) so I can't say what the reaction to an OC is, but it doesn't appear to be illegally restricted.

Just FYI for anyone else who happens to need to go there.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

From what I can tell, the WAC was repealed...

Being a gov't building, and if not part of a courthouse, it is indeed violating pre-emption.

The WAC they listed was pertaining to requiring foster homes to lock up their guns and keep them away from children, and not carry them in child care facilities (unless the child was supervised and had taken a hunters safety course).

The RCW is standard RCW fare we know so well.

p2a1x7

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Cool! "But officer, supervisor, whomever, my gun and live ammunition are NOT classified as illegal in the RCW's!" I love the stupidity of some of this (on their part...)
That is exactly how I read it.

Dave The Welder

imported post

As I read it the sign says that I am not allowed to break the law while on their property. Breaking the law by carrying illegal firearms or ammunition must be okay elsewhere though. ;) It's like having a sign at a school read: "Killing sprees committed using illegal weapons are not allowed here"

FMCDH

imported post

City of Redmond, Wa.

9.32.090 Firearms and explosives.

It is unlawful to shoot, fire, or explode any firearms, rockets, fireworks, firecrackers, torpedo or explosive of any kind or to carry any firearm or to shoot or fire any air gun, bows and arrows, BB gun, or use any slingshot or other propelling device wherein the applied human energy or force is artificially aided, directed or added to in any park, except in such designated recreational areas as may be designated by the director and/or law enforcement officials acting in official capacity. (Ord. 1244 § 2 (part), 1985: Ord. 1074 § 1 (part), 1982).

http://www.codepublishing.com/WA/redmond.html

Hammer

imported post

So can I take pellet gun practice on it? :cuss:
Right thru the "No pistols" sign

I know the answer, but it is soooo tempting.... :banghead:

TriCityOC

imported post

I agree with FMCDH. I was at the IRS office the other day and there was a big sign that said "NO Recording" and then went on with some very confusing verbiage to detail all the valid reasons and ways that you were allowed to record audio and video in their office. However, a casual inspection of the sign yields a greatly different message. I think these people are just expecting the less interested and less intelligent to take away the easy message and give in.

Solar

imported post

So in effect, the city of Redmond has had laws since the eighties trying to ban the carry of firearms in their parks even though it is pre-empted? This should not be tolerated.

I have been away for awhile. How is the case in Redmond going where the forum member was stopped and arrested at gunpoint? My daughters older sister was harrassed by the police the other day in an unrelated incident. The Police in Redmond are getting an attitude lately. Time for an Open Carry picnic in town.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

The way this sign is worded, it implies that firearms are illegal. It's in the structure of the sentence.

:cuss: