• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OH gawd how I love to bash chillidog's dad...

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

To set the stage, this PM was unsolicited. If you have a concern about me, post it where evryone can read it. Those who do not have my respect,may expect no level of privacy.

chillidogswrote via PM:
hey I know I dont agree with you. Usually I think you are a pot stirring dink. But if I dont think it was you I dont think it was you. sorry.

perhaps our disagreement could be settled in private places not on the forum. I think it is a disraction.

But you do love bash on my dad so it does piss me off.

You may think whatever you want about me, as that is your right. I am a pot stirring dink, and you are a troll with an agenda.

Any disagreement that you or other brainwashed fucsticks may have should be posted here for the world to read. I care not about distractions. If you have a disagreement with my views, and don't care to engage in useful conversation, then go away. The best cure to fix my opinion, is to stop reading them. If you want to civilly discuss the topic of open carry, then by all means post your views.

Unless I know your dad personally, there is no way I could have bashed him. I can only assume that you mean that your father is a peace officer. Well guess what? I don't care if he is a cop, a burger flipper, a Senator, The President, or unemployed. I have the respect for him as I do for you. NONE, because I do notknow you or your father. You have no respect for me, so I will assume that you have no respect for other soldiers in the U.S. Army. If you can throw me in to a hate group, I can do the same for you. Soldier basher.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

Without knowing anything else about this, I will offer the opinion that this type of personal feud is better kept off the forum.

This is not a private, restricted access forum where its just us girls so to speak. Anyone, from the media, with an agenda, etc can come on here and read, copy & paste, and quote what is posted. While we can't control what the trolls, antis, and other problem children write, we can control how and even if we respond to them. What we post here is a reflection on gun owners generally and the entire OC community in particular. We should all stop from time to time and ask ourselves if we would really want to see what we post here reprinted on the front page of the Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, or Deseret News as being representative of what gun owners and open carriers think and say.

Further, this forum does serve some useful purpose in helping to answer legitimate questions, educate those looking to learn the truth and so on. Every thread that gets hijacked by personal spats and pissing matches detracts from that usefulness.

Sgt, I know you enjoy getting into public debates and low brow matches with the trolls. I understand that to a point and to each his own. But I encourage you not to do so on this particular forum because of the reasons listed above. If you really have something to say to the trolls, take it to PM, or to email, or to a different forum where such exchanges do not have the risks and costs they have here. In most cases, the best thing we can do is to ignore the trolls. At most, we should limit responses to correct bad info or otherwise make clear the troll's views do not represent the real gun owning community.

And my first inclination would be to PM this message to you, but apparently you want everything said and done in public. So here it is.

Please, let's not diminish the usefulness of this forum by turning it into a public airing of private grudges.

Don't feed the trolls; and don't become a troll.

Charles

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
To set the stage, this PM was unsolicited. If you have a concern about me, post it where evryone can read it. Those who do not have my respect,may expect no level of privacy.

chillidogswrote via PM:
hey I know I dont agree with you. Usually I think you are a pot stirring dink. But if I dont think it was you I dont think it was you. sorry.

perhaps our disagreement could be settled in private places not on the forum. I think it is a disraction.

You may think whatever you want about me, as that is your right. I am a pot stirring dink, and you are a troll with an agenda.

Any disagreement that you or other brainwashed fucsticks may have should be posted here for the world to read. I care not about distractions. If you have a disagreement with my views, and don't care to engage in useful conversation, then go away. The best cure to fix my opinion, is to stop reading them. If you want to civilly discuss the topic of open carry, then by all means post your views.

Unless I know your dad personally, there is no way I could have bashed him. I can only assume that you mean that your father is a peace officer. Well guess what? I don't care if he is a cop, a burger flipper, a Senator, The President, or unemployed. I have the respect for him as I do for you. NONE, because I do notknow you or your father. You have no respect for me, so I will assume that you have no respect for other soldiers in the U.S. Army. If you can throw me in to a hate group, I can do the same for you. Soldier basher.
Temper, temper, Sgt. J.
68.gif

chillidogs

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:

chillidogswrote via PM:

you ASSume way too much!

Fucsticks?

Soldier Basher?

I dont consider you a soldier of a serviceman. A uniform is just cloth. Its the man inside that determines what you are.:uhoh: ,,!,,

:X

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

chillidogs wrote:
I dont consider you a soldier of a serviceman. A uniform is just cloth. Its the man inside that determines what you are.
This is what I have been trying to say about the police, but apparently you fail to see them as men.

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

chillidogs wrote:
did you stay up all night thinking up that reply?
If you would get your head out of your aXX maybe you would realize my husband is on the other side of the world serving our country right now!! So while you are getting your beauty troll sleep he is wide awake reading these posts and replying. The time is almost opposite of ours.

bmeldrum

imported post

Can we ban/block chilidog? Sounds to me this individual just wants to stir the pot, cause trouble, so can he/she be removed?

chillidogs

imported post

I dont know what to say. What a gang.

I simply show private jensen the disrespect he shows others and I get this.

Why?

I respect and admire soldiers for the sacrifice and the burdens that they bear. I even respect and have sympathy for the burdens his wife endures while he is over seas and she has to deal with it all by herself. I think her burdens and contributions to the effort eclipse his by far.

But If he will not respect others then I will not respect him. It is pretty simple.

So if you all must gang up and ban me that is fine. I dont see it as fair. I do appologize to mrs Jensen. I clearly upset her and it is not my intention. I have attempted to contact Jensen on PM and work out the disagreements but he insists on making it a public matter.

