• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why Go Overboard With Anger Towards Law Enforcement?

bnmyers82

imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
bnmyers82 wrote:
I disagree with Jared too. My post should have never been taken to the Sheriffs Department. Therefore, yes I do have a problem with the forum guy who took my posts to the Sheriff.
I will agree that it is nobody's place to go making formal complaints based on semi-anonymous internet postings.

That said, good lesson for all here to heed. Once you post something to a semi-anonymous, publicly accessible forum you really have zero control over it or what anyone does with it. Something to bear in mind in the future.

Charles
Ya, so how are we to feel comfortable sharing our stories? When this dimwit takes your story and your name and goes to the Sheriff Department to file a complaint. I mean, that should make anyone afraid to use these forums.

Also, if the administrator would like the persons name and messages, I'll give them to you. I think his account/IP address should be suspended from accessing the site.

This could have been horrible. What if that deputy came to me at work and confronted me about the situation. The guy should of minded his own "bad word" business.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Brandon,

Let me clear the air so this story is not so one sided. I spoke with the deputy's commanding officer. I can post his name if you like me to but will protect his privacy.

I asked for that deputy to be educated on the law's for the state of Utah. The Sgt brought it up in briefing so that it would be addressed. Your name or the conversation never came up. However their are Deputys who read this site and found out who he was. I had nothing to do with that.

Your name was brought up based on your information posted by you. The Birthdate and the name followed by your city of residence. The Hosptial was easy to find based on where you work. And deputys who are assigned to the Hosptial their are only about 3 or 4 hosptial's deputys for SL County are posted.

Nobody looked into your personal files because you had already told everyone all your information. Also be advised a google search has turned up more information as to where you live and your number.

Why do you think I am bringing this up to help you understand your information is floating out their for the BG to read.

I have nothing against you to be fair the Deputy was educated by his command based on other deputys reading this fourm. and locating information you posted.

Sorry you feel that what I did was wrong. I am glad that a member of our Law Enforcement now has the correct information.

Thanks

Zach

bnmyers82

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Brandon,

Let me clear the air so this story is not so one sided. I spoke with the deputy's commanding officer. I can post his name if you like me to but will protect his privacy.

I asked for that deputy to be educated on the law's for the state of Utah. The Sgt brought it up in briefing so that it would be addressed. Your name or the conversation never came up. However their are Deputys who read this site and found out who he was. I had nothing to do with that.

Your name was brought up based on your information posted by you. The Birthdate and the name followed by your city of residence. The Hosptial was easy to find based on where you work. And deputys who are assigned to the Hosptial their are only about 3 or 4 hosptial's deputys for SL County are posted.

Nobody looked into your personal files because you had already told everyone all your information. Also be advised a google search has turned up more information as to where you live and your number.

Why do you think I am bringing this up to help you understand your information is floating out their for the BG to read.

I have nothing against you to be fair the Deputy was educated by his command based on other deputys reading this fourm. and locating information you posted.

Sorry you feel that what I did was wrong. I am glad that a member of our Law Enforcement now has the correct information.

Thanks

Zach
Ok smarty pants.

What is the deputys name?

Message it to me if you want to protect his privacy. I'm gonna ask him if he has heard anything. I doubt he has. You sound like you are dimwit big head.

Why did you bring up my driving record. Is that available on google. too?

MY ARGUMENT IS NOT ABOUT MY INFORMATION, I COULD GIVE A RATS BUTT. MY ARGUMENT IS YOU ARE A DIMWIT FOR TAKING A STORY OFF THE INTERNET AND TAKING IT TO THE SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT. I HOPE YOU LOOKED LIKE A DIMWIT.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Brandon,

Please take this into consideration I mean no harm to you or anyone it was you who requested this information.

The deputy works at ST Marks Hospital in the ER Mostly the same place you work as a telephone operator taking calls at night.

I posted the Information for you as requested do you really want me to post his name so everyone can see it.

Calling me names and carrying on about me when have done nothing but try to assist the public educate a deputy that is not current on the laws.

Brandon please reconsider you asking me to post the Information about the deputy that works graves at ST Marks Hospital. But if you ask me nicely I will post it for you.

By the Way the Deputy that does the scedule is addressing the Issue again tonight.

The scedules Deputy is Huges while deputy that does it normally is out of town till Aug 17th. I have numbers and cell numbers I can post if you don't believe me.

