• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Fatally Shoots Armed Intruder

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Perfect example of a totally justified self-defense with a gun incident.

Also, it ispossibly an example of a gun carrier who saved lives by carrying and being prepared to take immediate action.

The guy is a hero with a gun.

Man Fatally Shoots Armed Intruder, CPD Says

By Tom Brockman
Reporter
Published: July 30, 2009

COLUMBUS, Ohio—A man fatally shot an armed intruder while protecting his 5-year-old relative late Wednesday, authorities said.

Columbus police continued to investigate an overnight shooting on the city’s Southwest Side.

CPD said the incident started with a home invasion but it was the suspect who was fatally shot.

CPD was called to a home on the 1500 block of Autumn Village Drive on reports of a shooting at about 11 p.m. Wednesday.

Officers found a man on a front porch with a gunshot wound to his neck.

The armed suspect broke into home shortly before he was fatally shot, CPD said.

“There was a knock on the door. The resident went to the door, at which time the victim out front entered the house with a firearm in commission of an aggravated robbery,” said CPD homicide Sgt. Dana Norman.

As the armed suspect entered the home, a man picked up his 5-year-old relative to protect child as well as a firearm and fired shots, according to authorities.

The suspect attempted to flee the home after being wounded but collapsed on the porch. He died a short time later.

Detectives have not released the identity of the suspect currently, but NBC4 was told the shooter and suspect did not know each other.

The police report listed the suspect as an unknown black male in his 20s.

The man who fatally shot the suspect was not a resident of the home; he was staying there with relatives. There were four people in home at time of the invasion: a woman, child and two men, one of whom is bedridden.

Authorities have have not released additional information on the shooter’s identity, either.

“It’s a very quiet neighborhood,” said neighbor Gary Dulaney.

No other injuries were reported from the incident.

“Five-years-old, man. You’re always concerned about the kid. I mean you hope you don’t bring your child into that situation. It is scary. I feel bad for him,” Dulaney said.

No charges were filed against the man who shot the intruder currently, but the case will be presented to the Franklin County grand jury for review.

Anyone with additional information on the city’s 49th homicide of 2009 was asked to call the CPD homicide squad at 614-645-4730.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/local/article/Home_Invasion_Suspect_Shot_Killed_By_Resident/20108/

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:
“There was a knock on the door. The resident went to the door, at which time the victim out front entered the house with a firearm in commission of an aggravated robbery,” said CPD homicide Sgt. Dana Norman.
Is this the way they see it in Columbus? Kudos to the MWAG that had the sense to know how to react.

Kelly Ash

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
HankT wrote:
Is this the way they see it in Columbus? Kudos to the MWAG that had the sense to know how to react.
Yeah, he was a victim of his own stupidity. LOL

noname762

imported post

Kelly Ash wrote:
.40 Cal wrote:
HankT wrote:
Is this the way they see it in Columbus?  Kudos to the MWAG that had the sense to know how to react.
Yeah, he was a victim of his own stupidity. LOL

So how long before an uncle or a parent of BG comes forward and tells local newsTV their kid (the BG) he was "such a good kid". What no takers??

Moral of this story?
Bad guys- Learn a lesson here. Turn your life around or go rob people in gun free zones. Like WA DC. No one there is allowed to own a gun. Go rob Obamaboy. Watch out for SS and DHS. They will machinegun yo ass.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

HankT wrote:
Man Fatally Shoots Armed Intruder, CPD Says

By Tom Brockman
Reporter
Published: July 30, 2009

COLUMBUS, Ohio—A man fatally shot an armed intruder while protecting his 5-year-old relative late Wednesday, authorities said.

Columbus police continued to investigate an overnight shooting on the city’s Southwest Side.

CPD said the incident started with a home invasion but it was the suspect who was fatally shot.

CPD was called to a home on the 1500 block of Autumn Village Drive on reports of a shooting at about 11 p.m. Wednesday.

Officers found a man on a front porch with a gunshot wound to his neck.

The armed suspect broke into home shortly before he was fatally shot, CPD said.

As the armed suspect entered the home, a man picked up his 5-year-old relative to protect child as well as a firearm and fired shots, according to authorities.

The suspect attempted to flee the home after being wounded but collapsed on the porch. He died a short time later.

Detectives have not released the identity of the suspect currently, but NBC4 was told the shooter and suspect did not know each other.

The police report listed the suspect as an unknown black male in his 20s.

The man who fatally shot the suspect was not a resident of the home; he was staying there with relatives. There were four people in home at time of the invasion: a woman, child and two men, one of whom is bedridden.

Authorities have have not released additional information on the shooter’s identity, either.

“It’s a very quiet neighborhood,” said neighbor Gary Dulaney.

No other injuries were reported from the incident.

“Five-years-old, man. You’re always concerned about the kid. I mean you hope you don’t bring your child into that situation. It is scary. I feel bad for him,” Dulaney said.

No charges were filed against the man who shot the intruder currently, but the case will be presented to the Franklin County grand jury for review.

Anyone with additional information on the city’s 49th homicide of 2009 was asked to call the CPD homicide squad at 614-645-4730.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/local/article/Home_Invasion_Suspect_Shot_Killed_By_Resident/20108/

Who writes this crap? The 'suspect' is no longer a suspect once they are shot dead in the act on the premises. They are the guilty party (deceased). Then... the perp is described as the victim? No... victims are those predated upon. As in 'victimized'. 'Aggressor... thug would be a better choice of words.I doubt the shooter picked up much of anything before he picked up his gun... Odds are he had it on him as there's not much time for anything else.

Ahh... the media can't get away without leaving some lingering doubts on the part of the reader. No charges filed 'currently'... 'grand jury'. As tho the defender did something wrong in depriving that young man of his criminal livelyhood. They always have to leave a bad aftertaste. No praise for the shooter who defended his friends against an armed thug with who knows what on his mind. That should have been the crux of the report... but it wasn't. It rarely ever is.

Hendu024

imported post

HankT wrote:
SNIP...

Maybe I am misreading this, but what the hell does the neighbor mean "bring your child into that situation"? The situation was brought to him, and he responded in the best way possible, and no one was injured except for those that deserved it.

inbox485

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
HankT wrote:

Who writes this crap? The 'suspect' is no longer a suspect once they are shot dead in the act on the premises. They are the guilty party (deceased). Then... the perp is described as the victim? No... victims are those predated upon. As in 'victimized'. 'Aggressor... thug would be a better choice of words.I doubt the shooter picked up much of anything before he picked up his gun... Odds are he had it on him as there's not much time for anything else.

Ahh... the media can't get away without leaving some lingering doubts on the part of the reader. No charges filed 'currently'... 'grand jury'. As tho the defender did something wrong in depriving that young man of his criminal livelyhood. They always have to leave a bad aftertaste. No praise for the shooter who defended his friends against an armed thug with who knows what on his mind. That should have been the crux of the report... but it wasn't. It rarely ever is.
Take note that calling the dirt bag a victim was a quote from the police not the reporter's choice of words. Also in some jurisdictions, all shootings require a grand jury hearing to determine trail worthiness rather than leaving to the DA's discretion.