• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Flu Shots

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dr. Ron Paul commented on H1N1 back when it was first getting going. There is a YouTube video on it.

The basic points were the government or media hysteria and areminder that during the last big hoopla over flu (1970's)more people died from the vaccinations than the flu itself, or some such poor risk-benefit ratio.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.promedmail.org

[size="-2"][/size]
The global electronic reporting system for outbreaks of emerging infectious diseases & toxins, open to all sources. ProMED-mail, the Program for Monitoring Emerging Diseases, is a program of the International Society for Infectious Diseases.
http://www.promedmail.org/pls/otn/f?p=2400:1001:2356412190562232::NO::F2400_P1001_BACK_PAGE,F2400_P1001_PUB_MAIL_ID:1000,78541

Archive Number 20090730.2669Published Date 30-JUL-2009Subject PRO/AH> Influenza pandemic (H1N1) 2009 (21): vaccine prioriities
Code:
INFLUENZA PANDEMIC (H1N1) 2009 (21): VACCINE PRIORITIES
A ProMED-mail post
<[url=http://www.promedmail.org/]http://www.promedmail.org[/url]>
ProMED-mail is a program of the
International Society for Infectious Diseases
<[url=http://www.isid.org/]http://www.isid.org[/url]>

In this update:
(1) Pregnancy
(2) ACIP meeting
[3] Adjuvants
[ ...]

Code:
Swine Flu Vaccine Priorities Outlined
-------------------------------------
Anticipating that not enough swine flu [influenza pandemic (H1N1) 
2009 virus] vaccine will be available to immunize every American in 
time for the expected surge of cases this fall and winter, health 
experts recommended on Wednesday [29 Jul 2009] that certain people 
should be vaccinated 1st. The top priority group, 150 million 
Americans in all, or about half the population, would include health 
care workers and emergency medical responders, because their jobs are critical.

It would also include people with the highest risk of complications 
and severe illness from the new H1N1 virus: pregnant women [see 
above]; people caring for infants under 6 months; children and young 
adults from 6 months to 24 years; and people aged 25 to 64 with 
medical problems like asthma, diabetes or heart disease.

The recommendations were issued at a meeting of the Advisory 
Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), a panel of medical 
experts from around the country that advises the Centers for Disease 
Control and Prevention. The group has 14 members who voted on the 
recommendations, and the disease centers [CDC] usually take their 
advice in issuing guidelines for state and local health officials.

But once the panel made its initial recommendation, members struggled 
and argued about what to do if there was a severe shortage of the 
vaccine and the eligibility requirements had to be drawn even 
tighter. The deliberations left some shaking their heads in confusion 
and dismay. As the meeting dragged on past its deadline, one member, 
looking piqued, left before the final vote.

Ultimately, the group decided that if the shortage was severe, 
healthy children over 4 would not be vaccinated, nor would any adults 
except pregnant women, health and emergency workers and people caring 
for infants. Those cuts would reduce the number of vaccinations 
needed in the 1st round to about 40 million.

The last to be eligible for vaccine will be healthy people over 65, 
who are least likely to contract swine flu but most likely to suffer 
complications when they do become ill. The group recommended that 
they not be offered vaccine until all the other groups had received it.

Some argued that any efforts to restrict vaccination, based on fears 
of a shortage, inevitably confuse the public, discourage people from 
being immunized and result in vaccine going to waste. "Tight 
prioritization will result in vaccine being unused," said Dr. William 
Schaffner, a nonvoting member of the group and an infectious disease 
expert at Vanderbilt University. "When you have vaccine, just give it."

The decisions are being made against a backdrop of uncertainty and in 
real time, as the pandemic continues to unfold in this country and 
around the world. Health officials expect a surge of new cases when 
schools open in the fall, but they cannot be sure.

The vaccine has not yet been tested for either safety or efficacy. 
Government officials have projected that 120 million doses of vaccine 
will be available by October [2009], but a number of participants at 
the conference said they thought that was overly optimistic. "I think 
the virus is beating us to the tape, and it will be the virus itself 
that will immunize us in the fall," said Dr. Schaffner. He said he 
feared a "double-barreled flu season," with many cases of swine flu 
in the fall and early winter, and then a seasonal outbreak starting 
later and peaking in February as it usually does.

[Byline: Denis Grady]
There is good evidence and statistics showing that adults older than about 55 years are less likely to contract this type of flu due to immunities acquired from previous exposure to this type. Mature adults are less likely to contract this flu but more likely to suffer complications due to senescence.

I do not intend to be vaccinated and will recommend against it if asked. YMMV

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth.

Statesman

imported post

Thos.Jefferson wrote:
A buddy of mine told me about this thread today

http://www.xcolony.com/x/showthread.php?t=2898

Any thoughts any one?

In my opinion, and that of many others, there is no real pandemic. I read somewhere that the World Health Organization changed the qualifications in its definition for a "pandemic", to exclude a virus with a high degree of mortality. This change allowed the WHO to escalate this to Stage 6, global pandemic, which sets the stage for Martial Law.

I received a 24 hour flu this summer. I had a 100.1 temperature, and got over it quickly. Is this H1N1? Who knows, but I believe there is a crisis being generated here, and people are likely to only get very sick if they receive the flu shot. This version is reported to be chock full of mercury, and who knows what else they're putting in it.