HE IS THE ONE THAT MADE THIS PUBLIC. Why should I be banned for it?

I am often offended by the lack of respect I interpret from his posts towards others.

I show it back and I get this.

Where is the balance and fairness in that? This is not supposed to be a LEO bashing forum but it is and it insults me and my family. We are gun nuts as well. However nobody likes getting kicked in the shins so to speak.

bmeldrum

imported post

chillidogs wrote:

Why?

I respect and admire soldiers for the sacrifice and the burdens that they bear. I even respect and have sympathy for the burdens his wife endures while he is over seas and she has to deal with it all by herself. I think her burdens and contributions to the effort eclipse his by far.

But If he will not respect others then I will not respect him. It is pretty simple.

So if you all must gang up and ban me that is fine. I dont see it as fair. I do appologize to mrs Jensen. I clearly upset her and it is not my intention. I have attempted to contact Jensen on PM and work out the disagreements but he insists on making it a public matter.

I am often offended by the lack of respect I interpret from his posts towards others.

Where is the balance and fairness in that? This is not supposed to be a LEO bashing forum but it is and it insults me and my family. We are gun nuts as well. However nobody likes getting kicked in the shins so to speak.
Okay I apologize for my harshness, (I'm just saying what others are probably thinking)- perhaps than maybe you could 'troll' it down a bit! try to refrain from stiring the pot or causing problems, stop arguing and enjoy the many uses this site has to offer...

chillidogs

imported post

bmeldrum wrote:
chillidogs wrote:

Why?

Okay I apologize for my harshness, (I'm just saying what others are probably thinking)- perhaps than maybe you could 'troll' it down a bit! try to refrain from stiring the pot or causing problems, stop arguing and enjoy the many uses this site has to offer...

Would love to. But there needs to be balance and respect accross the board. INCLUDING toward officers doing their job.

And who decides who is a troll? I have valid points. I doubt that is trolling. I doubt it is really trolling to express yourself.

mqondo

imported post

I am kinda wondering why I am reading all of this. Where are the "fun" posts? :p I understand both sides here. I think you can respect someone without knowing them or seeing them face to face. I think there are different levels of respect of course. You CAN respect others to a degree, until they give you a reason not to. But you can't really FULLY respect someone until you get to know them personally, as SGT Jensen has been stating. (Correct me if I'm wrong there SGT.)
I wouldn't trust my life to someone I hadn't really met. I would only trust my life to someone that I know really well. I don't trust people with firearms until I have been around them for a while and see how they are going to handle their firearms. I have been in situations where people have said that they know how to handle a gun, and have been many times with friends. Then shortly after they pick up the gun, they start waving it around. Now whenever I go with people I have never been shooting with, I ALWAYS pay attention to what they do, and make sure they are being safe. If they are then they start to gain respect. If they aren't safe, then I step in and help them out so they don't kill someone. I have had a couple experiences with people being unsafe that were pretty scary. One was a person I knew, and the other was someone that was at the outdoor range that I didn't know. I could post them here sometime, but I'm already taking up too much space in this thread. Sorry for hijacking a little bit, or a lot. :)
But I think that we can treat people with respect and be polite to one another, even if we have different views. None of us think exactly the same. But I would rather read topics on guns and OC and CC, and issues with that rather than people bagging on each other.
Just my thoughts for the night. If it doesn't make sense, it's because I'm pretty tired.

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

:Dchillidogs wrote:
I do appologize to mrs Jensen. I clearly upset her and it is not my intention.
Apology accepted, no problem.
My beef is when people start accusing my husband and or assuming different things about him that are simply not true. I always look at it as - " have you walked in their shoes? " Don't make judgments about something or someone without knowing the whole truth. I think at times we all do this, I know I have been guilty of it. So I am sorry if I have offended anyone that was never my intention.
Back to my husband - anyone that knows him personally knows that he makes friends everywhere he goes, but he has little tolerance for people that think they know the laws or think they are the law ;) when they alot of the times are very uneducated and think whatever they say goes. "Catch my drift" He will stand his ground and not back down when it comes to his or his families right to Keep and Bear Arms; and I am with him 100% My husband is very well educated regarding the laws or anything else pertaining to Firearms. He stays current on ALL the laws and ANY changes that take place. Most LEO's (at least 99% of them that we have or others have come in contact with) do not stay current other than what they are told or what they think they know, specially pertaining to OC.
SGT's short fuse the last little while is not his true personality or a reflection of the person he really is. To all that think it is come to an OC/UCC meet and meet us in person instead of bashing eachother over this forumn. We can talk our differences out then and come to a happy conclusion while enjoying some good company with other like minded folk. :D

Bushidonate

imported post

Sgt when are you going to be back? I would love to get together with you and whoever else to have BBQ or whatever. I think Layton city park maybe a good place to do this. They have a good play ground for the kids, ducks and geese in the river, and some nice gazebos with BBQ pits next to them. The only issue I could see is it is right across from Layton High school. This would mean that to carry there you would have to have a CCW permit. Also it is right next to the police dept, so we may get a visit. This would be a good chance to get to know some of our other members on here. I'm open to other locations as well. just throw it out and we'll let everyone decide where.

Bushidonate

imported post

I believe that I was trying to plan something by getting input on time and location. I would like it to be when Sgt and THX can make it. So it would be nice you two would let me know when you are going to be back. And i know not all of us have our ccw permits, so if someone has another suggestion for a location I would like to hear them. Thanks.