• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Giant Eagle and OC

Bustelo5%

imported post

Any of you PA guys and gals have a contact number or have any memos that giant eagle put out on their firearms policy?

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

Nope.

But Jerry Chait, the owner (From one of the five founding families), is a Hillary supporter, so I can't imagine they're very firearms friendly.

I could tell you plenty of personal info, but I'll stick with that.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

My local Giant Eagle (which I believe is not owned by Giant Eagle but rather operates as a franchise) used to have a sign on oneentrance stating no guns (but not on the other entrance). Apparently some patron a long time ago dropped a handgun (Mexican carry?) and it went off - hence the sign. The sign disappeared about six months ago.

I routinely open carry when running in to get some milk, dog food or cat food (my wife does the major grocery shopping). Haven't had any comments or looks.

I don't ask permission - I just do it. Asking permission only gives them ideas.

RenegadePhoenix

imported post

i have had personal contact with the LP dept on an OC issue. i talked with Rich Vogel and he said that OC is welcome at all Giant Eagle stores. i'll see if i still have the e-mail and contact info.....

Bustelo5%

imported post

hey that would be great I just want to inform him and also get a copy of their statement for OCDO and a personal one so I can hand it to some superviser who wants to be god that day.
I apperciate all the replies since especially the waterloo store is in such a high crime area.

RenegadePhoenix

imported post

Chris,
I received a copy of the information you called our customer care department about. I saw you did not list a telephone number where I could reach you. At your convenience, if you would like to discuss this matter, please contact me at (412) 963-2380 and leave a number where I can reach you.

Thank you,
Rich Vogel
Loss Prevention Area Represenative
Giant Eagle, Inc.

Rich.Vogel@gianteagle.com

Bustelo5%

imported post

Hey thank you for the reply I email this gentleman and hopefully he responds soon that would be great. It really means alot and I hope he has the time to reply back and I will post his reply as I want everyone who shops there to enjoy it safely.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Update Great news
I spoke with a gentlemen named Rich Casic out of the Bedford Corp Office.
Waterloo rd Giant Eagle is A ok to OC.
I spoke with him and he gave me some concerning news that some of the strip owners of some of the GEs have weapons control signs for the whole property since they own it supposedly. So jackson twp I think thats Alrington rd Giant Eagle and another one have all out wespons control for that whole shopping center.
In any case please look at the signs in the parking lots at Rich Casic told me and Carry away at any Giant Eagle you can as they are Oc friendly.
Rich Casics number is 216-591-2738 he works out of the bedford corp office and welcomes all of you guys to contact him with any and all concerns for the stores of north eastern OH.