• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Macomb twp. picnic

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Here is the article in today's Macomb Daily about the picnic. Overall I think it was good, except there is one error that I noticed. "Roshek acknowledged some might be a little intimidated to share the picnic grounds with a group whose members strap side arms on their hips." I never said that. Actually, what I said was I can understand that some people who may not have been exposed to guns could be concerned.

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/2009/08/13/news/srv0000006105015.txt

FatboyCykes

imported post

More tables or shade here?

Also, might not be a bad idea to try to organize these things a bit better, I know that's opening a can of worms, but as we garner more and more attention, we may way to put a little bit more polish on these picnics :) Not charging you John, with this, or any other organizer, but we the people :p

Everything has been great so far, I'm just thinking we can step it up a bit. A bit more organization with the food and feeding people and all that. Just a thought. Times they are a tough, but if you're coming, please try to bring something, I don't care if it's one two liter, or a dollar bag of buns, or some cheapo no name hot dogs. Nobody will be upset if you don't or can't, but if you can and are able, chip in a little.

Tomorrow is a high of 89 and mostly sunny :(

Generaldet

imported post

Here is the follow up article from the Macomb Daily. There is a bit of a back story to this and the article was written in response to a flurry of phone calls regarding how
"We can't do this and the township WILL enforce their ordinance." etc. etc.
In the end the situation was calmly resolved and the law prevailed.

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/2009/08/14/news/srv0000006114137.txt

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I copied and post to the news thread. Good job John, you are doing great. Expect a raise in your next paycheck;) That's funny because we are all volunteers.:p

Eryk

imported post

Just wanted to say Thank you for the invite to the picnic in Macomb. It was alot of fun and got to meet some really good people and the food was delicious, nothing like food cooked on a grill. Hope to see everyone at the shooting competition coming up the end of this month.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

+1
it was a lot of fun and the turnout was pretty good. [smellslike]Molly and i had a great time and it was nice to see how many OC parents brought their children along.

astrogiblet

imported post

Ha! Picnic was awesome. The drive was not. Doug and I were the last to leave, except for the guy who showed up at the end with his wife and was talking about some website we all needed to go to. Something oath? Anyways, all the garbage was cleaned up...

The 3 policemen that showed up were friggin awesome. Nothing like some renewed faith in our Police...

On my way home I went to the gun range... Meant to see if anybody wanted to go with me to a range somewhere around Macomb, but I forgot to ask.

Hope to see ALL of you at the Burton picnic next week!

Generaldet

imported post

Thank you to everyone that came out today! I'm happy that everyone had a good time. Hope to see you all at the shooting competition.

It was Pilotptk on the Bike, my wife also got a pic in front of the bike.

The sergeant that was there on the motorcycle said that this wasnt even his patrol area but he had to come by and learn more because he wasnt aware of OC and wanted to educate his department. I will be sending him the info this Monday.

Thanks again everyone