Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Macomb twp. picnic

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

What: Macomb twp. picnic
    When: Saturday August 15th at noon
    Where: Macomb Corners Park 19449 25 mile rd. Macomb, MI 48042

You are all invited to a picnic at Macomb Corners Park on Saturday August 15th at noon.

http://www.macomb-mi.gov/Parks%20and...ParksPage.html

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...rch=++Search++

Hope to see you all there!

Post imported post

I can bring the gas grill, paper plates, napkins, cooler, water, ice, hot dogs and buns.

I know we have had a very busy summer and, some people may be up to their eyeballs in hot dogs. But, we have accomplished a lot. All of our get-togethers are important and this one is right up there at the top. I'm not sure if we have ever had one in this area, but it looks like a great location. Hopefully a few of us can make it out.

Post imported post

Nooo. *cry*

Every picnic thus far, I swear, has been on my weekend to work. (I work every other weekend. ) This one's close to home, and I still can't make it.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

If you can't make this one you then you should just come this weekend to Auburn Hills.
    That's not too far from you, just as far as going to a pistons game basically.
    Sorry to hear you can't make this one though.

Post imported post

I have a sportsman's gun raffle to this weekend that I bought a ton of tickets to. Gonna win me some long guns!:celebrate

I wish I could though. Good luck though guys, hopefully you have a turnout like in Oxford. I heard there was close to a hundred people!
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

I have never been to one of the picnics and was wondering if it's customary to bring something i.e. food or monetary donation ? I don't like showing up empty handed. Please advise and thank you in advance.

Eryk

Post imported post

Eryk, first and foremost, welcome! Please put your city and or state in your profile, upper right hand corner so we can claim you as our own.

Secondly, it would be great to bring either or both ~.o But is absolutely not required! A dish would be great and I know a donation would not be turned away. Do not in anyway feel obligated. We'd just be glad to have you

Post imported post

Thank you FatboyCykes for the quick reply and the welcome, I will bring some money because in all honesty I am not a good cook. I also added my location as requested. I think this site is great and look forward to talking with everyone who attends.

Eryk

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Post imported post

is this picnic in response to macomb's unenforceable firearms ordinance?
    http://www.municode.com/resources/ga...342&sid=22
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Post imported post

Crap! We are going to be out of town that day for a birthday party. Hope you guys have a great time & a good turn out.

Post imported post

Picnic on the weekend of the Woodward Dream Cruise? Ouch... that will greatly divide the OC crew on a pretty big day.

Post imported post

Even if we only get 10 or so that would be good. Personally, I have no interest whatsoever in the dream cruise. I'm sure there are a couple like minded people out there that will come to the picnic.

I'm hoping that the member in question who was harassed twice in this area will come out and join us.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Veritas wrote:
    Picnic on the weekend of the Woodward Dream Cruise? Ouch... that will greatly divide the OC crew on a pretty big day.
    Last year we had the Warren OC picnic and it was our largest to date, around 75 people.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Veritas wrote:
    Last year we had the Warren OC picnic and it was our largest to date, around 75 people.
    We had over twice that in Oxford, which now has the lead. The TC event is second.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Bump

Post imported post

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be there. If anybody from the Flint area wants to carpool, that would be awesome. These hour drives every weekend are killin me on gas money.

But! I will have silverware and cups for this picnic. There was a 390 piece silverware set (untouched or very nearly untouched) and a bag of cups left over from the Auburn Hills picnic that I'm bringing. We may still need more cups though, theres probably only 20 or 25 cups in this bag.

Post imported post

Unless that nasty "W" word gets in the way I should be there for at least part of the event. The rest of the day will be on Woodward for the cruise.

So anyone looking to hit Woodward early, Lunch in Macomb Twp and then head back to the Cruise I generally have room for myself +3. I will probably be on my bike until about 11:30am and then leave from the 13-mile area for the picnic.

If your interested in making the trek just PM me here and we can arrange the details.

Radioman

Post imported post

Check out the Macomb daily tomorrow. Should be an article on the picnic in there.

Post imported post

Hmm.. I tried searching Macomb Daily's website and I didn't find anything.. Can anybody post a link? Or give me the title of the article from the actual paper. I'm way too far north to pick up a copy of the paper.

Post imported post

wasn't in there today, should be in there tomorrow. I'll post it as soon as it comes out.

Post imported post

Here is the article in today's Macomb Daily about the picnic. Overall I think it was good, except there is one error that I noticed. "Roshek acknowledged some might be a little intimidated to share the picnic grounds with a group whose members strap side arms on their hips." I never said that. Actually, what I said was I can understand that some people who may not have been exposed to guns could be concerned.

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/...0006105015.txt

Post imported post

Awesome article. I like the Sheriffs input.

Which picnic had a "special mobile command unit" show up from the PD??

Post imported post

astrogiblet wrote:
    Awesome article. I like the Sheriffs input.

Which picnic had a "special mobile command unit" show up from the PD??
    That was Warren.

I hear there is going to be a follow up in tomorrows Macomb Daily. Lets have a big turnout for this one!

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I think we are going to get some local television news coverage. As long as we play our cards right, this picnic has the potential to be a very good one.

Ben

Post imported post

More tables or shade here?

Also, might not be a bad idea to try to organize these things a bit better, I know that's opening a can of worms, but as we garner more and more attention, we may way to put a little bit more polish on these picnics Not charging you John, with this, or any other organizer, but we the people :P

Everything has been great so far, I'm just thinking we can step it up a bit. A bit more organization with the food and feeding people and all that. Just a thought. Times they are a tough, but if you're coming, please try to bring something, I don't care if it's one two liter, or a dollar bag of buns, or some cheapo no name hot dogs. Nobody will be upset if you don't or can't, but if you can and are able, chip in a little.

Tomorrow is a high of 89 and mostly sunny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast