• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pull over

SemperFi7

imported post

I just got home from church with my wife, and three children. On the way home we were pulled over by Local law enforcement and my and my wife we talked out of our cars with police officers pointing weapons at us. First my wife... then me, while my 12, 5, 3 year olds freaked out. They put us in the same car and after about 5 minutes of questioning let us out of the car and the supervisor gave us an explanation (by this time there were 6 local LE cars at the scene) The supervisor said that a few weeks ago a car matching the description of my wife's was involved in some shootings where shots were fired from the car, and they were still on high alert. I asked the supervisor that he would pull us over at gunpoint just because the car matched even thought there were no suspect descriptions available and he said "yes". I said "so you are going to pull over every Blue Dodge Magnum in the city" and he said "yes" I did not have my fire arms in the vehicle, and they never ended up searching my vehicle, but I just wonder if I had my pistol in the case in the trunk and they found it, if they would have detained us in the patrol car even longer while my children waited in fear in our vehicle.

My wife was crying even before she got out of the car and is traumitized, she still has the cuff marks on her wrists. She is especially irritated because one of the officers asked her where she is from (she is Hispanic but a US born citizen) and traffic was going by slow and she witnessed somebody seemingly taking a video of us with there cell phone. My children are upset, my 3 year old asking me if the police are going to come to our house. I asked for the report number which they gave me and I am planning to file a complaint tomorrow.

Does anybody know if this is standard LEO procedure or is there something wrong here? I understand that LE is just doing there job but according to his logic, my wife is in danger if the cops see her car again tomorrow or the next day, she may get 6 9mm pistols, a 12 gauge and a AR 15 pointed at her like she did today.. Not a great feeling, and not a great feeling to leave your kids in a car with weapons drawn on it, when you kids are already freaking out. I'd be especially interested in any comments from LEO's.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Sorry to have to welcome you to OCDO under such trying circumstances.

Because of the variability of state laws and of the structure of OCDO, with state oriented klaverns, you might specify your state and city.

If you intend to pursue the propriety of the stop, possibly beyond a mere complaint, then engage an attorney as soon as possible. He, and many here, will caution you about revealing details that may become trial issues.

Best wishes.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

SemperFi7 wrote:
I just got home from church with my wife, and three children. On the way home we were pulled over by Local law enforcement and my and my wife we talked out of our cars with police officers pointing weapons at us. First my wife... then me, while my 12, 5, 3 year olds freaked out. They put us in the same car and after about 5 minutes of questioning let us out of the car and the supervisor gave us an explanation (by this time there were 6 local LE cars at the scene) The supervisor said that a few weeks ago a car matching the description of my wife's was involved in some shootings where shots were fired from the car, and they were still on high alert. I asked the supervisor that he would pull us over at gunpoint just because the car matched even thought there were no suspect descriptions available and he said "yes". I said "so you are going to pull over every Blue Dodge Magnum in the city" and he said "yes" I did not have my fire arms in the vehicle, and they never ended up searching my vehicle, but I just wonder if I had my pistol in the case in the trunk and they found it, if they would have detained us in the patrol car even longer while my children waited in fear in our vehicle.

My wife was crying even before she got out of the car and is traumitized, she still has the cuff marks on her wrists. She is especially irritated because one of the officers asked her where she is from (she is Hispanic but a US born citizen) and traffic was going by slow and she witnessed somebody seemingly taking a video of us with there cell phone. My children are upset, my 3 year old asking me if the police are going to come to our house. I asked for the report number which they gave me and I am planning to file a complaint tomorrow.

Does anybody know if this is standard LEO procedure or is there something wrong here? I understand that LE is just doing there job but according to his logic, my wife is in danger if the cops see her car again tomorrow or the next day, she may get 6 9mm pistols, a 12 gauge and a AR 15 pointed at her like she did today.. Not a great feeling, and not a great feeling to leave your kids in a car with weapons drawn on it, when you kids are already freaking out. I'd be especially interested in any comments from LEO's.
This is such a sad story. The cops tried to kill you and your family, and the traitors in our midst will exalt them for "doing their job," a nefarious circular argument.