If you want real protection against the flu of any type, make sure you immune system is in full gear, as it should be. Take Vitamin D:

Important: Dr. John Connell on vitamin D and avoiding colds and flu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--NqqB2nhBE

Dr. Mercola on vitamin D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15ycdbSsnAU

http://www.naturalnews.com/026732_military_pandemic_outbreak.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/026735_health_vaccination_CODEX.html

The First Storm Front: Flu and Forced Vaccinations

Eleanor (or Eleanora) McBean, author of Vaccination Condemned and The Poisoned Needle: Suppressed Facts about Vaccination, was a survivor of the 1918 "Spanish Flu" pandemic. She explains that the 1918 pandemic was the result of a nation wide effort to vaccinate the population of this country and several others.

Her first hand account, as an unscathed non-vaccinated child whose non-vaccinated parents tended to the ill with no repercussions, along with survivor interviews clearly shows that those who did not get vaccinated were spared, while many apparently healthy people dropped dead or were crippled soon after receiving the heavily promoted vaccinations. Eleanor also mentions how a large percentage of contaminated Americans were cured by natural or homeopathic means.

The vaccines had been inoculated into soldiers who began getting ill in training camps in Spain, after their vaccinations. Some of them became paralyzed, similar to what happened to many who had received the 1976 Swine Flu vaccinations and were stricken with the rare Guillienne Barre syndrome. More may have died as a result of vaccine induced illness than from actual battle. The war ended sooner than expected, after only around a year of American involvement.

So the left over vaccines were pushed for profit onto the public in the USA and other countries as fear mongering was promulgated about soldiers returning from abroad with the deadly "Spanish Flu". The campaigns were persuasive enough to get many to roll up their sleeves, and the results were disastrous. Many millions died in several countries over the next year and a half to two years. But Greece refused the vaccines, and Greece had no deaths from any type of flu!

8th ID

imported post

I admit to not reading much on this topic.

But here's some real world experience.

I have never had a flu shot. My wife has never had a flu shot. I'm 43 and my wife is 38. I've had the flu once. My wife has never had the flu.

We have a daughter who is 6. She has never had a flu shot. She has never had the flu. She has only been on antibiotics ONCE in her life. We make sure she eats well ( proteins, fruits and vegetables, plenty of water, etc.). From what I've seen, her immune system is incredible.

I'm not a doctor, but it seems strange to me to put a "little" of what you don't want to get into your body. I don't get it. I know, I know, the argument is it will help build up your immune system. Everyone says look what vaccines did for polio, etc. Well, most of the "real" vaccines CURED diseases. There's a difference.

If people don't believe that drug companies aren't making HUGE profits from this, well, I think they're seriously in the dark...

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Please differentiate between vaccines and antibiotics. Antibiotics are absolutely ineffective against viruses.

Your immune system is adequately effective against viruses. A vaccine teaches your immune system to recognize bits of viruses and allows rapid response that may be more effective than a naive immune system. A viral infection CANNOT be cured in the sense that a bacterial infection can be cured.

An injection may or may not be a vaccine.

Things with no side effects generally have no effects at all.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

forced flu vaccines, not happening to me again.

last time I was forced a flu vaccine, I was in the USMC. damn thing put me on bedrest for a week. I would rather have had the flu the normal way.

8th ID

imported post

Like I said before, I'M NOT A DOCTOR. I guess what I was trying to say is, with a healthy immune system, I believe the risk of getting and/or having a prolonged illness from H1N1 is minimal.

Also, NO ONE in my immediate family will take this vaccine voluntary or otherwise!!!

We'll just see what happens come fall...

Not really ALL I wanted to say, BUT well, that's for later...

Statesman

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
+1

Heed that warning. Take a hard look at Baxter Pharmaceuticals, and see what they have gotten away with in the past year, with NO coverage from mainstream media. It'll make you lose your stomach.

8th ID

imported post

Statesman wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
+1

Heed that warning. Take a hard look at Baxter Pharmaceuticals, and see what they have gotten away with in the past year, with NO coverage from mainstream media. It'll make you lose your stomach.

I just read some info on Baxter. Interesting that no mediaI know of picked up this story. Hmmm...

The flu is all about fear..."Take this vaccine, or you'll probably die!"

I read this once, can't remember where, wishI had come up with it: FEAR stands for False Evidence Appearing Real.

I suggest everyone listen to the song, Guns Of Brixton, by The Clash and then answer this question.

How you gonna come?

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Statesman wrote:
I received a 24 hour flu this summer. I had a 100.1 temperature, and got over it quickly. Is this H1N1?
As I-ANAL, neither am I a 'doctor' or health professional.

No. There is no such thing as a "24 hour flu" and no such thing as an influenza infection of only 24 hours duration. Influenza infections are symptomatic for 14 -21 days. A "24 hour flu" is most likely gastroenteritis.

Symptoms of influenza may include joint and body aches, cough and sore throat, chills/fever, fatigue, headache, reddened irritated and watery eyes, flushed/reddened facial skin, mouth, nose & throat. Gastrointestinal difficulties in children.