• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cop assaults woman after his kid runs into her car

mike75925

imported post

has anyone else seen this video? so the kid hits a car at a gas station, a woman and two or three guys get out of damaged car and enter store. cop comes in moments later seething for some reason, grabs the lady after yelling at her, it gets heated. she moves away from the cop. after calming down a bit she seems to head for the car. the cops son enters and starts it up again, the cop jumps in, the lady'sfriends jump in to stave off the imbecilic officer. when all is said and done. the cop tells the clerk 'if you know what's good for you, you'll get rid of that tape!' other officers arrive and tell the clerk the same thing. you know, as for me i'm so glad we have such honorable people serving us as they should, don't you agree?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

mike75925 wrote:
has anyone else seen this video? so the kid hits a car at a gas station, a woman and two or three guys get out of damaged car and enter store. cop comes in moments later seething for some reason, grabs the lady after yelling at her, it gets heated. she moves away from the cop. after calming down a bit she seems to head for the car. the cops son enters and starts it up again, the cop jumps in, the lady'sfriends jump in to stave off the imbecilic officer. when all is said and done. the cop tells the clerk 'if you know what's good for you, you'll get rid of that tape!' other officers arrive and tell the clerk the same thing. you know, as for me i'm so glad we have such honorable people serving us as they should, don't you agree?
This is standard police practice.

A good cop is the exception, and a rare one, at that. Even good cops lie, most of the time.

We are under attack from a domestic military.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
SNIP We are under attack from a domestic military.
Here is some food for thought about the impact of police on our freedoms.

http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

(Note: I am not interested in this becoming a cop bashing thread. I am posting this because information and perspective tends to reduce the emotional responses and elevate the discussion.)

mike75925

imported post

it's playing cop, you know, when you need one you can't find em!

FogRider

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
This is standard police practice.

A good cop is the exception, and a rare one, at that. Even good cops lie, most of the time.

We are under attack from a domestic military.
I wish I had the means to travel as much as you.

mike75925

imported post

though i'd like to, i probably am just blowing smoke. i'd like to go over and tell lopez 'i'm your huckleberry, you piece of s&*t' if i was any of those guys, i wouldn't have got on the floor, and i would have had my piece on me, jerked it in a cease and desist manner, demanding the cop to explain his apparently unprovoked manner. i'd rather die for something rather than nothing. the officer has no warrant, allows his punk a$$ kid to become involved, has no real standing and then gets away with it. hell no, not if it was me. at the very least he would never wear a badge again. my two cents. be it known to all, i am keeping a record of this message in it's entirety, that noone may alter it with intent to frame.

rds801

imported post

When I first saw the video, I couldn't believe that the officer still has a job in law enforcement. The department really thinks that they can trust him after that?

rodbender

imported post

If his finger slips from all that motion (it happens), she's toast. He should be fired and procecuted.

And this is in the Texas forum, why? It happened in Pa.

zanshin

imported post

Caught the clip on Fox. Questions off topic. My wife and I may move to Seguin. I have an Alabama permit to carry and I understand the permit process out there is laborious and protracted.

Any adviice for me other than learn Spanish?

mike75925

imported post

don't learn spain spanish, learn mexican spanish. you won't know whateach of you is saying.

DVC2010

imported post

The story says that one of the men had a permit to carry, and his gun was in his car. If he had been carrying at the time, would deadly force be authorized in this situation, or do police have some kind of special protection?

CrossFire

imported post

DVC2010 wrote:
The story says that one of the men had a permit to carry, and his gun was in his car. If he had been carrying at the time, would deadly force be authorized in this situation, or do police have some kind of special protection?
You are kidding, right. You shoot a cop anytime for any reason and your life is over.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

CrossFire wrote:
DVC2010 wrote:
You are kidding, right. You shoot a cop anytime for any reason and your life is over.
I don't know how things are in PA, but in this state he'd probably have gotten shot and any charges would have been dropped as soon as that video made the media.

mike75925

imported post

cop is just a person with a gun and a 'tude. for some reason, they decided the a'holes needed protection above and beyond. could it be a bunch of crooked politicians and cops got together and allied for a union against the public at large? no, they couldn't be that sinister, right?