• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon Roll Call

Autonym

imported post

Hi all!

I'm new to the boards but I've jumped in on some of the discussions. There's been a few threads on doing get-togethers and open carry to help bolster our rights.

It was suggested we do a 'roll call' to see who's currently active on the Oregon boards and local to arrange some sort of meet-up's.

Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be some large, organized event like a picnic or something - though that would be great - we can exercise our rights ANY TIME and support each other with little "mini meetups" and catch lunch together sometime or get a coffee and go ammo shopping.

So sound off! Who wants coffee?

-Dave

FMCDH

imported post

I live in the Seattle area, but frequent Oregon and have an Oregon CHL.

I keep tabs on whats going on in Oregon.

neddis

imported post

If any of you are headed to the Northeast corner of the state, let me know.
I don't think I am going to make the drive over for coffee. :)

Autonym

imported post

neddis wrote:
If any of you are headed to the Northeast corner of the state, let me know.
I don't think I am going to make the drive over for coffee. :)
You get a pass, neddis - That is a bit of a drive just for coffee. :)

GSXRrider

imported post

Haven't really posted on here, but have been watching the forum every few days. Live in the Portland area. But usually concealed carry. During the hot days I have been wearing an OWB holster, but my t-shirts always covers it up.

astraflyr

imported post

astraflyr lurking.....kinda quiet on the forum, butI wouldn't mind more face to face time with everyone. The last one was fun! Adams? You coming?

Xader

imported post

To the Hermiston crowd:

Im from The Dalles, but I pass by that way on my way to La Grande and Baker pretty often.

Also, one of my co-workers is a Hermiston native and he's up there frequently

DenWin

imported post

I'd love to when ever I get into town next, but I might be cheating . . . I'm going to school to become a federal agent :p

Triple H Training

imported post

Just wanated to post a quick hello.

I was looking for a placethat had an introduction forum for oregon. So iguess i'll use this one.

My name is jerry i am from hermiston, i am new to open carry. I have been CC'ing for about twenty years in oregon and washington. I am an NRA and Utah BCI instructor. While most of my carry through the years has been CC i am starting to open carry a whole lot more and i am going to open a can of worms in the hermiston area this coming summer.

Glad to be here. :D

Ironbar

imported post

You can open up a can of worms, just don't throw them everywhere and you should be OK!

Welcome to the BB. Not very active lately and I don't know why. Could be that we here in Oregon we just don't have as many issues with open carry as they do in other states, which is a good thing really. I've openly carried in several spots around the Tigard area and have never been called to the carpet for it except inside Costco once, and I was asked to leave. Hell I've barely even gotten a funny look or sideways glance from people. Most of the time I don't even think they know I'm carrying even when I do it openly.

cassterr

imported post

I've yet to open carry here in the big city. I used to open carry quite frequently in eastern washington and north idaho but with all the anti-gunners around here I haven't worked up the courage in the year i've lived here to do it. Maybe a coffee run with fellow gun lovers would be just what I need.

jamesb3002

imported post

I am in Portland and lurk around the board, havn't posted much.

I have carried openly around town a few times and have not had any problems yet.

I use to deliver newspapers and open carried all the time when I did that, one day had a police car pass by me 3-4 times and then follow me for 10 or so blocks before deciding I was not a threat. Did not stop me or make contact, just kept a watch and left.

I would up for a local meet sometime.

Orygunner

imported post

I come and go from time to time... Tried Open Carry a while ago and didn't really stick with it (I mostly concealed carry now unless I'm going out shooting), but I support anyone's choice to OC 100%.

Concealed Carry or Open Carry, Just CARRY!

...Orygunner...

Ruger9mm

imported post

I'm in the Beaverton area. Most of the time I CC just because of the weather. I'd be up for a meet and greet somewhere around Portland metro.

JBURGII

imported post

Hey guys, I am in Lane County and OC all the time here.. as the weather warms maybe we can get some of the smaller groups together for a bbq.. but am game for the occasional coffee..