Thanks

Zachary

bnmyers82

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Brandon,

Please take this into consideration I mean no harm to you or anyone it was you who requested this information.

The deputy works at ST Marks Hosptial in the ER Mostly the same place you work as a telephone operator taking calls at night.

I posted the Information for you as requested do you really want me to post his name so everyone can see it.

Calling me names and carrying on about me when have done nothing but try to assist the public educate a deputy that is not current on the laws.

Brandon please reconsider you asking me to post the Information about the deputy that works graves at ST Marks Hosptial. But if you ask me nicely I will post it for you.

Thanks

Zachary
I want you to email it to me.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

bnmyers82 wrote:
Ya, so how are we to feel comfortable sharing our stories? When this dimwit takes your story and your name and goes to the Sheriff Department to file a complaint. I mean, that should make anyone afraid to use these forums.
That is the point, none of us should feel too comfortable posting personal stories to these forums. We should always ask ourselves about potential problems and moderate what we post accordingly.

What is "safe" to post from an incident in the fairly distant past may be very different than what is prudent to post from an incident which is very recent. And of course, if one is involved in anything where a defense lawyer may be needed, this is NOT the place to generally post anything until the case is resolved, with rare exception.

And what others should or should not have done is really beyond our control. THAT is what we have to consider. I agree with you about others sticking their nose into your business. I think it was way out of line for anyone here to charge off trying to fix your problem without you asking for or even consenting. And to use your name and other information (rather than keeping it general and anonymous) if they were going to go fight some battle is really going too far. I'm not saying how things ought to be, just telling you how I think they are.

If the world were a better place it would be a better place. If it were good enough we might not even need guns or locks on our doors. But that isn't reality.

Simply put, I feel your pain, but all I can do is remind all that this is an example of why we all need to be careful about what we post and when we post it.

Charles

bnmyers82

imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
bnmyers82 wrote:
That is the point, none of us should feel too comfortable posting personal stories to these forums. We should always ask ourselves about potential problems and moderate what we post accordingly.

What is "safe" to post from an incident in the fairly distant past may be very different than what is prudent to post from an incident which is very recent. And of course, if one is involved in anything where a defense lawyer may be needed, this is NOT the place to generally post anything until the case is resolved, with rare exception.

And what others should or should not have done is really beyond our control. THAT is what we have to consider. I agree with you about others sticking their nose into your business. I think it was way out of line for anyone here to charge off trying to fix your problem without you asking for or even consenting. And to use your name and other information (rather than keeping it general and anonymous) if they were going to go fight some battle is really going too far. I'm not saying how things ought to be, just telling you how I think they are.

If the world were a better place it would be a better place. If it were good enough we might not even need guns or locks on our doors. But that isn't reality.

Simply put, I feel your pain, but all I can do is remind all that this is an example of why we all need to be careful about what we post and when we post it.

Charles
For all he knows I could of been an anti-gun guy just up here posting bull crap sotries that wasn't true.

But hey, its the risk you take when you stick your nose where it doesn't belong.

I'm not anti-gun, just anti-dimwit.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I am going back to Posting on open carry. I consider this Issue with Brandon Over I will speak directly with the Deputy to resolve this issue.

A open apology to anyone who may be offended. The Issue has been resolved as of now.

Thanks (I refuse to argue a dead subject)

Zach

bnmyers82

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
I am going back to Posting on open carry. I consider this Issue with Brandon Over I will speak directly with the Deputy to resolve this issue.

A open apology to anyone who may be offended. The Issue has been resolved as of now.

Thanks (I refuse to argue a dead subject)

Zach
The issue is NOT over. You called my job this morning looking for me. You are a freak just like your screen name says.

THIS SITE HAS SERIOUSLY JUST EARNED A BAD NAME FOR ITSELF THANKS TO GUNESFREAK4791.

bnmyers82

imported post

You're a liar. My co-workers wrote down your number and it traces back to your household. I have all the proof to prove you're the dimwit. Keep pushing my button.

chillidogs

imported post

bnmyers82 wrote:
You're a liar. My co-workers wrote down your number and it traces back to your household. I have all the proof to prove you're the dimwit. Keep pushing my button.
hmm. Can this be settled like grown ups? I would be upset if this were happening to me.

bnmyers82

imported post

Chilli, how would you suggest I handle this? This dimwit called my job. He went beyond measures to get the information I would not get him. I don't know much about Utah, but I'm going to see what kinda of order I can get against him. Keep him away from my job unless its an emergency.