How miserable my karma to be born into 20th Century America.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Karma is valued only by what we do with it. How unfortunate that we must spend our karma removing warts on the ass of history like Obongo and his apologists.
His name is "Obama," a perfectly acceptable name with a lineage far longer than yours. Insulting names is a third-graders' argument.

Thus far, Obama has done little to evoke my ire, though I'll let you know when he does.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Put your whizzers away boys.

This is not how a family should ever be treated in my country (back on topic). If you can provide your state of residence, there may be some case law that some of our more enlightened brethren know to present an argument against an unconstitutional detention. You may even go so far as to find out if the statement about the Dodge Magnum is true by reviewing prior individual reports. These things take a while, but they have to be done in order to remind some of the more zealous supervisors out there that they work for "We, the people..."

arentol

imported post

SemperFi7 wrote:
The supervisor said that a few weeks ago a car matching the description of my wife's was involved in some shootings where shots were fired from the car, and they were still on high alert. I asked the supervisor that he would pull us over at gunpoint just because the car matched even thought there were no suspect descriptions available and he said "yes". I said "so you are going to pull over every Blue Dodge Magnum in the city" and he said "yes"
I don't think that is typical procedure. I can kind of see pulling you over, though a few weeks after the shootings is a bit ridiculous. However, once they pulled you over they shouldn't have had you even get out of the car. What they should have done was run your license plate number. If that came back clean (as in car owner has no criminal history, not report of car being stolen), then they should have approached cautiously to confirm that the people in the car didn't look suspicious. A family of 5 obviously wouldn't, so from there they should have approached the window, explained why they pulled you over, given you a "Sorry for the trouble.", and sent you on your way.

I am not an LEO, but what they did sounded way over the top for a simple car match.

compmanio365

imported post

Lawyer up. Don't say anything to anybody without OKing it through your lawyer first. In fact, I'd delete your post here. Then sue them for everything you can get them for. They did not have RAS or probable cause, so they just violated all your rights and should pay for it.

Batousaii

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Lawyer up. Don't say anything to anybody without OKing it through your lawyer first. In fact, I'd delete your post here. Then sue them for everything you can get them for. They did not have RAS or probable cause, so they just violated all your rights and should pay for it.
+1 !! totally agree here. Horrible situation and i hope you can sue em bankrupt.

SemperFi7

imported post

I don't want to sue, but to be safe I will not post much more detail about it. I filed a complaint with internal affairs and they are going to call me tomorrow. The municipality is Grand Rapids, MI

Thanks to all for thier comments!

Flyer22

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
This is such a sad story. The cops tried to kill you and your family, and the traitors in our midst will exalt them for "doing their job," a nefarious circular argument.

Are you insane??!! If the cops hadTRIED to kill anybody, they would have pulled their triggers!!!!

Apparently, on whatever planet you come from, cops are not allowed to do anything at all to protect themselves.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Flyer22 wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

Are you insane??!! If the cops hadTRIED to kill anybody, they would have pulled their triggers!!!!

Apparently, on whatever planet you come from, cops are not allowed to do anything at all to protect themselves.
If the cops need to draw loaded weapons and point these weapons at churchgoers, without provocation, to "protect themselves," the country is further gone than I knew.

Too bad America didn't work out. It's inhabitants ultimately grew to despise the LIberty the country was established to provide.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

There was a farmer had a dog,
His name was Bobby Bingo.
B, I, N, G, O.
B, I, N, G, O.
B, I, N, G, O.
His name was Bobby Bingo.

There was a farmer had a sheeple,
His name was Barry Sotero.
O, B, O, N, G, O
O, B, O, N, G, O
O, B, O, N, G, O
O, B, O, N, G, O
His name was Barry Sotero.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Good ole Kent County:banghead:. I spent about 4 years living there, and have first hand experience with their police. They like to keep things "under control" from the beginning.

buster81

imported post

Flyer22 wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

What were these cops protecting themselves from? What planet did they come from?

r6-rider

imported post

thou shall not question the greater authority of our lords officers for you shall be punished greatly!!!!

seriously though thats ****ed up what happened. im also curious as to what would of happened if he had a weapon on him. under some retarded law would it be legal for them to seize the weapon to compare ballistics?