Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oregon Roll Call

Post imported post

Hi all!

I'm new to the boards but I've jumped in on some of the discussions. There's been a few threads on doing get-togethers and open carry to help bolster our rights.

It was suggested we do a 'roll call' to see who's currently active on the Oregon boards and local to arrange some sort of meet-up's.

Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be some large, organized event like a picnic or something - though that would be great - we can exercise our rights ANY TIME and support each other with little "mini meetups" and catch lunch together sometime or get a coffee and go ammo shopping.

So sound off! Who wants coffee?

-Dave

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Checking in from Mac.

I'm up for coffee anytime!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'm up for about anything. I work in Hillsboro and frequent areas around Portland.

Ken

Post imported post

I live in the Seattle area, but frequent Oregon and have an Oregon CHL.

I keep tabs on whats going on in Oregon.

Post imported post

If any of you are headed to the Northeast corner of the state, let me know.
    I don't think I am going to make the drive over for coffee.

Post imported post

neddis wrote:
    If any of you are headed to the Northeast corner of the state, let me know.
    I don't think I am going to make the drive over for coffee.
    You get a pass, neddis - That is a bit of a drive just for coffee.

Post imported post

Neddis and I live in the same town. Maybe he and I should meet and greet. hehe

Post imported post

HOLY CRAP! Another opencarry-er in Hermiston!?!? I never thought it would happen.

Oh yeah, and heck yeah we should meet.

Post imported post

Haven't really posted on here, but have been watching the forum every few days. Live in the Portland area. But usually concealed carry. During the hot days I have been wearing an OWB holster, but my t-shirts always covers it up.

Post imported post

astraflyr lurking.....kinda quiet on the forum, butI wouldn't mind more face to face time with everyone. The last one was fun! Adams? You coming?

Post imported post

To the Hermiston crowd:

Im from The Dalles, but I pass by that way on my way to La Grande and Baker pretty often.

Also, one of my co-workers is a Hermiston native and he's up there frequently

Post imported post

I'd love to when ever I get into town next, but I might be cheating . . . I'm going to school to become a federal agent :P

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Nice! My neigbhor was a federal agent back in California and I was thinking about getting a US Marshall's gig just through school. I'm sure it'll be alot of fun!

Post imported post

Just wanated to post a quick hello.

I was looking for a placethat had an introduction forum for oregon. So iguess i'll use this one.

My name is jerry i am from hermiston, i am new to open carry. I have been CC'ing for about twenty years in oregon and washington. I am an NRA and Utah BCI instructor. While most of my carry through the years has been CC i am starting to open carry a whole lot more and i am going to open a can of worms in the hermiston area this coming summer.

Glad to be here.

Post imported post

You can open up a can of worms, just don't throw them everywhere and you should be OK!

Welcome to the BB. Not very active lately and I don't know why. Could be that we here in Oregon we just don't have as many issues with open carry as they do in other states, which is a good thing really. I've openly carried in several spots around the Tigard area and have never been called to the carpet for it except inside Costco once, and I was asked to leave. Hell I've barely even gotten a funny look or sideways glance from people. Most of the time I don't even think they know I'm carrying even when I do it openly.

Post imported post

I've yet to open carry here in the big city. I used to open carry quite frequently in eastern washington and north idaho but with all the anti-gunners around here I haven't worked up the courage in the year i've lived here to do it. Maybe a coffee run with fellow gun lovers would be just what I need.

Post imported post

I am in Portland and lurk around the board, havn't posted much.

I have carried openly around town a few times and have not had any problems yet.

I use to deliver newspapers and open carried all the time when I did that, one day had a police car pass by me 3-4 times and then follow me for 10 or so blocks before deciding I was not a threat. Did not stop me or make contact, just kept a watch and left.

I would up for a local meet sometime.

Post imported post

I come and go from time to time... Tried Open Carry a while ago and didn't really stick with it (I mostly concealed carry now unless I'm going out shooting), but I support anyone's choice to OC 100%.

Concealed Carry or Open Carry, Just CARRY!

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

I'm in the Beaverton area. Most of the time I CC just because of the weather. I'd be up for a meet and greet somewhere around Portland metro.

Post imported post

Hey guys, I am in Lane County and OC all the time here.. as the weather warms maybe we can get some of the smaller groups together for a bbq.. but am game for the occasional coffee..

Post imported post

Jackson County (Medford).

I OC 100% except at school (Community College) where I OC my empty holster and am VERY vocal about the schools unlawful policy attempting to regulate lawful carry by licensed individuals. I'm trying to file a grievance but English Comp has been really whipping me this quarter and last. I also UOC in the PRK (Kalifornia) when I'm down there ... you think it's bad in Portland? Try Kali.

My wife is also on board, though she CC's. She'll be me audio/visual recording buddy as it warms up and I get more active (i.e. activist). We would love to do some OC get togethers even if we have to travel up to Salem or Portland to participate (so long as schedules allow).

If there is enough support in the Southern Oregon area, we'd be up for hosting an Shin Dig at our place. Airstrip in the back yard, a 50 yard range (bare basics and a somewhat short back stop), plenty of room for tents or RV's.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

Hey who knows? If enough of us chose to meet up at a Starbucks then maybe we could make the news too!

NOT!

Post imported post

I check the forum almost every day, I just don't post that often if I don't have something very relevant to say. I hate reading those 25 page posts that you have to skim read through the crap to get to the relevant details.

I usually just CC in the pocket out of lazy convenience, but I do OC occasionally, especially for a quick trip to the quicky mart or when out shooting.

Post imported post

I'm actually living in Washington but will be being released from the Army in about 8 weeks and will be moving back t Medford....I do frequent the site and I will be up for a meet-up or just some coffee upon my return....

Post imported post

I check here from time to time, live in Springfield.

I don't yet carry, but like to keep myself informed, and just ordered a nice serpa holster for when I can. Mostly the only reason I don't OC is because I would like to have my CHL first, just to be on the safe side.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast