• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Free State Project

wewd

imported post

I would love to be a part of the FSP but I don't know how to figure out the logistics of moving to the other end of the country. I also don't have any family east of the Mississippi. I also have a job that I can't see myself leaving unless I had a solid offer when I move. I was already laid off once during the recession. But I know I would love living in New Hampshire, especially for the climate (Snow! Seasons! Trees! OMG!). Anything is better than this hellhole of a desert that is Southern California.

coolusername2007

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
Seriously though, is there any sort of FSP movement here in CA? If so,maybe we should be inviting them to our UOC events. If not, maybe we should consider it. I mean really, with all the radicals in this state there has to be some leaning our direction right? :cool:
Not exactly, but...

There are plenty of FSP participants and supporters still living in CA. I'm going to create a new thread on the FSP forum inviting my fellow Californian Porcupines to join our cause for the duration of their stay.

Turnabout is fair play. Cross-recruit for both efforts.

Thanks for the idea.
You're welcome. Working with allies and teaming up together is crucial to achieving success. Link their forum here and I will join in over there.

coolusername2007

imported post

cato wrote:
MudCamper wrote:
Interesting. The group has already splintered.

http://www.freestatewyoming.org/

Sad, Their website seems to be stuck in 2007? No new news?

I would however love to run for Sheriff!
Sheriff? Are you serious? Which county? Do you meet the qualifications? (I don't even know what the qualifications are.)

KBCraig

imported post

MudCamper wrote:

Not really. The FSW folks lobbied hard for their state, lost the vote, and decided they'd rather move to (or stay in) Wyoming.

No hard feelings, but it can hardly be called a "splintering", when there are a couple of dozen people in Wyoming, and over 700 in New Hampshire (with more arriving every month).

People here think I'm crazy for wanting to move to NH. "Don't you know how cold it gets up there?" Of course I do, and I'd rather be cold than hot. When you're cold, you can always do something to get warm; when you're hot, you're just stuck being hot.

I tell them the weather in NH is exactly like Texas: two months out of every year, you hate going outside and dread your utility bills. It's just that it's January and February in NH, versus July and August in Texas.

mjones

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JInfVgfAX6o

That "AR pistol" is definitely not available to Californians. And this guy openly carried it while picking up litter in front of Town Hall!

It appears the cops noticed, but simply watched briefly at a distance.

THE WAY IT SHOULD BE! I hope some day Californians can again enjoy liberty of that kind.

AR Pistols are indeed possible in CA...

As I understand it you DROS the pistol as a dimensionally compliant single-shot. Once you take it home reconfiguration is possible so long as you don't turn it into an AW. If someone wants/needs the appropriate steps todo this legally let me know and I'll cross-post it from CalGuns.net

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Another guy at another Obama rally (this one in Phoenix, AZ) carrying a handgun AND an AR over his shoulder! Think he got the idea from William?

PHP4A897DB84A39C.jpg

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2009/08/17/20090817obama-scene.html

One sight was perhaps a little unnerving to those in charge of making sure everybody remains on their best behavior.

A man, who decided not to give his name, was walking around the pro-health care reform rally at 3rd and Washington streets, with a pistol on his hip, and an AR-15 (a semi-automatic assault rifle) on a strap over his shoulder.

"Because I can do it," he said when asked why he was armed. "In Arizona, I still have some freedoms."

Two police officers were staying very close to the man.

"What he is doing is perfectly legal," Det. J. Oliver, of the Phoenix Police Department said. "We are here to keep the peace. If we need to intervene, we will intervene at that time."
Slanted reporting, but at least they had the decency to include the quote from the detective.

coolusername2007

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Another guy at another Obama rally (this one in Phoenix, AZ) carrying a handgun AND an AR over his shoulder! Think he got the idea from William?

PHP4A897DB84A39C.jpg

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2009/08/17/20090817obama-scene.html

One sight was perhaps a little unnerving to those in charge of making sure everybody remains on their best behavior.

A man, who decided not to give his name, was walking around the pro-health care reform rally at 3rd and Washington streets, with a pistol on his hip, and an AR-15 (a semi-automatic assault rifle) on a strap over his shoulder.

"Because I can do it," he said when asked why he was armed. "In Arizona, I still have some freedoms."

Two police officers were staying very close to the man.

"What he is doing is perfectly legal," Det. J. Oliver, of the Phoenix Police Department said. "We are here to keep the peace. If we need to intervene, we will intervene at that time."
Slanted reporting, but at least they had the decency to include the quote from the detective.

I think he's an ACORN plant (no pun intended). This is the only video I could find...he appears at the very end and appears to be shouting "healthcare now". While the guns may be real, and he's entitled to his opinion on the healthcare subject, I can't help but think this is a rebutal stuntbecause the left is mobilizing on this issue...talk about astroturf, paid protesters.

ETA: forget the video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh8XEOQEY-I

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I don't see any reason to believe he's a plant any more than the rest of the health care reform supporters. At the risk of derailing this thread, I'll add that I believe both sides of the issue employ the same 'astroturf' strategies. It's just SOP in politics to bus supporters to your rallies and anti-rallies.

But let's try to focus on the gun issue here...

I don't care what his views are on health care. I'm just as happy to see people I disagree with exercising their right to bear arms.

coolusername2007

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
I don't see any reason to believe he's a plant any more than the rest of the health care reform supporters. At the risk of derailing this thread, I'll add that I believe both sides of the issue employ the same 'astroturf' strategies. It's just SOP in politics to bus supporters to your rallies and anti-rallies.

I don't care what his views are on health care. I'm just as happy to see people I disagree with exercising their right to bear arms.
In another thread with another videoit became a little more clear. I stand corrected, he does seem legitimate. Bussing supporters is one thing, paid supporters, IMHO, is something else entirely.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:

Partially agree...I get a big smile on my face to see him OC'ing, regardless of what side of the health care issue he is on. :D

But I do care what his views are on the health care are.