Seriously. What do you suggest?

chillidogs

imported post

bnmyers82 wrote:
Chilli, how would you suggest I handle this? This dimwit called my job. He went beyond measures to get the information I would not get him. I don't know much about Utah, but I'm going to see what kinda of order I can get against him. Keep him away from my job unless its an emergency.

I agree with you. He was and is out of line by far if that is what has been going on.

If he has no legitimate business contacting your employer you can have a harrassment warning given. Then on the next contact you can pursue charges. Not sure exactly how it works. I have heard my dad explain it many times.

I think that taking it to pm or a phone call could probably settle this is a civil fashion. heck some of my best friends are some that I fought with the most in the begining.

bnmyers82

imported post

chillidogs wrote:
bnmyers82 wrote:

I agree with you. He was and is out of line by far if that is what has been going on.

If he has no legitimate business contacting your employer you can have a harrassment warning given. Then on the next contact you can pursue charges. Not sure exactly how it works. I have heard my dad explain it many times.

I think that taking it to pm or a phone call could probably settle this is a civil fashion. heck some of my best friends are some that I fought with the most in the begining.
Thanks Chilli. I'll look into having a harassment warning or whatever its called. I'm gonna show this thread and all my messages to a deputy at work tonight and get advice from him. I am terribly disappointed at what has happened. Had I known this behavior would have taken place, I would have never joined this site. But I joined because I wanted to learn how to open carry legally. This site should be a safe place for people to come and share stories with. But it has proven that idea wrong. Oh and Zach, I hope the trains don't keep ya awake at night.

thx997303

imported post

Please, there is no need to condemn everyone on this site for the alleged action of one member.

I know I would prefer not to lose a potential ally or even possible friend over this.

bnmyers82

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Please, there is no need to condemn everyone on this site for the alleged action of one member.

I know I would prefer not to lose a potential ally or even possible friend over this.
How would you feel if some gun lunatic off of a forum called your job and asked for you? Now I have to worry about this guy being in my parking lot when I get to work. You think I should drop something like this? NO. He should of kept to himself.

JUST BE ADVISED, I'M PARKING UNDER SURVEILLANCE!!!!!!!!!!

Utah_Patriot

imported post

So I called to talk with you man to man about this whole Deputy Issue. I tried to handle it civil so that it did not come to this.

I have never threatend you or called you names. I simply called the Sheriff department to have a Deputy educated on the law.

So far you you have gone way off the deep end. I would hope that you calm down take a breath and realize that no one is out to get you. Being paranoid about people out to get you is a classic sign paranoia.

I recomend that you talk to someone about these hostile feelings. Maybe someone. I for one hold no personal feelings about you or the name calling.

I have no issue with you knowing where I live in fact I would not mind inviting you over for a bbq. I hope that you get your personal issues worked out so this does not affect your mental state.

Thanks

Zachary

"[font=""]The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love."[/font]

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
So I called to talk with you man to man about this whole Deputy Issue. I tried to handle it civil so that it did not come to this.

I have never threatend you or called you names. I simply called the Sheriff department to have a Deputy educated on the law.

So far you you have gone way off the deep end. I would hope that you calm down take a breath and realize that no one is out to get you. Being paranoid about people out to get you is a classic sign paranoia.

I recomend that you talk to someone about these hostile feelings. Maybe someone like your Bishop. I for one hold no personal feelings about you or the name calling.

I have no issue with you knowing where I live in fact I would not mind inviting you over for a bbq. I hope that you get your personal issues worked out so this does not affect your mental state.

Thanks

Zachary
Nobody got a chance to QFT Zachary's/Gunfreak's post in which he originally claimed not to have called Bnmyers82. That post has now been edited to remove that lie. The fact that a lie was posted, then removed, causes me to really question the integrity of the poster and the veracity of most everything else he might post.

Zack, why the ned to lie about what you did or did not do? Really hurts your credibility man.

And probably not a good idea to go off like Rodney Ramjet presuming to solve problems for others that they don't want you to solve. I'm sure you can find plenty of your own experiences wherewith to help educate cops without dragging someone or his name into a situtation he doesn't want to be invovled in.

And then to track down and call at work someone who prefers to remain mostly anonymous, even if he wasn't the best at hiding his info from you? REALLY not cool dude. Really.

I don't think I know either of you from Adam. But you really are not doing any favors for us here.

Charles